Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are now down 70% and still dropping  (Read 689 times)
ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:43:49 AM

do not lose hope buddy
many believe, this is a very natural thing in this crypto world, maybe this is called the main risk of bitcoin
I myself, had predicted this would happen, when I first jumped, and I was ready with this risk
do not panic then sell, hold your coins, bitcoin will return to normal in a few moments, just need to wait
moments? or months? or maybe years to get back to 20 k again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:45:11 AM

And I'm not scared because last year Bitcoin was less than $1,000. Since last year no stock has performed that well, people overreact to short term drops and forget to look at the long term charts.

Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:49:02 AM

As of this morning BTC went below 6000 - that is a 70% drop from the peak at the end of 2017.

"This is normal in crypto" says many in here. Come on - get real. It is a full-on crash, and it is not over yet.
So this is great news, everyone can buy and get positions, if he has a fiat. The prices were estimated at 5000-6000 last year, when bitcoin was 10,000 dollars. In this collapse there is nothing surprising.

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:54:15 AM

We may see bitcoins price toland over the $4000 area and that is the price i am waiting for. The bears have easily break the $8000 support line. As of now i am just waiting to buy more bitcoins.

And I'm not scared because last year Bitcoin was less than $1,000. Since last year no stock has performed that well, people overreact to short term drops and forget to look at the long term charts.

I agree but i can not blame people to be scared. Some people really can not follow the no emotion rule in trading/investing.
dasher797

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Get your share of the future

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:00:51 AM

As of this morning BTC went below 6000 - that is a 70% drop from the peak at the end of 2017.

"This is normal in crypto" says many in here. Come on - get real. It is a full-on crash, and it is not over yet.
The drop is not looks normal. May be it just impact of bad news about bitcoin that spread by media. But usually its not for long term. Just like the falling price when CO is banned in China, the impact is so bad but not for long term, even the price reach 20k after that. I hope bitcoin price will rise soon ar atleast stop going down.

oviudiu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:03:49 AM

We are still good, in 2017, in January, it was much lower. I noticed a patter ith the crypto market, it tends to go up like hell and down as much! Keep faith.
susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:19:30 AM

seems to see from the existing graph bitcoin will drop to touch the original price or the initial price before the price rises to very high the possibility of the price will return to the price of about $ 5k and will rise again at the end of the year.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:36:21 AM

Tether/Bitfinex is no longer generate fake money(over 2 billions till now) . They are on hold.  This is the main reason.  Grin
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:48:13 PM

Yes, this is a complete collapse. Even the US stocks are falling. Many people wonder if the financial crisis is coming. But I think this is ridiculous. We need to be calm. If the stock market collapses, it is very normal.

Bitcoin is down 40% in a week - the stock market is down 5%. Do you understand the difference?

that's because bitcoin is a high risk financial product and stocks are low risk. Or better put, stocks are high risk, bitcoin is super-uber-mega-high risk. The point is, when there is uncertaintly over a crisis, all asset prices go down (except bonds which are tied to the interest rates in the opposite direction), in the order of risk. The higher the risk the more likely you are to get out of it. The same thing happened to alt coins, which took a much bigger hit then BTC because they are of even higher risk.

So yes, if stocks go down, so will bitcoin. Not saying that this is what brings BTC down right now, but it certainly contributes.
Goodday

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

the decline of bitcoin I hope does not last long and may just wait for time to get back to normal and certainly will rise higher again from the year 2017
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:12:53 PM

I think otherwise, the dip is because of all the bad news. Let’s watch Bitcoin price after the fuds are cleared.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:22:52 PM

Now is February 2018, lets compare the price from the last year, Feb 2017.
the current price is still above the last year price.
So you cannot say this is a full-on crash.
i think the sign of full crash is, the price is lower than last year price.

It all depends on what your benchmark is. Compared to the 20K ATH it is certainly a crash and the popping of a short-term bubble. But if you look at the long term trend of the last couple years it is easy to draw a smooth upwards sloping curve that fits it pretty well. When it shot up to 20K in December the price was getting ahead of itself; conversely now it has fallen well below the long term trend line. Just eyeballing it I'd say we should be getting back to around at least $11-12K to be back on the trend line without being overvalued.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 04:23:11 PM

I see many buyers will come into action if it drops more today and tomorrow. It's all volume based and supply and demand theory. I will wait and see for more how much percent its going to drop today and tomorrow and then I will lock the buy positions based on the observations. I m waiting eagerly to get into some nice position to repair profits in the long run and I m not in hurry.

That is what people said when it dropped to 15000. Then they saw the dip to 12000 as a good buying opportunity. Then people like you said to buy at 10000 because that was cheap. Then people like you in here said to buy at 8000 to be prepared for the upturn. Now you say the same at 6000.....

Go ahead, throw you money away chasing a dream to get-rich-quick. Reality is that the party is over.

Maybe you are just upset because of what happened. I guess you are one of those people invested in bitcoin at its peak, so you rant in this thread because of your frustrations. Maybe if you just do some research before you invest, you should probably know that this crash happens and actually might happen again. I hope the situation right now would give a lesson and use for your own benefit.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:26:14 PM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (1)

I’m not sure what you’re getting at? This isn’t new info.

The greatest minds in finance (I mean people in the real world, not bitcoinland) have been saying for a month that bitcoin is in a huge bubble that is going to pop.

These are people with advanced degrees in economics, business administration and finance being published by ages old respected economic reporting agencies. Forbes, Bloomberg, Wired, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Inc., The Economist, Kiplinger's, Harvard Business Review have ALL published articles telling about the impending disaster that’s about to happen when the bubble pops.

Everyone has been informed so no one should be surprised unless they live in a total vacuum somewhere above the fucking Arctic circle in an igloo. If the people on this forum want to ignore all of the worldwide brainpower saying the exact same thing, let them.

Anyone else find this post ironic given the screen name of the poster?  Wink

The "experts" have been wrong far more often than they have been right on Bitcoin. I could care less who has what opinion about Bitcoin - only the reasoning process behind their conclusions is what matters to me. And yet when they voice their reasoning on this subject I often find it lacking even at a cursory examination.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
CryptoEbe

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

Yes, this is normal in crypto. Have you seen the previous crashes? If not, I would suggest you take a look at the historical ups and downs of bitcoin.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:43:16 PM

It's really hard to tell when will the price dropping of bitcoin stop, but as many people say, it already happened before and after a couple of months bitcoin able to recover. If you are here for a long time, you will not be worried about what is happening in the price of bitcoin now because they are confident that bitcoin price will increase soon.
guy369

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:47:37 PM

Yes, this is a complete collapse. Even the US stocks are falling. Many people wonder if the financial crisis is coming. But I think this is ridiculous. We need to be calm. If the stock market collapses, it is very normal.

Bitcoin is down 40% in a week - the stock market is down 5%. Do you understand the difference?

The stock market lost $3 trillion yesterday
Crypto lost $100-200 billion

Do you understand the difference?

Crypto will enter the 'bubble' stage once we hit $2-3 trillion + of market cap combined.
I am accumulating myself at these basement prices

Just because "masters" of the economy call crypto a bubble does not make it so...These are the same people who will say housing is going to crash and buy up all the land one the property values plummet
...I don't trust people who have something to gain by giving advice.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:48:44 PM

Yes this is just a minor accident you need not worry.
Let's buy and buy this is a rare opportunity that happens only once a year, lest you miss this opportunity because you are scared.
this will definitely recover soon so do not be afraid of what's happening right now.
you can become a millionaire in the coming months if you can take this opportunity.

francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:51:12 PM

Yes, this is normal in crypto. Have you seen the previous crashes? If not, I would suggest you take a look at the historical ups and downs of bitcoin.
It may still dropping but bitcoin will continue to grow. Yes, if we can see the previous charts of bitcoin from the previous years price was different. Bitcoin has been volatile ever since so for me I hold then wait that's it.
siddu67

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:36:20 PM

Yeah that's true that we have came down 70% and still dropping but I think you know that bitcoin price always ups downs.It is one of the condition of them.Do not worry at present bitcoin is dropping but after a some time it will rise again.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: