Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:05:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2842 times)
pogiparin

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:08:28 PM

It is highly recommended to have regulations to make sure that the prices will be stabilized. The recent drop in bitcoin prices is alarming. From around 13k per bitcoin is now around 8k per bitcoin. This is partly due to the absent of a central bank that will make sure the prices are staying at the market price.

|█     |     DPH     |     D I G I P H A R M     |     █|
HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS
╚════════   WWW.DIGIPHARM.CH   ════════╝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tlustoprd

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 12:16:16 PM

Yes. We need as many regulations as we can get... so that eventually cryptocurrencies become illegal, thus create a new, parallel economy... and eventually overthrow the original one.
Do I understand you correctly? You want them to BAN crpytocurrencies and only then the parallel econony will emerge? This scenario is crazy and very unlikely. If they ban crypto, 99% of people will jump off the train and people who will remain will not be able to create parallel economy. Cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology needs to work in hand with the classical economy.

Not if we get enough people to rebel against the oppressive reins of world governments. Viva la revolución!
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:17:25 PM

I am very much in favour of a regulatory framework for ICOs particularly, as I am tired of people getting away with scams. I would not like a fraework that hinders development though.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

I'm not in favor of regulations but if this is the right way to prevent people from becoming a victim of cryptocurrency frauds, manipulations and other illegal online activities I will give my full support on it. Our securities and exchanges commission here had already rejected recently a team's application for their Initial Coin Offering.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
Cointertrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:51:39 PM

Every now and then we need always a regulations in order to have a proper process or anything else because regulation intends to regulate what people are allowed to do, and I think that in crypto world we need a regulation to have a clearer transactions for all.
in our society, we need to impose such rules and regulations.  It limits how person will make things in a moderate manners. It says that in this kind of social imposing it give us to be a good follower of our nation or state. Through this we should do such things in wrong or right decision.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1458

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 12:57:24 PM

Yes, we need regulations but I think most of us would prefer somewhat loose regulations, whereas probably politicians will pass very strict ones. They can’t do much to control users making p2p transactions but they can do a lot to control exchanges and that can have a great impact on the market, as we have recently seen.

The alternative to regulations is bans, as bitcoin and cryptos have become too big to be ignored.

Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:08:27 PM

Yes of course, we need regulations in order for us to organize the people and to know how the system works for us. Cryptocurrency needs to have regulation but I think it is not healthy for us specially if the government will hold the world of cryptocurrency.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:11:44 PM

Regulation may well come like it or not. As governments begin to see the potential to control the current financial system-and by definition their power begin to ebb away.
Will it be a good thing? the pro's and con's need to be debated in a rational way, and reasoned, logical suggestions made to government by us crypto enthusiasts before they introduce legislation arbitrarily, which could end the present very free systems.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:26:57 PM

Yes. I think it would be best to have regulation that is applicable for all types of cryptos. Scams, fraud, or other illegal activies can be prevented if it will be imposed. But hoping that those regulation will be for the welfare of all not for the sake of political will.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:40:26 PM

Regulations are very applicable when it comes to crypto currency. In this way we could prevent abusive posts and descrimination in some other race. Through this we could easily get along with others in doing business since we do respect the regulations bitcoin possesse. It would eventually change everyone's attitude here especially to those who never intend to do good and sharing bad ideas .
yasirsidds89

Activity: 114

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:42:12 PM

yes sure we need this other wise it will be a complete mess..
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:42:54 PM

Do we need regulations in the crypto world?
In the current situation that cryptocurrency is facing, I would say yes we need regulations. Governments are doing their own initiative to declare regulations so we are heading there and we have no choice but to follow it.
Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too?
All crypto's.
Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry?
Only officials has the authority to this.
Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?
Yes.
The question will be is How?
Does could affect the number of investors involve in the crypto currency? Regulating our trades in not a problem. Its how the government could control our earning specially when it comes with the tax involve. I think the good benefit of it is the whole world can recognize the whale which we could prevent from pump and dump. I mage the scale of lost if they can still control this kind of big whale that could also destroy good platforms.

arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:47:41 PM

Regulation can help to minimise the bad habits of habitats. Actually regulations is universal. No country doesn't have a regulation. Regulation can regulate the violators. We need regulations and term in a right manner and application but sometimes regulations applied in the wrong ways.
jossiel

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:49:56 PM

I don't care about corrupt government institutions,agencies or officials. In every country this is one of the most problem that every citizen is facing so there's no solution for this thing.

But being positive, I guess we need regulations. This will give and gain cryptocurrencies especially bitcoin a public trust. You know when there's public trust, demand will increase.

Free market will remain and that's how the economy of each country goes on with different industries.

<<- Rent this out ->>
Icey47

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:51:57 PM

We can't deny that we also need some form of insurance for theft, loss, or wallet issues. We also can't in peace and order if our govt doesn't have enough funding through taxes. I think some form of regulation is necessary.
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:59:59 PM

Every now and then we need always a regulations in order to have a proper process or anything else because regulation intends to regulate what people are allowed to do, and I think that in crypto world we need a regulation to have a clearer transactions for all.

Yes, we need a regulation in order to have transparency in cryptocurrencies transactions and it will protect our transaction from time to time. Crypto has already have regulation about things needed for that because all coins and tokens of those company are bieng monitored.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:03:22 PM

I think regulation is inevitable but not welcomed in the crypto world. It will make it too similar to the currently existing fiat capital markets. Boring =(
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1350

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:03:50 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.

Regulations is totally contradictory to crypto. But for me, there are really a lot of scammers out there who took advantage of crypto being no single body to oversee everything that's why its easy for them to get it and exit running away with investors fund. So I agree that we can to put up something to really weed out scams specially in the ICO where every month, hundreds are popping and a big percentage is really to scam people. But I don't agree to have a somewhat universal regulations. For me, each nation should decide how to deal with crypto's.

Yes, we need regulations but I think most of us would prefer somewhat loose regulations, whereas probably politicians will pass very strict ones. They can’t do much to control users making p2p transactions but they can do a lot to control exchanges and that can have a great impact on the market, as we have recently seen.

The alternative to regulations is bans, as bitcoin and cryptos have become too big to be ignored.

But I guess its better to have regulations, than a total ban itself. I don't know how loose a government can be as far as regulations, but levying high taxes is already enough I think. As for the exchanges, KYC is already enough but I don't like the idea of sharing information specially with other entities such as banks. IMHO.

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████

░░░░▄▄█████▄▄░░█████
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░████▀░░░░▀████
████▄▄█▀█▄▄████
██░░███░░░███░░██
████▀▀█▄█▀▀████
░████▄░░░░▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
         ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
   ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀
 ▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
COIN FLIP
       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀░█
█░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▀▄▄░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░░░▀
DICE
      ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄   ▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
█░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░▄▀▀▀░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█▀▀▀▄█░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█▀▀▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
   ▀▄▄░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
      ▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀
TWO DICE
▄█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ░░░▄▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▄░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄█▀▀▄
▄█▀▀█▀▄ ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░ ▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀█▄
▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▀▄░░█
█░▄▀░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░▀▄░█
█▀░░▄▄▀▀▀░░ ░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀ ░░░▀▀▀▄▄░░▀█
▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░   ░░▀▀▀▄░░▄▀▀▀░░      ░░░░▀▀▄▀

ETHEROLL
..PLAY NOW..
Clifmeister

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:06:23 PM

I think govts need to work together and regulate cryptos especially Bitcoin since if govts don't receive taxes, they are not able to control or further supports its agencies and development will fail. We don't want to be free, but live in a broken country do we?
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:10:58 PM

I don't care about corrupt government institutions,agencies or officials. In every country this is one of the most problem that every citizen is facing so there's no solution for this thing.

In order to get universal acceptance, bitcoins and other coins has to be regulated. Without regulations, it can not be a mainstream currency and this will became a hurdle for the growth of the community. Governments are doing their job to protect the fiat currency and save their dominance in the economy.

But being positive, I guess we need regulations. This will give and gain cryptocurrencies especially bitcoin a public trust. You know when there's public trust, demand will increase.

Yes, it will be also helpful in the long run.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: