Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:53:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: exercising my free speech  (Read 2670 times)
ronimacarroni (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:50:00 AM

I can't post in the "radical feminism" topic because the OP is a whinny fascist commie weasel who complained to the mods so I wouldn't be able to post.
Well I've just recieved a message stating that I can start a topic if I have a complaint and I'm doing just that.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:01:25 AM

umadbro?
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:36:56 PM

I can't post in the "radical feminism" topic because the OP is a whinny fascist commie weasel who complained to the mods so I wouldn't be able to post.
Well I've just recieved a message stating that I can start a topic if I have a complaint and I'm doing just that.  

The radical feminism movement is a good thing. It points to men the women they should avoid sharing their bed with, the rest of their life.

One night stand is OK though.

:-)
ktttn

Activity: 126

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 03:08:04 AM

umadbro?
Yeah he mad. Also reactionary. Also doesn't know that it's a self moderated topic with his womanbashing nonsense.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 12:16:15 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 12:33:50 PM by Lethn

The radical feminism movement is a good thing. It points to men the women they should avoid sharing their bed with, the rest of their life.

That's actually really true Tongue I always make a mental note when I see some angry woman ranting or if I see a girl RL acting like they do to never ever date them, helps you identify some of the craziest ones.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:38:12 PM

That's actually really true Tongue I always make a mental note when I see some angry woman ranting or if I see a girl RL acting like they do to never ever date them, helps you identify some of the craziest ones.

Do not forget: Until cloning becomes legal, they do not reproduce. Also, lots of women in the radical feminism movement love abortion. If you think long run like in bitcoin-year, they are on a self destructing path of total annihilation.

I am sure the great amazon women existed in the past. Once the men realized to just avoid being kidnapped until those warrior hit the menopause age, it was game over for the great tribe.

When you have a battle plan against Mother Nature (or Daddy Nature), make sure you have all the scientific knowledge to not only create an amazing team but a whole military strategy to win your "war"

Homosexuals, hermaphrodites and anyone feeling to be "in between" the sexes are part of humanity as long as they was a recorded history, but only through radical technology their tribe will grow beyond the same statistical numbers.

In the mid time just enjoy their inspiring writing as they are ephemeral, as always.

ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 03:56:37 PM

Like picking what brand of cereal you want to buy..
Because phallocentrists see women as consumer goods. The ones who know they're being objectified are damaged.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:50:25 PM

LMAO ktttn aren't you the one who made the thread the OP is ranting about? ( I could be wrong because I'm going by memory here ) When it comes to femi-nazi's or wannabe feminists ( I'm not talking about the actual feminist movement here but the made up one ) they are no better than better organised and intelligent gold diggers because they still expect the man to do everything for them except without the perks of being in a relationship.

As far as I'm concerned it's only until they want to actually live on their own independently and be respected as an individual that they're anywhere near a real feminist, when it comes to your version of 'objectifying' that's just sexual attraction to the opposite or same sex and everyone perceives it how they like, not everyone shares the feminist view that it's a bad thing to be considered attractive Cheesy.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:07:46 PM

LMAO ktttn aren't you the one who made the thread the OP is ranting about? ( I could be wrong because I'm going by memory here ) When it comes to femi-nazi's or wannabe feminists ( I'm not talking about the actual feminist movement here but the made up one ) they are no better than better organised and intelligent gold diggers because they still expect the man to do everything for them except without the perks of being in a relationship.

As far as I'm concerned it's only until they want to actually live on their own independently and be respected as an individual that they're anywhere near a real feminist, when it comes to your version of 'objectifying' that's just sexual attraction to the opposite or same sex and everyone perceives it how they like.

Agreed; only by throwing away preconceptions and accepting the idea that one is not a gender, but a human with a gender, does the person understand equality; what does sex matter?--it often doesn't, outside the very specific roles hardcoded into each, being, men impregnate, women carry.  By accepting that one is not a person first, but a gender, or an age, or a color, do they become the preconception they're designed by the same preconception to hate.

If you want to be treated as a woman, so you should be, and you will receive just treatment; if you wanted to be treated as a man, so you should be, and you will receive just treatment; but if you want to be treated as a person, so you should be, and you will receive just treatment.  It can't be both ways; a person can not be both equal and unequal on a whim; you either believe yourself first a human being, amongst your fellow human beings, or you do not.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:19:12 PM

Because phallocentrists see women as consumer goods. The ones who know they're being objectified are damaged.

It is more like picking up vegetables at the supermarket: people always avoid the "damage" ones. Is this fair? And not all vegetables or fruits look like phallic objects either.
Then a war like event happens and it will be perfectly OK to fight that rotten tomato from the canines of that giant subway rat because you'll need to feed yourself. This is how we are wired and many experiments are showing us just that on many levels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyI77Yh1Gg
Social re engineering on a massive level could change that, maybe.

You and I belong to the top predator's club on this planet. When things get tough you will make a choice between going on living or not. When your survival instinct will kick in you'll realized how close you are to those "phallocentrists".

In the mid time, we have both electricity and access to the internet and both living in a war free zone (Detroit, Chicago, Zetas Cartel controlled Mexican cities excepted.)
ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:57:32 PM

As far as I'm concerned it's only until they want to actually live on their own independently and be respected as an individual that they're anywhere near a real feminist, when it comes to your version of 'objectifying' that's just sexual attraction to the opposite or same sex and everyone perceives it how they like, not everyone shares the feminist view that it's a bad thing to be considered attractive Cheesy.

I expect nothing out of men.
I avoid them when I can because it's obviously too much to ask for men to not consider women to be objects to be dated and judged.
To be considered attractive is fine until the person considering you attractive has harmful intentions, which is more often than not, believe it or not.
Now, when it comes to harm- a man might consider that a perk.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:59:03 PM

It is more like picking up vegetables at the supermarket: people always avoid the "damage" ones. Is this fair? And not all vegetables or fruits look like phallic objects either.
Then a war like event happens and it will be perfectly OK to fight that rotten tomato from the canines of that giant subway rat because you'll need to feed yourself. This is how we are wired and many experiments are showing us just that on many levels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyI77Yh1Gg
Social re engineering on a massive level could change that, maybe.

You and I belong to the top predator's club on this planet. When things get tough you will make a choice between going on living or not. When your survival instinct will kick in you'll realized how close you are to those "phallocentrists".

In the mid time, we have both electricity and access to the internet and both living in a war free zone (Detroit, Chicago, Zetas Cartel controlled Mexican cities excepted.)

You just called yourself a predator, and likened human beings to produce.
This speaks volumes.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
btc4ever

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:11:27 PM

Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters

by Helen Smith

http://amzn.com/1594036756

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 11:29:19 PM

I avoid them when I can because it's obviously too much to ask for men to not consider women to be objects to be dated and judged.
To be considered attractive is fine until the person considering you attractive has harmful intentions, which is more often than not, believe it or not.

Haven't you ever considered it arrogant to think 'men' consider women to be objects? You're actually glorifying with an excessive amount of drama how attractive you are and as I said before, no matter physical appearance in regards to uptight arrogant feminists I don't think I could ever bring myself to go out with them and this is why Cheesy.
ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 11:37:35 PM

Haven't you ever considered it arrogant to think 'men' consider women to be objects? You're actually glorifying with an excessive amount of drama how attractive you are and as I said before, no matter physical appearance in regards to uptight arrogant feminists I don't think I could ever bring myself to go out with them and this is why Cheesy.
To 'go out with' is a rubric of value. Framing a person's whole value in these terms is belittling and you know it.
An object has no will and no license, and is subject to the value judgements of (again, for lack of a better word) men.
There's another way to put this: If your prime concern with women is whether you'd go out with them, you are not concerned with what they think, rendering them objectified. One may not be focusing on objectifying someone, but when one thinks of someone as existing wholly inside their frame of reference it limits the person being thought of.
To go out with and to inflict harm upon often overlap, don't you agree?
I suppose often is up for debate, then. I'd argue that often is putting it lightly, considering the global ethics at play today.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 12:37:13 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2013, 01:40:52 AM by Lethn

You must have had some really bad experiences with men to come up with such fucked up conclusions about them Cheesy and I don't agree with a thing you're saying, your basically like all the other people who live in their own world and won't ever accept that someone has a different viewpoint to them.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:11:26 AM

I feel sad for this person. I am not qualified to say anything to (her) as I am a man I guess. I just hope whoever made this person the way (she) is is paying dearly: jail or under a bus, etc.

This link will be helpful.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/index.html#index

Description of Fallacies

In order to understand what a fallacy is, one must understand what an argument is. Very briefly, an argument consists of one or more premises and one conclusion. A premise is a statement (a sentence that is either true or false) that is offered in support of the claim being made, which is the conclusion (which is also a sentence that is either true or false).

There are two main types of arguments: deductive and inductive. A deductive argument is an argument such that the premises provide (or appear to provide) complete support for the conclusion. An inductive argument is an argument such that the premises provide (or appear to provide) some degree of support (but less than complete support) for the conclusion. If the premises actually provide the required degree of support for the conclusion, then the argument is a good one. A good deductive argument is known as a valid argument and is such that if all its premises are true, then its conclusion must be true. If all the argument is valid and actually has all true premises, then it is known as a sound argument. If it is invalid or has one or more false premises, it will be unsound. A good inductive argument is known as a strong (or "cogent") inductive argument. It is such that if the premises are true, the conclusion is likely to be true.

A fallacy is, very generally, an error in reasoning. This differs from a factual error, which is simply being wrong about the facts. To be more specific, a fallacy is an "argument" in which the premises given for the conclusion do not provide the needed degree of support. A deductive fallacy is a deductive argument that is invalid (it is such that it could have all true premises and still have a false conclusion). An inductive fallacy is less formal than a deductive fallacy. They are simply "arguments" which appear to be inductive arguments, but the premises do not provided enough support for the conclusion. In such cases, even if the premises were true, the conclusion would not be more likely to be true.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 08:25:14 PM

I feel sad for this person. I am not qualified to say anything to (her) as I am a man I guess. I just hope whoever made this person the way (she) is is paying dearly: jail or under a bus, etc.

Description of Fallacies

In order to understand what a fallacy is, one must understand what an argument is. Very briefly, an argument consists of one or more premises and one conclusion. A premise is a statement (a sentence that is either true or false) that is offered in support of the claim being made, which is the conclusion (which is also a sentence that is either true or false).

There are two main types of arguments: deductive and inductive. A deductive argument is an argument such that the premises provide (or appear to provide) complete support for the conclusion. An inductive argument is an argument such that the premises provide (or appear to provide) some degree of support (but less than complete support) for the conclusion. If the premises actually provide the required degree of support for the conclusion, then the argument is a good one. A good deductive argument is known as a valid argument and is such that if all its premises are true, then its conclusion must be true. If all the argument is valid and actually has all true premises, then it is known as a sound argument. If it is invalid or has one or more false premises, it will be unsound. A good inductive argument is known as a strong (or "cogent") inductive argument. It is such that if the premises are true, the conclusion is likely to be true.

A fallacy is, very generally, an error in reasoning. This differs from a factual error, which is simply being wrong about the facts. To be more specific, a fallacy is an "argument" in which the premises given for the conclusion do not provide the needed degree of support. A deductive fallacy is a deductive argument that is invalid (it is such that it could have all true premises and still have a false conclusion). An inductive fallacy is less formal than a deductive fallacy. They are simply "arguments" which appear to be inductive arguments, but the premises do not provided enough support for the conclusion. In such cases, even if the premises were true, the conclusion would not be more likely to be true.

Too bad all of us can't take the role of victim and have everyone around us be extra sensitive to our needs while we ignore the needs of others. Surely I see people of all genders, colors, and sexualities really being made victims all the time by other people of all genders, colors, and sexualities. Most people find a way to cope, or or get help from others around them if they are lucky. Some people will never heal. Some people CHOOSE to remain a victim. By choosing to remain a victim you are stealing support from actual victims who need it. This former category is often nothing more than a form of sociopathy designed to provide a veil of justness over ones own actions of systematic manipulation, abuse, and squandering of people's precious time, energy, and emotional well being.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:15:27 PM

Description of Fallacies

Too bad all of us can't take the role of victim and have everyone around us be extra sensitive to our needs while we ignore the needs of others. Surely I see people of all genders, colors, and sexualities really being made victims all the time by other people of all genders, colors, and sexualities. Most people find a way to cope, or or get help from others around them if they are lucky. Some people will never heal. Some people CHOOSE to remain a victim. By choosing to remain a victim you are stealing support from actual victims who need it. This former category is often nothing more than a form of sociopathy designed to provide a veil of justness over ones own actions of systematic manipulation, abuse, and squandering of people's precious time, energy, and emotional well being.

Being a life long professional victim is addicting. That is why a lot of them end up running for government as sociopath in chief.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:51:47 AM

Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters

by Helen Smith

http://amzn.com/1594036756

This book looks interesting.  I will have to check it out.

I have been thinking that the women's lib movement has been detrimental to society in many ways.  As a woman it sometimes feels like now we are not only supposed to be responsible (for the most part) of child rearing and home-making but also be a breadwinner too. That is really quite impossible to do well, I believe.  Usually something suffers. Having married a man (happily for 20 years now) I learned early on that my husband's priorities were not the house, cooking, cleaning etc.  That was just how he was wired.  I could try to change him or just be content with what a great guy he was in all other areas.  I grew up with the example of a mom that was a "Super mom".  She was the primary bread-winner in our household.  She worked tirelessly and I was often put to the side because of that.  I did not want my children to suffer or feel neglected so I made an effort to make them, and my husband a priority.  That meant giving up some of my career aspirations and focusing my attention on more domestic things.  It is rather hard because now society make me feel a bit guilty for not buying into the working woman, women's lib movement.  But I have a happy marriage, relatively happy kids and I think that is in part to the fact my husband gets some self-esteem by being the provider and I bring him satisfaction by taking care of the mundane things he really (as a very smart guy) just does not care about that much, such as shopping, cooking cleaning etc.  It works for us anyways.  Although I think it is OK for a woman to work if she chooses to, but I really think it is not often the best choice and emasculates the man's role in the family.  Just my thoughts.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:30:24 PM

Description of Fallacies

Do you see the possible gains in recognizing the general current in systems of oppression, or would you rather just pretend it's an even playing field with no regard to privileges?
Seems like you're eager to place blame on the oppressed's resulting neurotic behaviors.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:42:09 PM

You're actually glorifying with an excessive amount of drama how attractive you are

OP is actually a guy, so....

Though admittedly he's kinda got that Justin Bieber ambivalency thing going on. I hear the very young people are attracted to that.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:50:35 PM

Description of Fallacies

Do you see the possible gains in recognizing the general current in systems of oppression, or would you rather just pretend it's an even playing field with no regard to privileges?
Seems like you're eager to place blame on the oppressed's resulting neurotic behaviors.

I certainly do believe current systems of oppression need to be exposed. Currently whether you understand it or not you are being used as a tool of oppression as well. You do not seek to improve the world around you by contributing to it, you merely seek to receive personal satisfaction of catharsis via spewing hatred about half of all of humanity and suppressing viewpoints you do not agree with.  This is not productive, and is little more than personal justification to perpetrate the same abuses onto others as you claim were perpetrated upon you, only in a polar opposite fashion. That is not progress, that is repetition of a failed system of oppression you claim to reject.

I am quoting my removed text from your thread since you have no arguments which can withstand scrutiny of free speech, which is why you removed it rather then replied to it.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

because no woman has ever raped a man right?

i had an asshole female boss once. i assumed she was feminist because she was always nice to the female employees. that didn't make me hate all females though.

i believe many feminists nowadays are just misandrysts (man haters) and it really undermines the feminist movement.  i believe if a woman is for equality, then feminism is not necessary. if a guy is an asshole to you, don't pigeonhole all men as misogynists, because theres assholes in both sexes.

i know in some countries such as in the middle east, women are still very oppressed, and feminism is needed in those places. but in america, for a feminist 
to say that "its a mans world" feels insulting. example: americas family courts are totally biased in the woman's favor as the mother usually gets custody or most custody of a child.
women also are able to get away with a lot more; maybe sweet talk their way out of a speeding ticket, etc.  Guys- when was the last time a woman bought you a beer at the bar?

i dont condone violence, but if women want to be treated the same as men, does that mean a man can get into a fist fight with a woman without impunity?

Men get raped, and women can do it. It's missing the point however to make rules based on exceptions. To focus on this is to lose focus on the worldwide (including the first world) nature of rape, which is men raping women.
Misandry is a cop out word with no real meaning when considering currents of sociological practice.
Whether you're in the middle east or not, women are at a disadvantage- often being seen as your most american of consumer goods and nothing more, whether subconsciously or explicitly.
Child custody hearing statistics are irrelevent when you consider that men often feel that children are women's problem. I say good riddance to fathers.

In what ethical reality would anyone punch anyone with impunity? How is this a rubric fro equality? Why is equality even valuable?

It seems to me that "feminists" such of yourself are so self centered that you completely lose your frame of reference for yourself and the world, and pay no attention to the harm you cause to men and women, and so casually dismiss it. Misandry is a real problem that men often pay for with their lives. The fact that you are so sexist to dismiss the issue as a whole as being a "cop out" is just a tactic to make sure that men are only seen as victimizers, and never the victim in need of help, or even a helpful person. Your speech is full of nothing but misdirected hatred and discrimination and it is quite repulsive. In my opinion you have issues with your own sexuality and are projecting your dissonance on everything that is male. I think you should work on your personal issues before you advise other people how to behave and what to believe. Men are humans and deserve rights regardless of your total disdain for half of humanity.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 11:37:31 PM

Free Speech only applies vs the government, not on private BBS.

This is a privately owned public forum. Additionally I would feel comfortable saying this community largely opposes censorship.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 05:08:15 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/1mm4wh/my_teacher_called_me_out_in_front_of_the_class/

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 12:08:59 PM

You're actually glorifying with an excessive amount of drama how attractive you are

Though admittedly he's kinda got that Justin Bieber ambivalency thing going on. I hear the very young people are attracted to that.

Holy shit, a male feminist? >_< I stand corrected then he's glorifying how attractive women are and being melodramatic about it all we need now is for people to start supporting the idea of overthrowing a government and establishing a matriarchy.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:56:08 PM

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Just let this thread die please. Ktttn is very obviously broken.

Just because some one broke you doesn't give you the right to go around trying to break everyone else.
randomcloud

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:42:18 PM

Honestly all of the snide woman-bashing in this thread makes me not want to listen to anti-feminists. At all. I wonder how many women dumped you all before you got all bitter. :/  Now let's watch you all whine and cry about feminist hypocrisy while you spend the better part of this thread making fun of and ganging up on any woman who cares about women's issues by calling them man-hating hairy-legged ivory-tower hormone-raging feminist psychos who are completely disconnected from reality. Cheesy

I will give you all this much, though: threads like this are a good way to know who to stay the hell away from. :/

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 04:01:37 PM

lol Randomcloud for the record it should be pretty obvious that I'm for actual women's rights ( not the phony bullshit ktttn and their like make up ), but the problem is that there are people like ktttn who hijack all the pressure groups out there ( not just women's rights groups ) and don't actually talk about equal rights but special treatment and that's where you toe the line of actually wanting to be treated equal and just using mob tactics to get what they want under the guise of equal rights.

For instance, here in the UK we do actually have a real problem with unions, I used to respect them because like with women's groups they fought for equal rights, but now I see teachers who do a shitty job of educating children ( I know because I was in that system ) and actually having the balls to complain about their pensions. I think it's all a load of bullshit really and people should be ashamed of themselves rather than trying to lecture the people who argue with them about how much better they are than the other lot which is all these arguments amount to in the end.
ronimacarroni (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:15:43 PM

Honestly all of the snide woman-bashing in this thread makes me not want to listen to anti-feminists. At all. I wonder how many women dumped you all before you got all bitter. :/  Now let's watch you all whine and cry about feminist hypocrisy while you spend the better part of this thread making fun of and ganging up on any woman who cares about women's issues by calling them man-hating hairy-legged ivory-tower hormone-raging feminist psychos who are completely disconnected from reality. Cheesy

I will give you all this much, though: threads like this are a good way to know who to stay the hell away from. :/

So you're saying they're not man-hating hairy-legged ivory-tower hormone-ranging feminist psychos?
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 06:20:07 PM

No Cheesy I'm just saying they're man-hating feminist psycho's Tongue actually, that's not right either, they're not even really feminist, they just hate men, so really they're just self-righteous sexists, I think calling these people feminists is giving them far more credit than they deserve.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:13:19 AM

Additionally this is more men are only perpetrators women are only victims bullshit. Both men and women are victims and perpetrators. This "woman" we are "bashing" Is neither a woman, nor is anyone being bashed. What is happening is a bigoted supremacist is being called on his hatred and bias.
ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 02:03:13 PM

Holy shit, a male feminist? >_< I stand corrected then he's glorifying how attractive women are and being melodramatic about it all we need now is for people to start supporting the idea of overthrowing a government and establishing a matriarchy.
Matriarchy. Hm. Seems like a stupid idea thought up by insecure men to make themselves feel like they have something to defend against. Also, it says clear as a bell in my profile that I'm female. Your independent research as to the Y contents of my genes doesn't match up to that.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 02:05:25 PM

Additionally this is more men are only perpetrators women are only victims bullshit. Both men and women are victims and perpetrators. This "woman" we are "bashing" Is neither a woman, nor is anyone being bashed. What is happening is a bigoted supremacist is being called on his hatred and bias.
Pronouns can be used as a weapon. This is a case of such a thing. My hatred and bias is nothing in comparison to antifeminists, or as y'all prefer to be called antimisandrists- or whatever convoluted crap can be come up with to run away from and distort feminism.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 02:07:07 PM

Thanks, friend. I'd like to see you in the Radical Feminist thread. Perhaps you're clear-headed enough to show me the "man hating" error of my ways. These jokers certainly aren't.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 02:12:39 PM

Description of Fallacies

I certainly do believe current systems of oppression need to be exposed. Currently whether you understand it or not you are being used as a tool of oppression as well. You do not seek to improve the world around you by contributing to it, you merely seek to receive personal satisfaction of catharsis via spewing hatred about half of all of humanity and suppressing viewpoints you do not agree with.  This is not productive, and is little more than personal justification to perpetrate the same abuses onto others as you claim were perpetrated upon you, only in a polar opposite fashion. That is not progress, that is repetition of a failed system of oppression you claim to reject.

I am quoting my removed text from your thread since you have no arguments which can withstand scrutiny of free speech, which is why you removed it rather then replied to it.

i had an asshole female boss once. i assumed she was feminist because she was always nice to the female employees. that didn't make me hate all females though.

i believe many feminists nowadays are just misandrysts (man haters) and it really undermines the feminist movement.  i believe if a woman is for equality, then feminism is not necessary. if a guy is an asshole to you, don't pigeonhole all men as misogynists, because theres assholes in both sexes.

i know in some countries such as in the middle east, women are still very oppressed, and feminism is needed in those places. but in america, for a feminist 
to say that "its a mans world" feels insulting. example: americas family courts are totally biased in the woman's favor as the mother usually gets custody or most custody of a child.
women also are able to get away with a lot more; maybe sweet talk their way out of a speeding ticket, etc.  Guys- when was the last time a woman bought you a beer at the bar?

i dont condone violence, but if women want to be treated the same as men, does that mean a man can get into a fist fight with a woman without impunity?

Men get raped, and women can do it. It's missing the point however to make rules based on exceptions. To focus on this is to lose focus on the worldwide (including the first world) nature of rape, which is men raping women.
Misandry is a cop out word with no real meaning when considering currents of sociological practice.
Whether you're in the middle east or not, women are at a disadvantage- often being seen as your most american of consumer goods and nothing more, whether subconsciously or explicitly.
Child custody hearing statistics are irrelevent when you consider that men often feel that children are women's problem. I say good riddance to fathers.

In what ethical reality would anyone punch anyone with impunity? How is this a rubric fro equality? Why is equality even valuable?

It seems to me that "feminists" such of yourself are so self centered that you completely lose your frame of reference for yourself and the world, and pay no attention to the harm you cause to men and women, and so casually dismiss it. Misandry is a real problem that men often pay for with their lives. The fact that you are so sexist to dismiss the issue as a whole as being a "cop out" is just a tactic to make sure that men are only seen as victimizers, and never the victim in need of help, or even a helpful person. Your speech is full of nothing but misdirected hatred and discrimination and it is quite repulsive. In my opinion you have issues with your own sexuality and are projecting your dissonance on everything that is male. I think you should work on your personal issues before you advise other people how to behave and what to believe. Men are humans and deserve rights regardless of your total disdain for half of humanity.
Is quoting in an approving posthumanist tone "The SCUM Manifesto" honestly a good enough reason for you to unleas a tirade including "total disdain for half of humanity"? See, the Phrase "Misandry is a real problem that men often pay for with their lives." should be re written to say "Misandry is a real problem that men VERY SELDOM pay for with their lives." Qualified by the statement that Patriarchy is a real problem that women constantly pay for with their lives. Because we do.
Also, the fact that I identify as female is none of your business. I identify as a woman because I am a woman. That I do not fit your definition is a problem with your definition.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 06:19:14 PM

Description of Fallacies

Is quoting in an approving posthumanist tone "The SCUM Manifesto" honestly a good enough reason for you to unleas a tirade including "total disdain for half of humanity"? See, the Phrase "Misandry is a real problem that men often pay for with their lives." should be re written to say "Misandry is a real problem that men VERY SELDOM pay for with their lives." Qualified by the statement that Patriarchy is a real problem that women constantly pay for with their lives. Because we do.
Also, the fact that I identify as female is none of your business. I identify as a woman because I am a woman. That I do not fit your definition is a problem with your definition.

I see a reason. The reason is you are perpetrating the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR against males as a group which you claim to hate when perpetrated against women. This is not progress, this is repetition of the same cycle of hatred you claim to fight. You aren't stopping this kind of behavior, you are PERPETRATING IT. Just because it is perpetrated against males rather than females does not make it more evolved or a solution to the problem of humans oppressing other humans.  It doesn't matter what gender you are, we are ALL OPPRESSED except for a small handful of people holding the resources. Just because the oppression takes many different forms doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it is less difficult, or that only one sex oppresses the other. This is bullshit, and you are being used as a tool of further oppression and supporting division rather than unity, in stead of trying to heal this rift.  Its done via gender, age, race, religion, politics, class, etc.... Divide and conquer. 

As far as your personal situation, I don't really care what you identify yourself as. It really doesn't effect me in any way, and you should be free to live your life however it best pleases you. What does matter however, is that you claim authority to make these arguments as a woman, but in reality most of the world does not share the definition as you see it. You can't fight for the right to have your own definitions, then tell the rest of the world they can't have their own. You are free to identify yourself however you like, you are not free to dictate your personal definitions and beliefs be held by the rest of the world.
randomcloud

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:56:26 AM

lol Randomcloud for the record it should be pretty obvious that I'm for actual women's rights ( not the phony bullshit ktttn and their like make up ), but the problem is that there are people like ktttn who hijack all the pressure groups out there ( not just women's rights groups ) and don't actually talk about equal rights but special treatment and that's where you toe the line of actually wanting to be treated equal and just using mob tactics to get what they want under the guise of equal rights.

I can kind of give you that much; I don't know that much about the feminist movement but I do know that it was hijacked by conservative women in the late 20th century who exploited it to promote religious Puritanical bullshit like the anti-porn stuff and the general rejection of the feminine. That bothers the hell out of me.

I call bullshit on these "Women are just using feminisim to manipulate men into giving them what they want!" claims. It comes off as dubious ad-hom bullshit mysoginistic bitter men use to smear women because of their myriad of issues with them -- these men face social pressure from their peers to successfully bed as many women as possible and when they are rejected, they feel rage, frustration, resentment and feelings of inferiority because they can't fulfill the strict and demanding roles imposed on them by society. They feel as though the world is out to get them because of this and they feel victimized; they turn this anger inward and then onto the very women they tried and failed to court.

And ultimately whether those so-called "oppressive feminists" are doing that is irrelevant because it's a pointless ad-hom attack that's taking away time, energy, and resources for what's really important -- the terrible things that happen to both men and women largely because of the gender roles, stereotypes, and beliefs imposed onto everyone by the culture.

For instance, here in the UK we do actually have a real problem with unions, I used to respect them because like with women's groups they fought for equal rights, but now I see teachers who do a shitty job of educating children ( I know because I was in that system ) and actually having the balls to complain about their pensions. I think it's all a load of bullshit really and people should be ashamed of themselves rather than trying to lecture the people who argue with them about how much better they are than the other lot which is all these arguments amount to in the end.

I don't know anything about the UK educational system so I won't remark on that. I do agree with your last statement which is why I spoke up.

You'd think the clowns making fun of ktttn would try to do that if they were so morally correct, but instead of proving that they've moved beyond all that and that they're better than the "oppressive feminists" they choose to deride, they're doing what most mysoginists do -- gang up on poor deluded fuckwits like ktttn and circlejerk each other, reaffirming how correct they are and never allowing their own deluded mindsets to be challenged.

Just ignore people like ktttn, people like her are so far divorced from everyday reality they're beyond the horizon and fading fast. And so are the clowns in this room bullying her, ignore them too and stop being one yourself.

*will wait until everyone stops being a fucking retard and will then be happy to actually talk about gender issues*
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 03:34:31 PM

Just because someone reacts as if they are being bullied because they don't like to be challenged, does not make it bullying. Where is all of this "bullying" and "woman bashing" please quote. I saw a couple people make some distasteful comments, but by far nothing worse or more sexist than what has come from kttn. If you go around abusing people would you not at the very least expect a vigorous response? Reviewing the posts it seems to me that most of the comments are firmly targeted at kttn's logic and ideology, and I don't see anyone claiming moral superiority (other than kttn).

Should men now let women or for that matter other men simply take the pattern of abuse and dominance and simply reverse the rolls, once again until it is intolerable and repeat a painful pattern of very real destruction and revolution? Men are raising their voices not because of arrogant and egotistical claims of rejection from women, but because there are lots of men out there who fight for equality, but are being punished because of this desire for catharsis and revenge thru role reversal, rather than resolving the pattern of abuse. Frankly good men are tired of paying for the mistakes of others, and remaining silent while men in general are being pigeonholed into a place of subservience and abuse is not an option.
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:47:29 PM

Feminism isn't about equality.

It's about pushing down men as far as you can to make up for all the years women were pushed down.

Basically, bullshit.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: