Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:47:40 PM

I, for one, would like an explanation for the extremely large 'service fee.'  1 BTC?   Roll Eyes

Also, I'd like some explanation of the Havelock backup procedure.  Burnside said that BTCT emailed friedcat every 12 hours, the email address and a BTC address of every Asicminer shareholder.

Something like that would be very comforting.  The community is butt-sore!  

Arwell's quote inexplicably excludes the current transfer fee of 0.2btc (1btc is the max price, created when bitcoin was worth much less).

In addition to any backups Havelock does internally, the full shareholder list is sent to each issuer twice per day.

I suggest reading the entire Havelock description AND the entire LMB prospectus before buying.

All your questions have been addressed and answered numerous times in the past. And most are answered in the documents I noted.

Also read this thread from the beginning, etc.

This is due diligence, and you must do it to have any hope of understanding what this is.

Thanks... and that little jibe at the end about my misunderstanding of the exchange fees was just what I would expect from an amateur.  Any hope... really, man.  You're the poor joe who's running around doing IPO's with a tag like 'Thick as Thieves.'  Jeez...  It's your job to answer questions politely.  And really, if I want to transfer 100 shares to direct - how much will it cost me?  .2 BTC?  1 BTC? 

It's amazing any of us are even solvent at this point.   Roll Eyes

The only "jibe" was at Arwell for inciting people by leaving details out of his quote. The rest of my comment is short, not out of disrespect, but because emotion has no place in this kind of thing.

It's important to me that people perform due diligence as best they can, but it is not important to me to value likability above that. I've done my best to develop a reputation by being one of the only rocks in the storm during BTCT and Bitfunder's closings, representing on the ASICMINER board, using XBOND to help fund projects like Neo while rendering bondholders whole, pushing Havelock to improve standards and protocols, and reliably providing what I've offered to provide.

I don't want anyone to trust me because I say what they want to hear, or because I speak in ways people are most comfortable with. Trust is earned, not proclaimed.

Your additional question again shows you did not read up, so I continue to have reason to be concerned.

"There is no minimum quantity for transfers, but any transfer order must pay the current service fee. (2/1/2014: Fee is currently 0.2btc, and may never exceed 1.0btc)"

To reword it, any transfer of shares from Havelock to LMB currently requires a 0.2btc service fee. The quantity of shares transferred is not a factor, only the quantity of requests.

Why is there a fee? Because there are notable monthly fees to have a listing on Havelock and transfers are an optional service that carries a burden of time, responsibility and risk. Also note that whenever a shareholder has been stuck or stranded, I provided free accommodations in the past. I know we are in a culture of advertising-supported free services, but that is unhealthy, and this is not one of them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcbot

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:58:43 PM

Grin

Thanks... really, though, you need and we all need to stop acting like dicks. 

Cool

The information is badly written.  I thought the fee was .2.   Whatever.  But the 1 BTC fee is never explained well. 

So, shit on your customers and again make the BTC scene one less bit professional. 

Roll Eyes

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:07:06 PM

Grin

Cool

The information is badly written.  I thought the fee was .2.   Whatever.  But the 1 BTC fee is never explained well.  

So, shit on your customers and again make the BTC scene one less bit professional.  

Roll Eyes

The fee is 0.2btc.
btcbot

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:08:22 PM

Grin

Cool

The information is badly written.  I thought the fee was .2.   Whatever.  But the 1 BTC fee is never explained well.  

Roll Eyes

The fee is 0.2btc.

Yup.  Got it.  Thanks.  You have a nice day now... 

Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:31:06 PM

Grin

Cool

Roll Eyes

The fee is 0.2btc.
They did indicate that the fee might not apply for smaller shareholders (less then 1000 shares)

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:33:14 PM

Grin

Cool

Roll Eyes

The fee is 0.2btc.
They did indicate that the fee might not apply for smaller shareholders (less then 1000 shares)

That is correct only for exports from LMB to Havelock.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:44:56 PM

Resetting my password on LMB doesn't seem to be working. Is this a known issue?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:50:57 PM

While I've been answering some questions lately, this is not a support forum. Any LMB concerns should be addressed by creating a ticket at the website.
btcbot

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:51:24 PM

Grin

Cool

Roll Eyes

The fee is 0.2btc.

Yup... so how much is it going to cost me to move my 100 shares away from the Havelock implosion?   Roll Eyes

00000.2 BTC.  Really?  That's a joke. 

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:53:53 PM

Grin

Cool

Roll Eyes

The fee is 0.2btc.

Yup... so how much is it going to cost me to move my 100 shares away from the Havelock implosion?   Roll Eyes

00000.2 BTC.  Really?  That's a joke. 

Troll. Welcome to my ignore list.
electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:02:06 PM

A transfer fee isn't ridiculous, its the price that is.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:12:50 PM

I am not writing about share price often, but ...

0.006 Ahoy !  Smiley

It is low, we are headed to 01, after a tiny bit of buzz.
As people already said, the mtgox news is good for neobee, as everyone is going to migrate to trusted, professional solutions.
NEO-PR

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 10:47:41 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:06:38 PM by NEO-PR

OFFICIAL UPDATE FEBRUARY 26, 2014
Also posted here: https://www.lmb-holdings.com/index.php?cID=181

Neo Branch Opening
This week’s branch-opening received a terrific response from the general public. Attendees were amazed with the quality of the space and appreciated how much more educated they became after learning more about Bitcoin from our team. We opened many customer accounts, however, due to the MtGox situation, we withheld the sale of bitcoins temporarily to avoid immediate “loss” for customers that day and to keep focus on Neo and the benefits of Bitcoin.

This decision is not something that will be repeated in the future, it was a decision taken because we had not commenced operations at the time of the uncertainty surrounding MtGox.

Here are some photos from the event:

http://imgur.com/a/IrZck#0

Videos:

http://youtu.be/9vfWtINsLdk

http://youtu.be/rwVGlVEThjs

http://youtu.be/vTm0LUT_NCw

The Bee Payment Terminal Demonstration http://youtu.be/oRUM75oyI-g

Merchant Interest

Our merchant conferences and marketing efforts have resulted in an overwhelming amount of interest from businesses wanting to accept bitcoins. The variety of these businesses is excellent, and a future where Cypriots will be in a position to only use euros to pay government institutions is within sight.

Many of these businesses want to pass on some of the savings from using Bee payment services to their customers. Some businesses do not want to convert their bitcoins into Euros at the point of sale, this will help us to target those businesses who do not service end users. These are positive steps toward a closed-loop Bitcoin economy.

SoEasy Stores are kiosks (mini markets, convenience stores). They are the largest chain on the island with 40 stores and they will enable Neo wallet holders to buy bitcoins and sell them via a Bee terminal at every SoEasy location. This agreement essentially means that we now have 40 additional locations across the island where people can access our services and Bitcoin.

International Coverage

Many international media outlets have contacted us for interviews surrounding what we are doing here in Cyprus with Bitcoin and we are going to be featured in many upcoming publications.

International Expansions

There is significant interest from individuals and groups to expand the Neo and Bee brand internationally, as well as interest from others who wish to emulate what Neo has started. We are willing to help anyone who wants to build professional services in the Bitcoin space, including those that wish to emulate what we are doing here. More professional businesses aimed at the masses will only serve as good thing for Bitcoin.

Multi-Signature Wallet Implementation

We have had a delay on the integration of the multi-signature wallets. This will be resolved soon with further development. All of our customers will be briefed on this delay. We are satisfied with our level of network security and continued monitoring of this infrastructure and we should have this service available soon.

MtGox Statement

What we are witnessing now with MtGox is further cleansing of the Bitcoin ecosystem. The odds are that MtGox is beyond repair in every aspect. Whether the coins are missing or not remains to be seen, as little solid information has been released. Luckily the Bitcoin space is now witnessing serious investors and business people developing infrastructure to utilize the technology in a more professional capacity. The time of garage companies, shady operators and teenage hackers has passed. The time of seriously funded, professionally operated, responsibly executed, carefully planned and diligently tested businesses is here. This new crop of businesses is more transparent, more secure and more professional than those of the first generation. Here at Neo and Bee and Neo EasyCoin, we are making great progress towards higher levels of transparency and professionalism. The willingness of other businesses such as Coinbase, Bitstamp, Coinkite, Circle and Blockchain.info to provide transparency and accountability is encouraging.

Our customers can always independently verify their Bitcoin holdings on the blockchain. We voluntarily subject ourselves to external audit with one of the Big Four audit firms, and we make painstaking efforts to remain on the forefront of physical and software security to ensure we do not become the next MtGox.

Bitcoin is here to stay and it will only become stronger through more professional infrastructure.

Thank you!

The response from the BitcoinTalk forum, Reddit and Twitter has been amazing. Everyone here fully understands this is just the beginning for us, but we are excited by the future. Your continued support is extremely appreciated and we are all working towards making this a long-lasting business that is beneficial to everyone involved.
Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:13:26 PM

Through what channel would you prefer interested international parties approach you?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:25:30 PM

International Expansions

There is significant interest from individuals and groups to expand the Neo and Bee brand internationally, as well as interest from others who wish to emulate what Neo has started. We are willing to help anyone who wants to build professional services in the Bitcoin space, including those that wish to emulate what we are doing here. More professional businesses aimed at the masses will only serve as good thing for Bitcoin.

Time to start thinking about a franchise model?

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

gurzuk

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:48:55 PM

http://www.mindfulmoney.co.uk/wp/shaun-richards/what-does-bitcoin-and-its-problems-tell-us-about-the-meaning-and-value-of-money/

“New bitcoin exchange Neo and Bee – a company in Cyprus that lost 29% of its capital due to the drop in Bt exchange“... ?
jbest8283

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:07:39 AM

http://www.mindfulmoney.co.uk/wp/shaun-richards/what-does-bitcoin-and-its-problems-tell-us-about-the-meaning-and-value-of-money/

“New bitcoin exchange Neo and Bee – a company in Cyprus that lost 29% of its capital due to the drop in Bt exchange“... ?

They'll never learn.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:08:13 AM

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Neo's capital gained tremendously? I believe most of the initial shares were sold at a time when a bitcoin was worth about $130.

That post is hard to parse. Just a wall of fractured FUD.
Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:24:11 AM

Had the same problem. Needed LMB support to reset it manually.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:36:08 AM

So, any word about how many of the 9600000 IPO shares have been sold so far?
I can't seem to find that info nowhere.
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: