Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused Newbie  (Read 340 times)
StefanPLU

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:54:47 PM

I'm finding it difficult to take a decision on which coin to invest on. Every other coin is marketing their own coin. Please give me genuine suggestions.

Depends on your budget. If you have a small budget pick a couple of good ICO´s and invest in them. Then sell if price goes up.

And then flip the earning for new ICO´s or coins that you want to invest in. Thats how I started. But research maybe a couple of
them before you invest.

Investing in BTC or ETH might be also good for the longterm and if you have budget to buy them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
King Koopa

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:48:51 AM

I think understanding the intention of the project and what problem it will solve will help. Along with that is the team, community, whitepaper, roadmap, and potential of adoption. There are things to consider as well but that's all I can think of for now. Good luck!
BrianBrianBrian

Activity: 75

“Joy Token - Smarter Games for Smarter Players ”

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:54:52 AM

Confusing as it is, everything is a risk. You have to do your research and make a gamble.
Try reading other clients reviews, it may help you decide.

──『 JOY TOKEN 』──
Infrastructure Protocol for the Gaming Industry
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:41:24 AM

Keep it simple and to the big ones at the start. Get  yourself some BTC and maybe a token or two. For any token you need to try logically assess if there is a business use case behind it, or if it is something that would benefit the world and has a market for it.

A lot of tokens are addressing problems that aren't there, there are a ton of them doing exactly the same thing. You would often times see someone just fork some protocol. Lets say Monero for now; their site will just say "Decentralized, peer to peer,  anonymous currency".
Well yea, of course they forked monero but that project didn't bring anything new to the table, they just copy pasted some code. In that case I would stick to the original.

My best advice is to try think about these things level headed and never buy the latest "CHEAPEST AND HOTTEST ALTCOINS! ". Be careful of hyped up pump and dumps.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
Athenakim.22

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:00:27 AM

in my own experience as a newbie, I stick with ETH and BTC at first since i don't have any idea about other coin, and then later on I do my own research and that help much when it comes to investment.

here are some of the coin, you can consider and make a research. I hope it helps.
https://www.facebook.com/RAastilla/posts/1798218093529881
Andatello

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:44:31 AM

I would think a good start would be bitcoin and ETH, but as we have seen this year even investing in these 2 at this moment is a risk. I have confidence however that these will stabilise and eventually start to go up.

Other coins as a newbie might be more risky and would advise much research before investing.
toygama

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:36:05 AM

I'm finding it difficult to take a decision on which coin to invest on. Every other coin is marketing their own coin. Please give me genuine suggestions.

I'm  also confused and thanks to my friend  who guide me to what to do with my investment. He told me to study with the projects if has potential to grow before I put my investment.
raddish

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:01:18 PM

My advice to you is study on what the new coin is doing and how will it fare after the ico and is it a legit coin to invest in either for long term or short term.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:26:47 PM

Confusing i think its normal to newbie like me, but because i' m reading always to the qoute or posted of the legendary, i was oriented little by little..
rime151

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:52:16 PM

better go to the popular Smiley
iagyei259

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:11:16 PM

Every other  coins is doing aggressive  advertising  to catch novicee without  knowledge  like you.  So is up  to you to do a thoroughly  research  on the project  viability  before  you  invest in it.
kinghenry06

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:52:04 AM

To avoid any confusion, you can always check the current Top 10 coins in the market. All these coins have good technology and use cases.
raddish

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:53:51 AM

I am also new to this industry and does not know which is a better coin that I should invest in,  I do a lot of research on a particular ICO if I wanted to invest in it reading through their white paper and verify the authenticity of what they claim using Google is very useful you should try it out.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:31:19 AM

This is going to sound really vanilla my suggestions and I apologize in advance but I'll try to give a reason for each.

Bitcoin/Ethereum - Regardless what you think of these coins they should always be 50% of your portfolio.. they both have use cases but the most important one is they provide a source of income into exchanges (which becomes more valuable in my opinion as decentralized exchanges become more prominent because of legislation).. you also need a stack of this at all times to cost avg alt coin mistakes..bitcoin will always give you cheaper entries into alt coins in fud markets/bullmarkets and at worst goes sideways so your investment has nowhere to go but sideways worst case scenario..even with bitcoin dropping over the past two months you still would have made massive alt coin positions just holding bitcoin and buying into the deepest blood.

Loopring/0x/Decentralized Exchange Protocols - with more threats of legislation, decentralized exchanges or trading directly from wallets will become more and more of a reality..expect these two coins to do well as the fud of government and exchange crackdowns continue.

BNB - Binance exchange is absolutely killing it in the past 6 months and will continue (likely passing all centralized exchanges this year if growth continues).. plus this coin every quarter has coin burns and will rapidly continue growing this year.

TRX - Tron in my opinion isn't a very good coin but has alot of whale ownership and FUD along with new investors and weekhands constantly panic selling, so this coin will have plenty of oppurtunities to make money if you don't get too greedy even if long term its not a good hodl (imo).

Privacy Coins - Most will talk about this most likely but privacy coins will be big this year, again with the government fud and decentralized everything coming down the pipe, privacy coins will most definitely have more use cases.

Just to reiterate though BTC/ETH will always be your best bet at the end of the day though.. its truely the giants of crypto and make sure no matter what you always have atleast 50% of BTC/ETH,

Good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: