Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:34:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting an exchange looking for partners  (Read 992 times)
gmcneish (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:11:28 PM

Hi

Im currently developing my own exchange its called Tradeigniter. Its in the early development stages at the moment the company has been formed, the designs are getting designed.

Im looking for programmers / partners / investors / any help I can get really

I know its a large task to undertake but Ive been at it for a few months already and I have a working model which im hoping to pitch to angel investors - this is my last resort as im trying to raise the funds myself.

One of the features im building is a live trading stats for the users so other users can follow successful traders and learn from them and copy there trades if they wish to do so.

If any one is interested in helping please message me

Many thanks

Gary

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
engu

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:28:12 PM

Hi Gary,

i am an experienced Developer with now more than 10 years experience. Just finishing an exchange development and looking for new opportunities. I would like to hear more about your exchange. What technology  you are using and how do you plan to manage to get a bank contract ?  How should a partnership be managed and organized. I can help and contribute with development and process know how.

Thanks

Engu
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:37:55 PM

I am an experiences web dev running my own IT company, I can work fluently with PHP, MySQL, Linux server setting and maintaince, also not that good at Python and all frontend languges such as JQuery. If you are interested, contact me. To be fair, your (or future our) problem is to set up a nice DDOS protection, which is quite costly. The best one in the world is incapsula. Hope this helps you if you go futher with this, regarding if you consider me or not. I was thinking to build an exchange as well, and to be fair that's the easiest part. What is tougher is 24/7 support then and manual payouts (as I would never consider a hot wallet after we saw so much tefts).
Good luck anyway.
PS, if interested, PM me.

Cryptostats.es
gmcneish (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:45:30 PM

I'm starting to get a lot of interest regarding Tradeigniter, currently have several developers working on different aspects of the trading platform

Thank you to the people who already have been in touch

The design is nearly there, certainly do for now so I can focus on the database and api. Ill probably rebuild it at the end using smaller framework 

SSL certificate just bought and being implemented as I write this also setup cloud flare, to get the ball rolling

Emails system works

Several servers have been setup for testing

1 for nginx
1 hosting Node.js
1 database server - currently its mongodb but I think I will be making the move to couchdb - please advise also im in need of database designers to help me finalize the design
wallet servers to be implemented

Im currently looking at ubuntu landscape and similar products

The servers security is amazing ive locked them all down hopefully once the app is near ready, I could release a bug hunting bounty

Still also looking for more partners to show there interest or investors and developers

Currently the site is located at  www.tradeigniter.com

I can be contacted by email of pm

admin@tradeigniter.com

Thank you
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:57:01 PM

I'm starting to get a lot of interest regarding Tradeigniter, currently have several developers working on different aspects of the trading platform

Thank you to the people who already have been in touch

The design is nearly there, certainly do for now so I can focus on the database and api. Ill probably rebuild it at the end using smaller framework 

SSL certificate just bought and being implemented as I write this also setup cloud flare, to get the ball rolling

Emails system works

Several servers have been setup for testing

1 for nginx
1 hosting Node.js
1 database server - currently its mongodb but I think I will be making the move to couchdb - please advise also im in need of database designers to help me finalize the design
wallet servers to be implemented

Im currently looking at ubuntu landscape and similar products

The servers security is amazing ive locked them all down hopefully once the app is near ready, I could release a bug hunting bounty

Still also looking for more partners to show there interest or investors and developers

Currently the site is located at  www.tradeigniter.com

I can be contacted by email of pm

admin@tradeigniter.com

Thank you

what is your location? I am also an IT operations engineer, worked 6 years for Goodyear and I am resigning this job to work exclusively with Bitcoin/Litecoin, I am not a talent when it comes to developing but I did allot of implementations, I helped on the implementation of major systems across Goodyear Europe.

I can do DB administration, System Administration, System Architecture.... I would be also interested in investing but need allot more info before jumping on that.

PM me with more details Smiley
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:14:55 PM

I am an experienced developer for enterprise web applications. Which technology skills are you looking for?
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:15:59 PM

Last thing we need is yet another exchange started by a busload of randoms.
9inety7even

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:33:22 PM

Last thing we need is yet another exchange started by a busload of randoms.

Exactly. And here's a perfect reason why. The OP says:

1 database server - currently its mongodb but I think I will be making the move to couchdb - please advise also im in need of database designers

Anybody who has experience in any sort of database development knows that neither mongodb nor couchdb support transactions anywhere near as well as a RDMS. Further, mongodb isn't even ACID compliant, which Coinbase learned the hard way. I would not be comfortable handing any amount of money to an exchange that not only doesn't understand that they could be mishandling my money, but also has not learned from the mistakes others have made.

daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:41:50 PM

I currently use postgresql.

gmcneish (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:38:45 PM

I do know of this but as im not a database designer mongodb seems to be the easiest way I can get the information to the next stage of the development, it could be used in conjunction with redis but I think its best I focus on my database fields then pass it over to experts to create.

couchdb is acid compliant hence why I mentioned it.

Like I said this is still early stage development. I am aware of the issues coinbase had with mongodb but there are solutions which Is why I am trying to reach out to the community for help

Anyway I accept constructive criticism good and bad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: