Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News vs. Bad FUD (How these affect markets?)  (Read 120 times)
Sam76512 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:36:52 PM

It is interesting to me how it seems that bad publicity, fud, rumors, news, announcements, etc in the press can have a devastating affect on markets. Sometimes these are legit sources and sometimes they are complete speculation and reports that have no basis of verifiable information and even with factual debunking of rumors the affects on the market are noticeable. And on the flip side when positive news comes out about blockchain use cases, companies utilizing the tech, the magnitude that this tech has on so many industries, and/or cryptocurrency adoption, it seems the market doesn't react in the same way. Like bad news is three steps backwards and good news is one step forward.

Just curious if others feel this way or is this just me. I understand that this is still just a budding market and technology and things are not the norm when it comes to blockchain. However having been studying this for about a year it seems like this is happening. What will the space look like in 2 years if the market continues to react this way to good vs. bad news? Also what will need to happen to finally push this the other way? Although yes I know that the market is actually just correcting after a huge parabolic rise and this is normal. Just wanted peoples thoughts on this...

Here is some news that made me think of this. Obviously one of the markets that has a huge factor is asian countries especially South Korea. Since we have gotten many bad press from that area I figured this would be a highlight in a positive aspect. He even promotes the mining of crypto-currencies as a necessity to the public blockchain sector. Which is how the tech thrives in its decentralization.

Not sure if links are allowed so I posted both ways.
https://www.ccn.com/blockchain-tech-can-change-world-says-south-koreas-finance-minister/
ccn(dot)com/blockchain-tech-can-change-world-says-south-koreas-finance-minister/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:47:24 PM

What will the space look like in 2 years if the market continues to react this way to good vs. bad news?
Well in the future considering that cryptocurrency is a growing market volatility will be really big as when the market grows the bigger the influence to the 2nd movers it will be. Even if the government will try to have their own cryptocurrency market or have a regulated market it won't stop every bad news as it still affects the market because of it being a FUD. Put together a down trending Bitcoin chart and FUD in several countries it will create a recipe for disaster in terms of Bitcoin's price.

Also what will need to happen to finally push this the other way? Although yes I know that the market is actually just correcting after a huge parabolic rise and this is normal. Just wanted peoples thoughts on this...
Not unless all of us will be buying up Bitcoin, I don't think we can push it the other way. Because Bitcoin being an unregulated cryptocurrency it will always depend on the whales where they will push it.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:05:36 PM

It is very unregulated market which is very revolutionary and will change all the traditional sytems including banking, even maybe governments in some aspects so it is very vulnerable to fuds, I think in the future, fuds have less effect on the market.
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:23:11 PM

It is very unregulated market which is very revolutionary and will change all the traditional sytems including banking, even maybe governments in some aspects so it is very vulnerable to fuds, I think in the future, fuds have less effect on the market.

With anything, as crypto continues to grow (I don't mean in price terms) it will only lead to more stability in the sector. While it's new it is still really vulnerable to bad news as people are unsure if it will ever actually make it and be adopted on a mass scale. Let's not forget that even the biggest technological revolution of the last century (at least in my opinion) in the internet still faced huge adoption issues and challenges. People are always adverse to change and so they need to be shown time and time again that they need something before they begin to accept it.

Sam76512 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:29:12 PM

I agree with this 100%. I think this is a very revolutionary technology and has the potential to change so many industries. Not only the financial industries although this will be one of the first markets to see such disruption I believe. Which is why so many banks and financial companies are spreading lies and downright blasting crypto as a whole. I do see a complete cashless (fiat) society soon and one that can also be trustless with blockchain and smart contracting.

I do agree there will be less fud in the future although that may be some time out. I do think when mass adoption comes and there is everyday use cases in normal peoples live ,then fud won't have such an impact on market which will decrease volatility.

Also as for governments being affected by blockchain... Oh yes. I think this should and will happen. Just like what the canadian government is doing with complete transparency and oversight on their budget spending utilizing the blockchain. I think this is something all governments should have to do. Us as tax payers should have a right to know what our taxes are being used for and not have to hope what our corrupt politicians and lobbyists want us to believe is the truth.
gordeevaar

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:30:35 PM

It is interesting to me how it seems that bad publicity, fud, rumors, news, announcements, etc in the press can have a devastating affect on markets. Sometimes these are legit sources and sometimes they are complete speculation and reports that have no basis of verifiable information and even with factual debunking of rumors the affects on the market are noticeable. And on the flip side when positive news comes out about blockchain use cases, companies utilizing the tech, the magnitude that this tech has on so many industries, and/or cryptocurrency adoption, it seems the market doesn't react in the same way. Like bad news is three steps backwards and good news is one step forward.

Do you think Bitcoins reached this price level without any manipulation ? A lot of that good news is fake as well.
Sam76512 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:53:17 PM

Do you think Bitcoins reached this price level without any manipulation ? A lot of that good news is fake as well.

Well I understand that this is the Bitcoin Forum and I don't want to start any war with the wrong people. As a newbie here I don't want to overstep my bounds currently as I am sure there are some long-term and long-time diehard fans of Bitcoin. However my comments were not directed toward Bitcoin solely but an overall on the whole market. Of course there was also some speculation that went on that contributed to the rise of Bitcoin. Since most other currencies will mimic what happens to the current leader it is normal for the rise and fall of the market based on what happens to the top dog. However to me, Bitcoin, is just a small part of the global blockchain/crypto market. I don't even see it comparing to assets like ETH. I don't want to make anyone upset and these are just my opinions. I will be happy when the market share equals out much more than it is. I believe it will be much better for the market and will further reduce volatility.

But for me (and the reason for the post) is it seems that one country can say "We are banning all cryptos and hate the blockchain and yada yada" and the market tanks because everyone is so scared of this new technology and don't understand it. Then a week later says "We are embracing cryptos and love the revolutionary blockchain tech and this is how we are utilizing it etc. but the market seems unfazed and takes 3 times as long for good news to push the market. I am sure like everyone else here I just am ready for less speculation, more adoption and education, and less volatility. But I suppose welcome to the wild wild west of the crypto world. Things are changing every 24hrs. So who knows what things will look like in 6 months even.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:11:09 PM

There are many FUDs that say bitcoin will fall in the $ 5,000 price range, $ 3500, $ 3000 even up to $ 1500. Honestly, i really don`t believe with the news, for me it`s just a cheap FUD that can find in 'place' garbage.

South Korea. Initially, i strongly believe in this small country, with the high enthusiasm of its citizens, South Korea is able to provide the effect of defense against bitcoin prices, but lately i`ve doubts about the ability of South Korea. I`m worried that South Korea a will only 'raise' his own son that is NEO.

jsarce

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:37:15 PM

Just like the stock market, the crypto market can also be affected by news, whether good or bad, real or not. Good news can persuade investors to BUY more, thus increasing the volume along with the price. On the other hand, Bad news can trigger panic to investors, and the opposite will happen.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:01:13 PM

There are many FUDs that say bitcoin will fall in the $ 5,000 price range, $ 3500, $ 3000 even up to $ 1500. Honestly, i really don`t believe with the news, for me it`s just a cheap FUD that can find in 'place' garbage.

South Korea. Initially, i strongly believe in this small country, with the high enthusiasm of its citizens, South Korea is able to provide the effect of defense against bitcoin prices, but lately i`ve doubts about the ability of South Korea. I`m worried that South Korea a will only 'raise' his own son that is NEO.
It would still be possible if there's still no improvement on bitcoin which transaction fee's where the previous problem encountered last year. This will be the key to take the trust of the investors which are very important. These FUD can be replace by positive one once good news are proven and the reliability of the source are more concrete.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: