Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:55:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is FastCash4Bitcoins ever coming back?  (Read 1232 times)
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:05:59 PM

@ DeathAndTaxes

Is your company ever planning to make a come back?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:11:37 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 11:41:21 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Yes.  The newly formed subsidiaries which will handle the exchange related business are setup and I finally got bank accounts done properly.  Working capital has been transferred from TC, LLC to the subsidiaries, and we have been doing internal testing of payment processing.  There will be a small private beta launching within a week to ensure we have a smooth (re)launch.  Tentatively I am looking at the new site being open to the public* by September 2nd.  There should be an official update by the company on Monday.  

* With the exception of clients in the states of VA, NY, and CA at this time.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:39:04 PM

Wishing you the Best of Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to you opening soon  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:00:59 PM

Does this have the potential to affect you?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1jwnqq/do_not_order_from_coinabulcom_at_the_moment_the/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:18:01 PM

I don't want to speak bad about other companies however Coinabul's issues don't seem to have effected other merchants even other bitcoin bullion merchants.  The fact that they are not an MSB (FinCEN clearly excludes those who sell goods or services for BTC) and has had a history of delivery problems makes me think there may be more going on there.  I am not sure why they would even notify their bank about Bitcoin they could just use a payment processor like coinbase or bitpay.  

As far as banks disliking MSBs, that portion is correct and they let us known with the banking fees we pay.  At our peak before closing we were paying close to $4,000 a month in banking fees.  One bank (which I will not name to protect the guilty) charged us $120 an hour to review our AML plan .... and took 20 hours (or so they say).  They also require the AML plan to be reviewed annually.  Banks .... what a business.  We have also had banks close our accounts in the past without reason or appeal and I have no doubt it will happen in the future.  Banks aren't required to provide a reason for closing accounts and anything which their models perceive as high risk can result in a closure.  We use multiple banks and try to keep them informed but it is always a risk. 
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 10:36:54 PM

Any thoughts on this recent development?

FinCen Has Ruled That Miners that Convert Their Bitcoins to Money are Transmitters...

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-law-what-us-businesses-need-to-know/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

Any thoughts on this recent development?

FinCen Has Ruled That Miners that Convert Their Bitcoins to Money are Transmitters...

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-law-what-us-businesses-need-to-know/

None of that is particularly new although I am glad Marco Santori did a review.  There are a lot of issues with FinCEN's guidance and especially the miner portion would indicate a complete lack of understanding by FinCEN on how the network operates and how silly their "guidance is".  To illustrate the point FinCEN provides no exemption for a miner exchanging using a registered MSB.  Thus by the (ludacris) letter of FinCEN guidance a miner selling coins on MtGox would still need to register as a MSB even if MtGox was registered as a MSB.  The silliest part is that as a MSB the miner would need to collect and retain KYC information from their client which would be MtGox.  Can you see MtGox sending certified identity documents to every miner who is registered as a MSB.  If the miner registered and then didn't collect identity documentation it would be a violation of the BSA (a criminal offense).

At this point it is just a big ball of stupidity.  FinCEN opened fire with both barrels without aiming.  Still that is the fun of being on the cutting edge of bureaucracy. 
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:27:55 PM

Yes.  The newly formed subsidiaries which will handle the exchange related business are setup and I finally got bank accounts done properly.  Working capital has been transferred from TC, LLC to the subsidiaries, and we have been doing internal testing of payment processing.  There will be a small private beta launching within a week to ensure we have a smooth (re)launch.  Tentatively I am looking at the new site being open to the public* by September 2nd.  There should be an official update by the company on Monday.  

Is that September 2nd plan still valid?

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:54:58 PM

Yes.  The newly formed subsidiaries which will handle the exchange related business are setup and I finally got bank accounts done properly.  Working capital has been transferred from TC, LLC to the subsidiaries, and we have been doing internal testing of payment processing.  There will be a small private beta launching within a week to ensure we have a smooth (re)launch.  Tentatively I am looking at the new site being open to the public* by September 2nd.  There should be an official update by the company on Monday. 

Yes.
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:19:44 PM

Yes.  The newly formed subsidiaries which will handle the exchange related business are setup and I finally got bank accounts done properly.  Working capital has been transferred from TC, LLC to the subsidiaries, and we have been doing internal testing of payment processing.  There will be a small private beta launching within a week to ensure we have a smooth (re)launch.  Tentatively I am looking at the new site being open to the public* by September 2nd.  There should be an official update by the company on Monday. 

Yes.

Out of curiosity, which exchange prices will you be following?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:00:03 PM

Yes.

Out of curiosity, which exchange prices will you be following?

We have always used our own rates that don't necessarily correlate to any particular exchange.  We offer a clients a guaranteed price up front and if they want to sell they transfer the coins to us.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:00:28 PM

With most banks having branches in multiple states, are there restrictions from me opening a Wells Fargo account in, oh say, Nevada with my California address?  [Update: Or is it the address of the customer and not the location of the home branch that determines the state, as far as FastCash4Bitcoins is concerned?]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:54:35 PM

With most banks having branches in multiple states, are there restrictions from me opening a Wells Fargo account in, oh say, Nevada with my California address?  [Update: Or is it the address of the customer and not the location of the home branch that determines the state, as far as FastCash4Bitcoins is concerned?]

As advised by legal counsel, it is the residence of the entities involved in the transaction (North American Cryptographics, LLC & the customer) that is material.
NY11giants

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:05:08 PM

was the relaunch delayed or is there a different URL?
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:09:10 PM

Wondering the same.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:26:37 PM

was the relaunch delayed or is there a different URL?

Wondering the same.

The launch is currently in private beta.  We have encountered some issues in the private beta which need to be resolved before we go public. I also had to take some time off unexpectedly for personal reasons which has slowed progress.  I don't want to provide a date but
a) it will be "soonish"
b) there will be a new url
c) you won't miss it

btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:56:42 PM

Can someone tell me what was this site?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
NY11giants

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:14:52 AM

imho, fastcash was THE best way to quickly and reliably sell bitcoins.  Wire, company check or paypal.  Awesome company.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: