Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:43:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint B29 Blake256 Miner (Decred)  (Read 928 times)
zerobias

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:13:33 PM

Max. order is 68000 apparently. Not sure if it is actually the current batch numbers or even a valid quantity. Still, that's amounts to a whole lotta wampum.

That would bring the network hashrate to 143 PH which is exactly 100 times the current. So profitability would be $4-5/day. Of course it would be insane to release 68000 at the same time, not to mention i don't think they have the production capacity. They haven't even shipped a single 16T miner yet..

68000 off first release would be a monumental task, i would think a tenth of that for the first batch.  Will be watching this one from afar but looks like bitmain has a serious competitor if they can produce at mass rates

Exactly, I think anything between 5-10k units too. If they release 10k it would be the exact same situation as with Bitmain's A3 - a few days of $100-200/day if you're one of the first and then gradually settle at $40/day. But the other interesting factor is what will Bitmain's reaction be - there is no way they aren't working on a Decred ASIC too, so I'd expect them to react immediately and release something in the next couple of weeks, even if it's a smaller count than originally planned.

In the end the big loser is of course Obelisk, which got absolutely crushed between these two giants (Halong is still a giant only on paper though).

for your consideration there’s were  5000 A3s in the first batch

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d2bg

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:55:32 PM

Obelisk DCR1 for less than 1/5 the price and around 50% of DragonMint B29's hashrate seems like an easy decision to me.  Assuming Obelisk comes out first, the profitability will plummet and ROI time for DragonMint B29s will be massive.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:59:19 PM

Obelisk DCR1 for less than 1/5 the price and around 50% of DragonMint B29's hashrate seems like an easy decision to me.  Assuming Obelisk comes out first, the profitability will plummet and ROI time for DragonMint B29s will be massive.
Yeah, I don't expect any of these to sell if at all any sales are even made for the DragonMint. I don't know what Halong were thinking when they released the miner at this price... At least there's proof of it being real unlike some of their other miners previously. The Obelisk is currently sold out, but this is just absolutely ridiculous with pricing.
d2bg

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:25:03 PM

Yeah, I don't expect any of these to sell if at all any sales are even made for the DragonMint. I don't know what Halong were thinking when they released the miner at this price... At least there's proof of it being real unlike some of their other miners previously. The Obelisk is currently sold out, but this is just absolutely ridiculous with pricing.

Even with reseller prices one could pay almost double for the Obelisk and still get a better price per GH ratio.
QuestionQuest

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:53:09 PM

Even with reseller prices one could pay almost double for the Obelisk and still get a better price per GH ratio.

Yes you are right, but dont forget about the Hash/Watt rate. At the end its a fair price. Not good, not bad.

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:54:22 AM

Yes you are right, but dont forget about the Hash/Watt rate. At the end its a fair price. Not good, not bad.
The thing is, the Obelisk will break even quicker and make more if the DCR1 is released before the B29, not to mention the pricing, even after any possible reseller markups if they're not too extreme. Sure, the Dragonmint will do better long term with its efficiency, but with pricing right now I don't think the better efficiency is worth paying 5x the original pricing of the DCR1.
klwolf2000

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:50:41 PM

The thing is, the Obelisk will break even quicker and make more if the DCR1 is released before the B29, not to mention the pricing, even after any possible reseller markups if they're not too extreme. Sure, the Dragonmint will do better long term with its efficiency, but with pricing right now I don't think the better efficiency is worth paying 5x the original pricing of the DCR1.
The B29 is going to start shipping this week so they will be in the wild months before Obelisk has anything shipping. The B29's will most likely make their capital back in the first 2-3 months and the network hashrate will increase a lot by the time Obelisk enters the scene. By that time I'd expect the Obelisk to make its capital back anywhere between 6-12 months depending on B29 batch size and batches they release.
ekrififi

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:03:55 PM

Has anybody here bought and/or received this asic from Halong? I figure with these units SET to ship this week, it could finally end "Dragonmint is a scam" debate...
MTS Coin

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:28:09 PM

Has anybody here bought and/or received this asic from Halong? I figure with these units SET to ship this week, it could finally end "Dragonmint is a scam" debate...

I personally am still waiting for someone to actually get a miner from Halong. Their specs are juicy but I am hesitant to attempt to order.
ekrififi

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:58:11 AM

I personally am still waiting for someone to actually get a miner from Halong. Their specs are juicy but I am hesitant to attempt to order.

It's like a suspense movie happening in slow motion.

"Behind you, BEHIND YOU... it's the UPS guy, he needs your signature."
klwolf2000

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:55:35 PM

I bought 1 of these and they sent everyone an email that bought one that shipping was delayed due to holiday shipping. They were pushed back to April 3-4th shipping.
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:48:41 PM

I bought 1 of these and they sent everyone an email that bought one that shipping was delayed due to holiday shipping. They were pushed back to April 3-4th shipping.

Now MyRig is posting that something is wrong with the circuit boards. Will probably use this to make an excuse for additional delays while they mine more coins. 😣
klwolf2000

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:32:04 PM

Now MyRig is posting that something is wrong with the circuit boards. Will probably use this to make an excuse for additional delays while they mine more coins. 😣
They posted that the b series miners will be shipping out in the next couple days.
ekrififi

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:50:22 AM

They posted that the b series miners will be shipping out in the next couple days.

I don't know the details, but "holliday shipping" sounds like a fake reason... because, like-- if the shipment were delayed due to Easter or something, then you would get that info from UPS et al... AFTER you had already gotten your tracking info / waybill.

I'm not saying they don't get delivered beginning of April (tho i do doubt the "new" delivery window), but i AM saying the holiday shipping excuse sounds fake to me.

But what do IIIII know?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: