Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:36:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are now down 70% and still dropping  (Read 686 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:16:51 AM

As of this morning BTC went below 6000 - that is a 70% drop from the peak at the end of 2017.

"This is normal in crypto" says many in here. Come on - get real. It is a full-on crash, and it is not over yet.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:18:47 AM

I see many buyers will come into action if it drops more today and tomorrow. It's all volume based and supply and demand theory. I will wait and see for more how much percent its going to drop today and tomorrow and then I will lock the buy positions based on the observations. I m waiting eagerly to get into some nice position to repair profits in the long run and I m not in hurry.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:21:59 AM

I see many buyers will come into action if it drops more today and tomorrow. It's all volume based and supply and demand theory. I will wait and see for more how much percent its going to drop today and tomorrow and then I will lock the buy positions based on the observations. I m waiting eagerly to get into some nice position to repair profits in the long run and I m not in hurry.

That is what people said when it dropped to 15000. Then they saw the dip to 12000 as a good buying opportunity. Then people like you said to buy at 10000 because that was cheap. Then people like you in here said to buy at 8000 to be prepared for the upturn. Now you say the same at 6000.....

Go ahead, throw you money away chasing a dream to get-rich-quick. Reality is that the party is over.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:24:59 AM

We are very close to the bottom, very close.

So dont jump overboard yet.

If you do, go open a bank account and wait for your 0.1% per year.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

Go ahead, throw you money away chasing a dream to get-rich-quick. Reality is that the party is over.

I'm not in this to get rich quick. Yes, you can make much nicer money than traditional banking/savings/investments, but the days of 10000% gains are over.

I'm in this because I believe in the technology. Blockchain technology is changing and will continue to change the world. I believed this at $20k, I believe it now at $7k, and I would still believe it at $1k.

Let's check back in 10 years, and see if blockchain technology is still around.
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:30:41 AM

Yeah it could still be dropping. Have you seen the price history from the past eight years? Every start of a year bitcoin price drastically fell and recovered after the first quarter. There are huge drops that records in the bitcoin price history, remember Mt. Gox event, that fell bitcoin more than 80% drop. And that is not just the huge drop, there are even more earlier drop which reaches up to 90%. So panic at 70% drop, I think not, i will panic if the price drops way below 100% because that will be the new huge drop in history.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:34:05 AM

As of this morning BTC went below 6000 - that is a 70% drop from the peak at the end of 2017.

"This is normal in crypto" says many in here. Come on - get real. It is a full-on crash, and it is not over yet.

Good for someone like me! I am picking up the dropping pieces bit by bit ($6000, $5500 and so on) with certain percentage of my holdings in fiat. One thing I am sure of is that, the lower the drop, the more the pressure will be when the buying starts. Moreover, even if we end up dropping below the downtrend line as it is, that may result to a pretty serious crash, but mate, I would personally not want to miss this moment for a great buying position. It comes only once in a while. Look at the bright side bro!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:40:45 AM

I’m not sure what you’re getting at? This isn’t new info.

The greatest minds in finance (I mean people in the real world, not bitcoinland) have been saying for a month that bitcoin is in a huge bubble that is going to pop.

These are people with advanced degrees in economics, business administration and finance being published by ages old respected economic reporting agencies. Forbes, Bloomberg, Wired, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Inc., The Economist, Kiplinger's, Harvard Business Review have ALL published articles telling about the impending disaster that’s about to happen when the bubble pops.

Everyone has been informed so no one should be surprised unless they live in a total vacuum somewhere above the fucking Arctic circle in an igloo. If the people on this forum want to ignore all of the worldwide brainpower saying the exact same thing, let them.

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:44:46 AM

The greatest minds in finance (I mean people in the real world, not bitcoinland) have been saying for a month that bitcoin is in a huge bubble that is going to pop.

These are people with advanced degrees in economics, business administration and finance being published by ages old respected economic reporting agencies. Forbes, Bloomberg, Wired, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Inc., The Economist, Kiplinger's, Harvard Business Review have ALL published articles telling about the impending disaster that’s about to happen when the bubble pops.

Everyone has been informed so no one should be surprised unless they live in a total vacuum somewhere above the fucking Arctic circle in an igloo. If the people on this forum want to ignore all of the worldwide brainpower saying the exact same thing, let them.

The religious cult - which the Bitcoin followers in here largely are - appear to still be in denial about reality though.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:47:34 AM

Bitcoin will never be lose. Dropping of price only happens in a month and it will also happen in a month for the price to rise up again. Let's just hope and be patient to wait for the price to rise up again. Bitcoin is too big too lose so don't be discourage if the price is decreasing but instead take this as opportunity to buy additional investments and then hold. Many people  have speculated that Bitcoin will rise up too soon and will double the highest price as compared from last year so let's just believe on that and keep calm and don't panic.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:49:33 AM

The religious cult - which the Bitcoin followers in here largely are - appear to still be in denial about reality though.

So what? That’s my point. If hundreds of people with doctorates in business and finance can’t convince them do you think you have any chance of doing it? Let it go dude.

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:52:07 AM

Bitcoin will never be lose. Dropping of price only happens in a month and it will also happen in a month for the price to rise up again. Let's just hope and be patient to wait for the price to rise up again. Bitcoin is too big too lose so don't be discourage if the price is decreasing but instead take this as opportunity to buy additional investments and then hold. Many people  have speculated that Bitcoin will rise up too soon and will double the highest price as compared from last year so let's just believe on that and keep calm and don't panic.

"Too big to lose" does not exist. And look at reality - Bitcoin is not big. In the global financial world Bitcoin is very small, and nobody would really care whether it lives or dies. The only ones who now care are the small "investors" who were gullible enough to believe to "Bitcoin to the moon" and "HODL" slogans. Some will continue to own and buy/sell Bitcoin, but that is just the same as some people who like to buy and sell old Pokemon cards - there is not much value there really.
CNY dasd

Activity: 102
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:02:08 AM

Because in the past there have been such things, so many people are worried about, but we will not be too disappointed, bitcoin prices also rose from this position.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:06:12 AM

I agree with you, this decrease makes a lot of members of the panic. but there are times when we have to get around the situation until it reverses with profit. I think the value is still going down, I prepare to buy it too.
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:17:48 AM

if in normal say, yes this is normal
but I'm a little worried about this, I'm also starting to lose hope, right now bitcoin really slumped, and this is a very drastic decline
frery

Activity: 147
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:20:29 AM

Yes, this is a complete collapse. Even the US stocks are falling. Many people wonder if the financial crisis is coming. But I think this is ridiculous. We need to be calm. If the stock market collapses, it is very normal.
Zagitta

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:21:12 AM

This is a big crash if it drops more.

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:27:01 AM

Yes, this is a complete collapse. Even the US stocks are falling. Many people wonder if the financial crisis is coming. But I think this is ridiculous. We need to be calm. If the stock market collapses, it is very normal.

Bitcoin is down 40% in a week - the stock market is down 5%. Do you understand the difference?

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:35:09 AM

Now is February 2018, lets compare the price from the last year, Feb 2017.
the current price is still above the last year price.
So you cannot say this is a full-on crash.
i think the sign of full crash is, the price is lower than last year price.
renggileh

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:42:34 AM

do not lose hope buddy
many believe, this is a very natural thing in this crypto world, maybe this is called the main risk of bitcoin
I myself, had predicted this would happen, when I first jumped, and I was ready with this risk
do not panic then sell, hold your coins, bitcoin will return to normal in a few moments, just need to wait
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: