Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:57:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner - Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC  (Read 2345 times)
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:35:22 PM

I am getting really frustrated here with trying to mine with guiminer. Please help me out. Clients I am using > 0.3.24-beta bitcoin client, GUIMiner - v2011-07-01.

I have tried mining Solo using this guide here receiving error communicating with bitcoin RPC.

I have also tired using a server Slush's Pool with a created account and receiving an error during login, new database lookup in "amount of seconds" on the guiminer client.

What am I doing wrong?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pekv2 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:13:22 PM

Alright I got it Solo mining finally. Really don't know why errors were popping up, went through the Solo guide from scratch.

I'm mining @ 304.1 Mhash/s flags set to -v -w128 with a 5830. Cool
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:40:19 PM

I had the exact same issue for the past 4-5 days but turns out to be an over protective firewall/routers.It is better to mine with a guild I find and not bad for a Radeon 5830

kinlo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:46:53 PM

Alright I got it Solo mining finally. Really don't know why errors were popping up, went through the Solo guide from scratch.

Note that with the current difficulty, with 300 Mhash you will need to mine on average more then 6 months before you will get a payout.  You are better of joining a pool, otherwise if you're having a bit of bad luck, you will get nothing!
最爱你是谁

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 03:10:36 PM

maybe you do not have a gpu, so use cpu miner to test
pekv2 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:36:37 PM

I had the exact same issue for the past 4-5 days but turns out to be an over protective firewall/routers.It is better to mine with a guild I find and not bad for a Radeon 5830

Yea, I don't know :/, it just started working. I believe bitcoin was already running,when I clicked run bitcoin client as server. Had to shut bitcoin client down and rerun the entire process.

Note that with the current difficulty, with 300 Mhash you will need to mine on average more then 6 months before you will get a payout.  You are better of joining a pool, otherwise if you're having a bit of bad luck, you will get nothing!

Yea, I immediately stopped solo mining after reading around. What was eating me up is that I created a pool account at  slush's pool, registered my worker, started up the worker and kept getting login errors. Then what I seen for Workers Login was for an example username.username when in fact I was using username for guiminer when I should have been using username.username. So what I was missing was the . and extra username.   Example xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx is proper when I was using one worded username rather two with period between em. This is the far most difficult process I have ever encountered, and no guides tell you to use dual username with period between em. I have folded for years, folding is easy compared to a new user to mining bitcoin.
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 02:45:08 AM

^^^Lol,After just reading this Guiminer started with the same error again,no joke.I was mining for at least a good ~10 hours though what an experience I find.  Tongue

You're definitely right that it is difficult,I find that the most difficult was actually most of the programs recommended coming here only to find the process for posting was difficult.I can only assume that as more people come that the current software and guides will have to mature to suit the masses not just those that are very technical with just Linux,if not market penetration for Bitcoins could become an issue.I think the idea of mining is great but the software has a long way to mature with an easy to understand and functioning GUI based program.

pekv2 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 11:09:24 AM

*snip*

Yea that was the second difficult thing, I know how to operate forums some what well, I registered here frustrated already about the logon error, to find out this forum had no new topic or reply buttons to get help, that topped it off, thinking wtf, need guidance and cannot get it? nearly almost just gave up on all of it until a few hours later after registering, I noticed something about new comers need post in newbie section *facepalm*. I believe the notice should be red bold HUGE letters. But all is well now. I've got my 4 hour of burn time in.

I wonder how many just gave up after coming here, to get help, to find out they missed the noticed and couldn't post in the proper section.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: