Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:50:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2843 times)
Canis Majoris

Activity: 126
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:32:19 PM

Regulation follows centralization which antagonizes the nature and ethics of Bitcoin operation. For Bitcoin to be regulated, it must have to be controlled which is impracticable. Peradventure, regulation protects any form of transaction, association, economy, commodities, services and so on. What I think can happen is Support and not regulation. By its support from Government, policies and various sanctions can be set in place to cub, checkmate and reprimand the scammers, Hijackers and the rest of them.

That's not true at all. It can be regulated without being controlled. The SEC regulates all companies that sell their securities to the public, but the SEC doesn't control any of them. That's just one example of how regulation doesn't necessitate control. As it relates to Bitcoin, there is already regulation. New York has the Bitlicense for any company dealing in crypto in the state of New York, and it doesn't require any control over Bitcoin or blockchain at all. The fact that it was happening already and you seemingly didn't know about it shows how regulation and control of Bitcoin aren't related at all.

I think there is a subtle difference between regulation and control. I agree with you that the SEC doesn't control the companies which issue securities and sell them to the public. But the SEC controls the market where these securities are being sold. In this manner, regulation comes about as a desirable and intended side effect of control over something else. On a more practical note though, if this commission changed their attitude toward stricter regulations, that would make lives of these companies heavier, up to a point where they would be cut off from the money of the crowd. Thus, while regulation doesn't mean control, it still weighs a lot in a practical sense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eia Eia Alala

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:00:38 PM

Well, there is a problem: crypto world is already self regulated by an open source software; se there is no need for external interferences.
Is something can be improved, made changes in the software.
Farvin2

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:44:31 AM

Regulations are needed to limit the scammers and hacker, they are spreading continuously, especially in the crpyto world because of my money here. Even cryptocurrencies are made to be decentralized, I think it is still a must to have regulations for it.
fot99961

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:50:19 AM

At present, countries are learning digital currencies and formulating regulations for supervision.
munir15

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:40:28 AM

Yes we need regulations.. regulations that our government bulit. But first we must know the process ,/ assesing then later on the conclusion turn into regulations .. regulations is important especially to us people of our country , having disciplined act and support each other..
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:49:00 AM

Yes to make everything in an orderly manner and to avoid trouble that might come if there's no regulations or no rulings at all. There should be somebody that will regulate and impose regulations that should be followed by everybody to have a smooth sailing journey. Regulations that will limit somebody who have bad intentions and to make the users responsible in their doings and acts. Like in a business there is always a manager that will help run the business successfully because of the rules and regulations that is being imposed.
bitcoinFPT

Activity: 145
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:51:50 AM

in my opinion we need regulation because bitcoin need public trust. when bitcoin have some form of insurance for theft, loss, or wallet issues, the level of community trust will increase, creating a solid and sustainable development
gargavaar

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:08:07 AM

At present, countries are learning digital currencies and formulating regulations for supervision.
As far as I know, there are only three countries with regulations, Estonia, Switzerland and Belarus. Estonia seems to have the most success of these three so I suspect we'll see regulations modeled to look like theirs.
Simon Eaton

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:12:12 AM

Sometimes it's better to rip the plaster off quickly and just deal with the pain. That's how I feel at the moment regarding the situation in cryptocurrency. All of this back and forth coming to no conclusions is detrimental to cryptocurrency. I think we should get it over and done with. Obviously I know it isn't a case of just implementing it but I just don't see any real progress on the regulation front, just allot of conflicting opinions
The Lone Predator

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:33:38 PM

When governments talk about "regulations" the only intention is to control and to tax.
So, I think it's better to avoid any kind of interference by authority, and to keep until it will be possible our anonymity.
It's not too difficult.
Rrotess

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:39:00 PM

Every now and then we need always a regulations in order to have a proper process or anything else because regulation intends to regulate what people are allowed to do, and I think that in crypto world we need a regulation to have a clearer transactions for all.
Yes youre right in the process of regulation the responsibility of a person, we maintain the right conduct of forum activities by pointing the best possible happened by follo2ing the rules and regulation.
Derbi Fransisco

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:00:38 PM

I prefer to live by the rules, without our rules like free radicals, who move, work, do as they please harm others. And there will be a tremendous clash. And back to the question "DO WE REQUEST RULE" And my answer is; YES desperately needed strict rules.
kiplingcoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:16:23 PM

Every now and then we need always a regulations in order to have a proper process or anything else because regulation intends to regulate what people are allowed to do, and I think that in crypto world we need a regulation to have a clearer transactions for all.
Yes youre right in the process of regulation the responsibility of a person, we maintain the right conduct of forum activities by pointing the best possible happened by follo2ing the rules and regulation.
In every kinds of transaction there is regulation to obtain peaceful and right doing. It is our responsibility to conduct good manners in this forum and to be a professional everything. Without regulation it is useless because people can harm through words by others .
CongHoan

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:34:14 PM

when buy ICO and the campain fail  pay money back  Cheesy
racham02

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:51:09 PM

yes of course we really need regulation when it comes to cryptocurrency to prevent scammers and illegal activities, and protect our transactions time to time, because there are many people today who are not trustworthy and have no good manners.

mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:57:41 PM

The bitcoin protocol itself cannot be modified, unless almost all users work together to choose which software to use. It is unrealistic to try to grant special rights to a regional governing body in the global bitcoin network. Any rich organization can choose to invest in mining hardware to control half of the computing power of the entire network, thus achieving a freeze and revocation of recent transactions. However, they cannot guarantee that they will always have this ability, because the investment needs to be equal to the rest of the world's miners.

It's actually not hard to alter the protocol, anyone can split off a fork for any reason very easily, and this has been done dozens of times. The difficult part is getting anyone else to use the forked chain and protocol or acknowledging it as the real Bitcoin. I think we've probably seen enough at this point to probably expect that consensus is pretty much impossible. For any major change, there's always going to be some percentage of the users who are against change, and a competing faction that insists either the pre-fork or post-fork is the true Bitcoin while the other side are heretics. You saw this happen with Bitcoin Cash. Both sides claiming they're the "true" Bitcoin. For a decentralized ledger that is controlled by the masses, I guess the only real Bitcoin is what the most people claim it to be. It's all arbitrary, and could change at any time.

But this has nothing to do with regulation. You don't need to control Bitcoin to regulate it.
I think this is just shutting out the competition and imposing more tax from the people,how can the government protect you from these scams,will they go after them or will they restrict you from investing in those,if you think something is shady ,you better not invest in that and you do not need a government to restrict you from doing things.
Royal Script

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:00:04 PM

If regulation is the only way to stop or deter people to do shady activities then so be it. There are lots of investors who got victimized by scam ICOs and they all left together with the money from investors.
xxlouisxx

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:08:05 PM

Of course. Actually market is very free, but I agree with that we need regulations related to ico. Regulations are established to prevent or keep safe secrets and help from being abused. I think such regulations will have a good effect on the market in the long term.
cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:25:37 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.

I Iike your idea, this will somehow limit the possible abuses that may arise. We really need this regulations especially there are many selfish people out there or projects out there that victimized many people. They fool everyone even those campaign managers.
I think this should be implemented for it will be useful in a long run, for the future generations.
Hopernumbs

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:35:53 PM

I don't think we need it. because either way its going to get a blow by fiats after some years
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: