Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:34:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: s7 Hash Board Repair Options US?  (Read 160 times)
ruinous (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:50:52 PM

Are there any recommendations on reputable hash board repair in US? I sent one to bitmain warranty in Colorado who said the board was "too degraded" but this was right before their transition to MyRig. The board had just began degraded hashing and I sent it out, got it back and wont hash at all. Now I have another board down.

Currently I have two boards which have 30 asic status as "-" but go to "o" when under clocked from stock 700 frequency significantly but still no hashing.

Appreciate all help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:58:14 PM

At current pricing you cant evne run an s7 for a profit. Paying to fix boards on a machine that mines at a loss makes no sense.

At 10 cent power the s7 loses $4 per month.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
ruinous (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:49:11 PM

Hence why getting repairs done now is/could be opportune if cost is reasonable, obviously this machine is old and now down outside of when I troubleshoot. The risk/reward of mining during bear and holding for bull market holds potential as well, a $4 loss from potential future gains is mute conversation point at least this day/hour/minute.

Minimizing risk though is important but I'm hoping for community support in repair service recommendations.  
fanatic26

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:31:05 PM

Bitmainwarranty (now myrig) is/was the only business repairing hash boards. If you want them repaired now you will have to conscript someone from the forums here most likely. From your description it sounds like your boards are repairable. If they have more life in them underclocked than at the full speed they should be at, it is most likely corrosion on the top left corner of the hashing board, which is what controls voltages to the chips. There are ways to bypass this issue, but I am unaware of any publicly available parts. Bitmain used to have replacement parts for this but they were never made available to the general public. I have pictures elsewhere on the forum of what is needed to repair them but you would have to search for it as I dont recall the thread name.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:39:40 PM

I think i found the thread where you can fix the hashing board for s7 check here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1420909.0
And make sure to read every page because there are some post and images could help you to fix and found what parts should fix or change.
Take note do at your own risk if you are not techy guy better to find some to help you soldering or remove parts from your hashing board to prevent short circuit from the board..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ruinous (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:25:06 PM

Fanatic, I reached out to BW/My Rig seems that with their transition they're not doing any services and just finalizing what their working on, which seems to be just shipping jobs back as "unrepairable". Not 100% certain they will reopen repair services. Appreciate the guidance in where to start diagnosing.

Bitmaxz, thanks I was digging around a lot yesterday when I had time. I appreciate the extra eyes, I hadn't found the thread yet. I'll take a look at the thread to see if there is anything I feel competent enough to attempt related to my board issues.

Wondering if this leaves the US market open for a business opportunity to support services like this?

If those from the community who can confidently diagnose and repair and looking for income maybe post here? I'm sure it's a lot of unwanted attention with all the newness to mining and in general but it would possibly benefit those seeking help and those willing to help and supplement some income.

fanatic26

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:50:05 PM

There are a few people doing boards repairs on the site but im assuming they would focus on the s9 family of miners. I just cant imagine a huge market for old generation tech that cant even break even on residential power prices.

fyoung55

Activity: 277
Merit: 70

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:00:24 AM

Check with lightfoot, I think he might still do s7's.  He offered to fix my s9 when it was down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: