Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:13:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For those looking for the "next big thing"  (Read 129 times)
chocopapaya (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:37:28 PM
Merited by BitcoinHodler (5), limmousine (3)

Aloha!

I have some advice for you: stick with btc for another year.

One of the best advice I ever got when I first started out was, "It's not about whether or not your coins increase in value, it's about whether you are gaining more btc."
This became true as I tried to cash out a couple months ago, as I converted all my coins to btc. Even though it seemed like I had gained profits, actually, I ended up with less btc than when I first started buying it.  I did make some profit, but that was only because the value of btc itself had increased exponentially.  I would have made more money if I had just kept it in btc.

Things are a little more different now, because eth has become almost as easy as btc to convert to fiat, but btc is still the core of the entire crypto market cap, and it still has a lot of room for growth.

Take a look at past bubble economies and speculative markets like the dot.com bubble in the 90s.  That thing went into the trillions of dollars before it popped.  Looking at it like that, despite what you think, the numbers say that crypto is still in its infancy and btc has incredible potential to rise in value.

I do believe that eventually, something will replace it, but definitely not this year.
Don't let fud or anxiety or ignorance guide your trading choices, bitcoin is not dead, it will be 25k by May, and 60k during the end of the year bull run.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 02:11:45 PM

First of all, thanks for the advice. I thought you mentioned another new coins or tokens that will become the "next big thing". In my view, BITCOIN is an old tech. I personally can not expect much to bitcoin. But if your view is from the price side, then i do agree that bitcoin price will be higher than last year.

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:13:04 PM

this was the last fall of bitcoin. Trump approved crypto and now we are going to 60k soon.
If you sold btc while its dropping its time to buy. I totally agree with you.
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:13:42 PM

In my opinion blockchain 3 will be the new thing this year. I personally think that tezos will dominate in 2018 race.    

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:27:21 PM

well people have very different views in this market, you can't really tell them they are wrong, they do whatever they want. i share the view of OP. i actually find it absurd that people keep on looking for the "next big thing" and each year we have at least 3 coins that are considered that and then they give their place to another at least 3 new coins to be that!

my views on this market is that i stick to those 3 while they are hot but not a minute longer and make profit on the bitcoins i have. at the end of the day if i am able to turn $1,000 into $10,000 it means i have lost. but if i am able to turn my 1BTC into 10BTC i am a big winner.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:30:28 PM

Well, it is obvious that BTC and ETH are the safest and are the benchmark for returns. But people looking for the next big thing doesn't look for safe and steady returns. They look for 100x+ returns and that's why advice to hold BTC doesn't make any sense.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 02:32:04 PM

All my altcoins that I had selected save for 2 had actually seen bigger %growth vs. BTC.
It depends on when you bought it.

Also altcoins tend to also have a higher %loss during a bearish market due to the lower MCAP -- good time to buy, if it is a good altcoin, since you can expect it to rebound by that same high %.

BTC is a lot less volatile and requires a lot more pumping to push its price up due to the already high MCAP. It is considered the more "stable" crypto compared to the other coins; so it has utility that way + a point to exchange btwn Fiat and to enter cryptos too -- although LTC/ETH/BCH are catching up on this advantage front.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Procopiogamscrypto

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:54:01 PM

Aloha!

I have some advice for you: stick with btc for another year.

One of the best advice I ever got when I first started out was, "It's not about whether or not your coins increase in value, it's about whether you are gaining more btc."
This became true as I tried to cash out a couple months ago, as I converted all my coins to btc. Even though it seemed like I had gained profits, actually, I ended up with less btc than when I first started buying it.  I did make some profit, but that was only because the value of btc itself had increased exponentially.  I would have made more money if I had just kept it in btc.

Things are a little more different now, because eth has become almost as easy as btc to convert to fiat, but btc is still the core of the entire crypto market cap, and it still has a lot of room for growth.

Take a look at past bubble economies and speculative markets like the dot.com bubble in the 90s.  That thing went into the trillions of dollars before it popped.  Looking at it like that, despite what you think, the numbers say that crypto is still in its infancy and btc has incredible potential to rise in value.

I do believe that eventually, something will replace it, but definitely not this year.
Don't let fud or anxiety or ignorance guide your trading choices, bitcoin is not dead, it will be 25k by May, and 60k during the end of the year bull run.
everyday, as i monitored the movement of bitcoin value in the market ,sometimes i felt uneasy upon watching the descending value,the only thing that give strength on myself to keep hoping that it will fly to the moon again is the ability of btc to pump high enough in a short period of time, and besides , you are right ,that btc still the core of the entire crypto market , and that's legacy.
dasha_buka

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:09:06 PM

Yes, good advice . Competently will distribute 40% to leave in BTC , 30% to purchase altcoins which are below and have a huge perspective . And the remaining 30% left in Fiat because when the market drops, that's was something to buy cheap BTC and altcoins
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

what you say is very inspiring and makes me excited to continue holding bitcoin. lucky I was not affected by the market conditions and bad news, as well as his many FUD lately.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: