Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:46:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [base2shop] Simple Bitcoin shop to sell your digital goods  (Read 700 times)
PlasmaAu (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 01:02:57 PM

Hi,

(Moderators; I could not find any rules against such posts, and I can't yet post in the market place! Apologies if this is in violation)

I just wanted to announce that I have developed a website to let people sell their digital goods (files, secret links or written instructions) in exchange for Bitcoins.

http://www.base2shop.com/demo

The idea is simple; you create an account (so you can get paid), add your file (or link or text) to be sold, set a price, and then point your customers to the supplied purchase page.

base2shop will then handle receiving and confirming your customer payments, and then send you a majority percentage of the payment (less the site's fees) immediately after comfirmation.

The site then unlocks the purchase for your customers to download or view.

The website was developed to allow people to sell digital goods online very quickly using Bitcoins, without needing to host their own website, setup a shopping cart, or process payments manually.

It won't be for everyone, but hopefully covers a certain market niche. Hopefully a few of you find this useful.

Happy to answer any questions, and there is more info available on the site if you take a peek.

Cheers,
Andrew
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitminers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 01:12:24 PM

Hi, that sounds great!

Do you have any listings that you can post? Stuff for sale that is live now?

Thanks!
PlasmaAu (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 11:36:00 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.

Right now since its a new site, there won't be many real products to list yet, but that's a good idea (and one I was considering) but wanted to see the reactions first.

I will probably add it soon then if its something people would be interested in!
silver52961

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 02:54:47 AM

Good idea, thanks!
PlasmaAu (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 04:42:39 AM

I've added a browse products page at http://base2shop.com/browse

There are a few products not listed right now as I don't want to accidently publish those sellers products unless they want to.

I've also added more information on the pricing page, indicating my desire to lower the fees in response to sales volume, meaning you would get more of a return on each purchase after having sold a few products.

I'm basing pricing right now on the estimate that these may be micro-transactions to begin with; and only taking a few percent of $1 USD (for example) will not cover hosting expenses Smiley

It makes sense though to charge less if there are high sales volumes, because then expenses should be covered by then!

Thanks for the comments so far.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:22:51 AM

I've got a product listed http://base2shop.com/buy/ventrilo-25-slots.
Currently talking to OP about suggestions on the site.

Awesome site Cheesy

PlasmaAu (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 01:17:29 AM

I've updated the shop to now let you sell redeemable codes, such as vouchers etc.

This way you can just supply a list of product codes that are purchasable, and the website will divvy them out between paying customers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: