Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:23:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie starting out where to invest $500  (Read 569 times)
slothtrooper (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

Namaste

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:29:25 AM

As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:53:56 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 11:42:47 AM by Jaycee99
Merited by burner2014 (1)

As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

YOU SHOULD BUy A BITCOIN while the value is low. You can buy bitcoin at 7/11 or by a credit card at you bitcoin wallet. make sure that your bitcoin is in bitcoin to exchange it while bitcoin value is low. Here but low, sell hight in long term definition you should know the value when its low buy bitcoin and when high sell it. In this rate you can buy bitcoin

Nice a newbie, as I see you as a person who wants to earn and learn the same time here I would like to give you tips that is and will help you in the journey of cryptocurrency.

TIP
1. post on different forums not just in one forum. Why? because as you scan the different forums you can learn different things here while answering questions and asking the same time.

2. Due to Merit rule post nicely and a constructive that would help people and you may see they will give you a merit points to help you increase.

3. You can read here AND YOU MIGHT SEE SOMETHING THAT YOU COULD INVEST IN.

4. if you got a job here a bitcointalk do it well and follow the rules.

5. Don't be afraid to ask something.

Bythebass

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

PISTI

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:19:50 AM

You should better learn more about crytocurrency before starting to invest. Ive observed that it is so volitile and has no warranty if your investment get loss.

#BITCOIN #BITCOIN
slothtrooper (OP)

Activity: 51

Namaste

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:38:04 AM
Merited by Jaycee99 (2)

YOU SHOULD BUy A BITCOIN while the value is low. You can but bitcoin at 7/11 or by a credit card at you bitcoin wallet. make sure that your bitcoin is in bitcoin to exchange it while bitcoin value is low. Here but low, sell hight in long term definition you should know the value when its low buy bitcoin and when high sell it. In this rate you can buy bitcoin

Nice a newbie, as I see you as a person who wants to earn and learn the same time here I would like to give you tips that is and will help you in the journey of cryptocurrency.

TIP
1. post on different forums not just in one forum. Why? because as you scan the different forums you can learn different things here while answering questions and asking the same time.

2. Due to Merit rule post nicely and a constructive that would help people and you may see they will give you a merit points to help you increase.

3. You can read here AND YOU MIGHT SEE SOMETHING THAT YOU COULD INVEST IN.

4. if you got a job here a bitcointalk do it well and follow the rules.

Thank you for your advice and time will study, Once I can award merit I will remember to give.
You should better learn more about crytocurrency before starting to invest. Ive observed that it is so volitile and has no warranty if your investment get loss.

Yes volatile, this is the nature of the market, however $500 is not a huge sum of money, should I lose it.

Hence me seeking recommendations for more knowledgeable members.   
juli50

Activity: 278
Merit: 101

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:43:53 AM

Well, it is a really good time to invest because all the cryptos are really low at the moment. When I started a couple of mounths ago I invested in deeponion and that was the best choice I could do. So I recommend you now to invest in this fantastic coin.

fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:32:27 PM

Now it is really high tome to invest into crypro, as the market begins to grow again. I would buy all of top-10 coins from coinmarketcap.com

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:46:59 PM

Always make decisions while being backed by knowledge.
I could for example, turn your attention here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.0 It showed very good resistance to recent plummet, probably because of its "hodl" nature(profitable to hold). This will change at some point, so you will need to keep an eye on it.
Make sure to study this proposition carefully and don't act to swiftly.
Second thing is to diversify, split your investment in few parts or at least two, considering 500$ is not to much.
If you hesitate, go with BTC it looks like a good moment for buying.

cryptotrad

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Spanish translator & Community Manager

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:14:43 PM

I would recommend BTC to start with your investment. If other cryptocurrencies interest you make sure to read the whitepapers and do your own research before investing in any project.

EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK   ■■■■■   EINC         
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now ▐||   ETHEREUM HOLDERS ((   CLAIM ETI    ))
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Medium   ▲   Reddit   ▲   ANN Thread
King Koopa

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:31:52 AM

Still a rookie myself. After a few months I've realized I need to consolidate into the more solid assets. Don't look for the jackpot yet and be patient is just my 2 cents
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:14:24 AM

Hi,

That's true but please read before as much as you can before asking, many questions come again and again and people are sometimes fed up with writing always the same answers.

Some common questions have remarkable answers with full of details, so again read before asking.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:47:49 AM

Don't ask for advice like this. People are just going to shill what's in their bags. I would focus on research, research, research. If you're not willing to put in the time and hard work, then the safe bet is Bitcoin. Based on the historic trend, it's always a good conservative choice.

But if you're looking for bigger gains, you need to put in the hard work. The altcoin space is rife with scams, pump-and-dumps, and vaporware. You need to get to know the space and learn to quickly filter out the scams. Successful altcoin investors read ANN threads everyday. They keep up on fundamental news, they calendar fundamental events (roadmap dates, software/feature releases). They research coins all the time -- old and new.

Find coins you like fundamentally, then analyze the supply/income generation (staking, masternodes, etc)/marketing capacity/other fundamentals. Study the charts. You should probably invest in increments -- over weeks and months, not all at once. That will help you minimize the drawdown (the unrealized loss on your holdings).

There's a learning curve and it takes some experience to get there, but you need to learn this game on your own. If you go off coin recommendations on forums and trollboxes, you might get a good call here and there, but you'll probably lose everything eventually. It'll be much more valuable for you to develop an investment strategy which works for you. I think you'll find this will pay off over and over as the years go by. Good luck.

ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:12:56 AM

Don't ask for advice like this. People are just going to shill what's in their bags.

+1

Completely agree.
fritzwalter195

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:46:54 AM

500 is a too big for a starter!

Don't spend that much money if you are a newbie. I just don't want you to end up losing your funds by making an amateur step in this complicated sphere. I would suggest starting with $100 or less. You can buy some altcoins even for $10, see how it works and then wait a bit and sell for a better price (if you think the price is better at some point). This will give you a sense of how it works, and you will practice your skills and knowledge at the same time. I just really don't want you to end up with big losses.

However, if you are a long-term investor, I will suggest investing $100 in the most perspective cryptocurrencies and just wait. Or just $500 in bitcoin, but again, this has to be a LONG-TERM investment, because you are a starter and you may loose sufficient fund by short-term trading.

Remember, this is an unprofessional advice, but I am telling this because I know many people who lost sufficient funds by blindly trading with big amounts.

I wish you all the best in your future investment plans, just be careful and do much RESEARCH, because if you make a smart move with $500 in this business, your chances are high that you will get a lot out of that!  Cool
Bythebass

Activity: 98

PISTI

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:05:54 PM

Don't ask for advice like this. People are just going to shill what's in their bags. I would focus on research, research, research. If you're not willing to put in the time and hard work, then the safe bet is Bitcoin. Based on the historic trend, it's always a good conservative choice.

But if you're looking for bigger gains, you need to put in the hard work. The altcoin space is rife with scams, pump-and-dumps, and vaporware. You need to get to know the space and learn to quickly filter out the scams. Successful altcoin investors read ANN threads everyday. They keep up on fundamental news, they calendar fundamental events (roadmap dates, software/feature releases). They research coins all the time -- old and new.

Find coins you like fundamentally, then analyze the supply/income generation (staking, masternodes, etc)/marketing capacity/other fundamentals. Study the charts. You should probably invest in increments -- over weeks and months, not all at once. That will help you minimize the drawdown (the unrealized loss on your holdings).

There's a learning curve and it takes some experience to get there, but you need to learn this game on your own. If you go off coin recommendations on forums and trollboxes, you might get a good call here and there, but you'll probably lose everything eventually. It'll be much more valuable for you to develop an investment strategy which works for you. I think you'll find this will pay off over and over as the years go by. Good luck.
Theres realy a big difference between seasoned members like you comparing to lower rank members. Your advice has alot of sense and meaning. Im sure all hero members know alot about bitcoin like you. Hands down and big thumbs up to you.

#BITCOIN #BITCOIN
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:16:19 PM

I would like to recommend ICO projects. You can get more than good profit better than buying bitcoin or altcoins. Don't invest whole 500$ in one project. Find different projects and invest them. You have to do your own research for before invest a ICO project.
https://icobench.com This site is good one for choose good ICO's. Good luck!
dhiraj0977

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:16:13 PM

As a starter invest in Bitcoin, Ethereum when market is low, wait and watch, invest it when market is low and when you find the moment just invest in both. Mostly AltCoins up and down based on these main 2 coins. If these are up, mostly are up, and if they both down, mostly coins show downtrending.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
KryptoKitty123

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:08:40 PM

I suggest investing into the top 10 as these coins have stood the test of time.

Always remember, investing does come with a risk therefore never risk more than you can afford to loose. Also, think about what you mean when you say you want to invest. Do you want to day trade? Do you want to invest in the companies? Or, do you want to buy currency with the hope it will appreciate in value?

Before placing your hard-earned money into the cryptocurrency space I suggest you learn about the coin fundamentals using the recommended reading. Start spending your time and energy learning, discussing, using, coding, and enquiring about the coins.

These in-depth guides will be helpful for your research:

www.cointelligence.com/content/ultimate-bitcoin-guide

www.cointelligence.com/content/ultimate-ethereum-guide

www.cointelligence.com/content/ultimate-litecoin-guide
rezmo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:26:14 PM

before investing in crypto learn how it works then  you  can  survive storms buy  bitcoin i dont know  that  you can ever buy in this price of BTC , buy and HODL , first of all  recognize your goal, is it short term or long term , if you want short  term do  your  own research and use bitcointalk and social media, follow  the  news and  analysis

cocobball

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:49:42 PM

When i first started i went heavy into just bitcoin and got very lucky. I quickly 2x my money(just a lucky HOLDL) and then took my principle back into fiat. I have been trading with that original positions profits over the past 2 years.

If i had to start all over again with little capital i would look into buying some ether and then invest into some of the lower risk ICO. Some good money to be had at the moment and its a good way to get a bigger bank with short hold time. 
ScottW

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:26:31 PM

I think the one question you need to answer for yourself is "what is my goal for investing, and is it long term or short term"?  Once you have established this then seek out where to invest.

Having a game plan and some knowledge is critical prior to jumping in too deep.

It's also a math game....

Put that $500 in Bitcoin today at $8200 and you'll need it to reach $16400 to double your money.

Put that $500 in an altcoin at $.04 and you'll only need it to reach $.08 to double your money.  Many altcoins swing daily like this, but profitability is there IF you have the right strategy.

I started with $800 a month ago.  It's been one hell of a wild roller coaster ride so far...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: