Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:05:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is now banned in JAMAICA  (Read 977 times)
Tranghoangvani

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:21:31 AM

These things are very normal. Each country has its own regulations. However, BTC still exists and develops.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:53:25 AM

Most governments all over the world are completely against bitcoin from the beginning, they consider bitcoin as a threat to traditional financial system, so this decision is not a surprise.

rockyboy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:57:15 AM

Bitcoin is getting banned in jamaica heard recent news
about this ban, stated by the Bank Of Jamaica avoiding this virtual
currency called bitcoin. if you have anymore news leave in post below.
👍 respect. Smiley

Well,  every country has it's own law that every man should follow,  that is their nation and their law.  But even if other countries officially banned from using bitcoin i believe that in the future they will surely used it too upon learning more about crypto.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:38:02 AM

👍 respect. Smiley

Well,  every country has it's own law that every man should follow,  that is their nation and their law.  But even if other countries officially banned from using bitcoin i believe that in the future they will surely used it too upon learning more about crypto.

Certainly we must obey the rules of the government, whether the ban or obligation as citizens ngara. it is unfortunate if JAMAICA countries prohibit Bitcoin, other countries such as the Philippines have legalized Bitcoin, of course JAMAICA will be left behind from the side of Economics, Technology and even from the political side will surely lag.
the JAMAICA government must be able to accept Bitcoin to avoid backwardness from other countries.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:25:53 AM

👍 respect. Smiley

Correct, We need to respect their decision because every nation are different and they have a different point of view on different aspects or things. We can't expect every countriy in this world to accept Bitcoin or other forms of crypto currencies.  Smiley

Certainly we must obey the rules of the government, whether the ban or obligation as citizens ngara. it is unfortunate if JAMAICA countries prohibit Bitcoin, other countries such as the Philippines have legalized Bitcoin, of course JAMAICA will be left behind from the side of Economics, Technology and even from the political side will surely lag.
the JAMAICA government must be able to accept Bitcoin to avoid backwardness from other countries.
I think you're wrong on what you are saying about Bitcoin in the Philippines, The usage of Bitcoin in the Philippines is not legalized yet but it is not illegal to use it or have it. There are difference between "Legal" and "Not Illegal" If Bitcoin is Legalized in the Philippines there should be rules and regulations passed by the government on how to use this crypto currency but there isn't, Am I right? This means The usage of Bitcoin in the Philippines is not legalized yet but citizens of this country are allowed to use Bitcoin. For example Japan, they already legalized the usage of Bitcoin because they already have rules and regulations on how to use and possess Bitcoin and it is approved by their law makers. It looks the same but they are totally different.  Cheesy
hxxxiu

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:39:28 AM

I don't think that Jamaica's ban on cryptocurrencies will have a big impact on Bitcoin. The country itself is not so important to cryptocurrencies, so its attitude will not have much impact on cryptocurrencies.
teterinal

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:19:37 AM

Just shows their central bank sees bitcoin as a threat.
Alacate615

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:33:46 AM

Unfortunately, the ban each country has a negative impact on bitcoin. But I hope that the countries that banned bitcoin will be very, very few.
aliichaudhary

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:53:45 PM

May be due to black money issues of criminals. But we have to respect their decision
iamike

Activity: 314
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:03:27 PM

It will be quite unfortunate if it is really true that they have such a decision. I don't understand why some banks or government have a bad notion about bitcoin. I believe is all because of the fake news and impression people are creating about the coin. Bitcoin will continue to ruin.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:05:25 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 04:46:02 PM by 2fresh

It will be quite unfortunate if it is really true that they have such a decision. I don't understand why some banks or government have a bad notion about bitcoin. I believe is all because of the fake news and impression people are creating about the coin. Bitcoin will continue to ruin.

Unfortunate for jamaicans, but looking at the big picture it doesn't really matter what Jamaica does or doesn't do. They are small fish.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: