Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:48:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Webmining on Bitcointalk 4 Charity  (Read 174 times)
lockept93 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 12:22:15 PM

What do you think about this. We could gain huge amounts of cryptos and spend them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:18:29 PM

What do you think about this. We could gain huge amounts of cryptos and spend them.

Do you mean adding JavaScript miner like CoinHive to mine Monero with CPU in background? I don't think it's a good idea. I'm not a big fan of these mining scripts and also, Bitcointalk isn't a charity organization.
And it would be difficult to get big amount of coins from webmining. I'm sure that very few people would use it, because there would be no benefit for these people - only more money spent for electricity and 0 profit from mining if everything will go to the charity. And even if many people would use webminer, profit for website owner still would be small.

SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:28:12 PM

it's not worth it at all , directly donating is way better
I know the idea of webmining for charity may sound cool at first , but comparing it with what you will make you will discover that it's worthless
taking direct donations is way better , donating 5 cents is actually better
lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:40:00 AM

it's not worth it at all , directly donating is way better
I know the idea of webmining for charity may sound cool at first , but comparing it with what you will make you will discover that it's worthless
taking direct donations is way better , donating 5 cents is actually better

I don't think it's worthless, i don't now the numbers of visitors and there staying time on this site, but i think there would be a huge value for no efford.
I don't say "no direct donations anymore" or "it's a must for every visitor and member" (options avaible) - i just mean there could be a wa to gather coins and donate them to a good use and also bring something good out of cryptocurrency communities.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:42:17 AM

lockept93, start raising funds for a charity and post the information online.  You will get a lot of people backing you up.

Just make sure you provide all the necessary documentation like charity information.  Otherwise you will be called a scammer.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:16:20 AM

lockept93, start raising funds for a charity and post the information online.  You will get a lot of people backing you up.

Just make sure you provide all the necessary documentation like charity information.  Otherwise you will be called a scammer.

Im not talking about myself, i don't want organize something like that or hold funds... Cheesy

lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:47:41 AM

bump, would love to hear more minds

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:52:24 AM

I wouldn't use bitcointalk if it used my CPU for mining, I leave this tab open for days on end it would work my PC more than I would like
lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 06:46:05 AM

I wouldn't use bitcointalk if it used my CPU for mining, I leave this tab open for days on end it would work my PC more than I would like

Like i said - sure there should be an option to disable.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3388

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:27:19 AM

Personally I'm not against this, as long as it's clearly stated somewhere (regarding the action itself and information of the charity).

If you're implying that only a disable option should be there (meaning by default, mining process happens automatically [with the option to disable it]), then I'll be against it.

In order for this to have any significant outcome or rather a donation for the charity, a lot of users should accept and use it (I can't see this happening, therefore it will be a waste of resources).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:45:25 AM

I use Coinhive on BPIP to "pay" for processive intensive custom information that people want.

Right now you can pay to have your profile updated.  There is not much of a reason to do so now (only the Trust information is unique), but once I add merit stats and figures in, I think people will start wanting their profiles to be up to the second. 

Plus, I am going to offer other services, like a downloadable CSV (or whatever format) of all merit transactions.  The user can request these reports for a small proof of work fee.

As long as you are honest and open with what you are doing, I think people will be tolerant of Coinhive.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:37:32 PM

Personally I'm not against this, as long as it's clearly stated somewhere (regarding the action itself and information of the charity).

If you're implying that only a disable option should be there (meaning by default, mining process happens automatically [with the option to disable it]), then I'll be against it.

In order for this to have any significant outcome or rather a donation for the charity, a lot of users should accept and use it (I can't see this happening, therefore it will be a waste of resources).

It should be automatic disabled for members, with the option to enable it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: