Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:59:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we need to check before investing in ico?  (Read 1505 times)
phasngvx866

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:30:12 PM

Yes, i think it'll be hard to get a seat for the whitelist now
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clos Belmont ICO

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 01:36:56 PM

I invested in BEEFY tokens. Bank4YOU has a strong team and nice idea.
straimrpl777

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:14:29 PM

Very well written, especially liked your idea about checking the attendance of the website crypto project. Only practice will teach you in the future to determine good projects from bad projects.
alexnathan338

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:55:14 AM

I try to read more news about the project, what people write about it. It should be clearly understood that there is a lot of FUD and fake news so u should to distinguish where is truth   
ngngocan002

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:16:00 PM

I try to read more news about the project, what people write about it. It should be clearly understood that there is a lot of FUD and fake news so u should to distinguish where is truth   .
ad8z77777711

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:28:01 AM

it's hard to say. just think that before you invest, thoroughly do your research because it's really hard to point out which one is legit, and which one is scam. plus, investing is actually risky so it's between safe and unsafe.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:45:32 AM

it's hard to say. just think that before you invest, thoroughly do your research because it's really hard to point out which one is legit, and which one is scam. plus, investing is actually risky so it's between safe and unsafe.
yes your right its hard to found a good ICO but its better to check it before you invest on it and also don't easy attract if there are have a proposal that you can get a huge profit and have doubt if they are encourage you to participate them. it up to you if you willing to trust them but make sure you know everything about them so you will not got scam.
Mercedes1107

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:57:57 AM

I believe that you cannot say if the ICO is the best,but if it has a support and big community to support the project for sure it will be successful.Legalities is given but it still depends on the back up at the same time on the will of the developers if they really want to pursue their project. In other words nobody can say if the ICO is legit or not
lknasldkj19

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:46:36 PM

I think it would be best if you first check the market that the ICO is trying to aim to see if it has potential and also check who the admin of the ICO is and research if they are trustworthy.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:54:17 PM

This one great thread,many aspiring traders now are looking for this kind of helpful post.

I must admit that i trade many times,gain good amount but some of the ideas here wasn't crossed my mind or knowledge,but today upon reading this i should say i will become a successful trader,things that i always looking at for such a long
cointopper

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:07:20 AM

Everything is important. To check developers team and read their history should be kept in the first priority. If you did not find any type of history or team - stay awake, do not invest in this project. Also, it is important to check registration address and documentation (whitepaper (most important) and roadmap). Sometimes, even a bounty manager or person who represent project on bitcointalk forum can provide enough indication about the ICO.

I've found out an article "what to look before investing in ICO" for beginners - https://cointopper.com/guides/ico-investment-what-to-look-for-before-investing-in-icos-initial-coin-offerings
bournekin

Activity: 476

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:36:32 AM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you

Edit :

* this is the other suggestion, i know some of them is already mention above but i think this is good to add it here. Thanks

These 5 Things You Must Know Before Investing in an ICO
1 - Is it a Copy Cat, an Incremental Improvement, or Disruptive Tech?
2 - How detailed is the plan? What is the road map?
3 - How developed is the technology?
4 - Who comprises the Team and Advisory board?
5 - Do they really need to raise Why?

What should I do to participate in the ICO?

Very responsible approach to the selection of the project.
To study all possible information on the project.
To communicate with other potential investors at the forums, where information on the project is published.
If knowledge is allowed, then study the project code and its business model.
Assess the risks of investing.

Check for:

- Realistic goals
- Good tech
- Good trustworthy, preferably known dev team

The existing product note is important because we can see a lot of projects which did raise a lot of funds but after that their token price is dropping like boobs with age.

I agree on OPs list but i would like to add some more.
1) Idea explanation. It is very important that the project can explain their idea in simple way. If they cannot do it ,they are over complicating things which is one of the reasons why startups fail or they just dont care about the idea and project. KEEP IT Stupid simple.

2) Look for their attitude towards details and graphic design in their project webpage, telegram , bounty and ann thread. it does show that they care about their project.

3) Country. I dont want to induce nationalist discussion. But country / region matters. Economy and regulations differ in regions.

4) In some cases projects already have raised some momey in different way which could be a good indicator . For example IcoPass has managed to attract money from " Horizon 2020" which is not a easy thing to do. In most cases this one will be similar to " existing product" criteria .

I think these tips have represented the right ways to start investment in the crypto. They are important information that can be a consideration. however, all may have different perception. Additionally, we must also be ready of the results that we may get from the investment. The profits and risks must be considered carefully and wisely. Just do more research and take your best coins to invest.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Azzhan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:39:00 AM

This is a useful posts, the direction of these studies is a newbie need to master, but most of the time you need to pay attention to its code development situation, this is also a very important thing.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
sircy

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:06:34 AM

a solid team with an experienced project concept will be a consideration in choosing its own assessment and for investment. It's a great concept and certainly has benefits for the future will very get support in the form of investment. especially if the team is able to work also optimally so that buses are increasingly making ICO can walk and have extensive marketing.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:02:15 AM

The first thing i want to check before participate in ICO is the team profile, and the project itself.
Later i will check their social media and join them for updates. If i find these are good, then i will contribute.

Memenya

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:18:41 AM

I think these tips have represented the right ways to start investment in the crypto. They are important information that can be a consideration. however, all may have different perception. Additionally, we must also be ready of the results that we may get from the investment. The profits and risks must be considered carefully and wisely. Just do more research and take your best coins to invest.
Of course what we do will result aomething and we must be ready with that. All people want to have good suggestion before joining ico but all result is not always like what we want. Please be ready for evwrything since this is really unpredictable investment. Sometime it become big  or maybe small.
criptoroman

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

International Digital Asset Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:31:33 AM

It is very important to research the project team. Do they hide their real names, is it possible to find their profiles in social networks, what technical experience they have, are they strong in marketing, are there any experience in large projects?

veejay2716

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:44:01 AM

We need to check before investing are the team involve in the project, we need to know who they are, check their profile, consider also the product involve, we really need to secured our investment for us not to lose our money.
hoaduoc

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:33:48 AM

working product
Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
Strong team behind the project
Strong planning and marketing ability
Partnerships with reputed company
Good whitepaper and roadmap too
Experience advisor

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

Icobench.com
Icorating.com
icodrops.com
Icoscanner.io
cewekimut

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:51:18 AM

This information is very valuable. Mostly, the investors will do these things. You can check them one by one to analyze which ICO is good.
I will always at least analyze the product, concept, token supply, transaction on the wallet, team that builds up, and many others. Just to complete the information.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████