Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:44:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atomic Multi-Path?  (Read 230 times)
DooMAD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3081

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:43:11 PM
Merited by DannyHamilton (2), LoyceV (1), ABCbits (1)

Just when I think I'm almost up to speed on Lightning, someone goes and proposes a platform on top of Lightning.  Never a dull moment in the cryptoverse, heh.  Atomic Multi-Path payments, or AMP for short, sounds like it will be more efficient, more user-friendly and provide greater privacy if it works as advertised.  And they appear to throw in the bonus of supporting cross-chain transactions too.  So how excited should I be while it still appears to be in the concept phase?  Is it one of those "if it sounds too good to be true... etc" deals?  Has anyone identified any pitfalls or shortcomings yet?  Or is it simply too early to tell?

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 07:14:29 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1), ABCbits (1)

So how excited should I be while it still appears to be in the concept phase?  Is it one of those "if it sounds too good to be true... etc" deals?
You should be fairly excited. The proposal comes from Laolu, one of the primary architects of the Lightning Network and main developer of LND. While perhaps the proposal as it was exactly written in the email won't happen, I'm sure that something very similar to it will be created and implemented.

Has anyone identified any pitfalls or shortcomings yet?  Or is it simply too early to tell?
There is active discussion about this on the mailing list (I haven't really been following), and it is still in the concept phase so expect the proposal to change and the issues worked out over time.

RNC

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:33:26 PM

So how excited should I be while it still appears to be in the concept phase?  Is it one of those "if it sounds too good to be true... etc" deals?
You should be fairly excited. The proposal comes from Laolu, one of the primary architects of the Lightning Network and main developer of LND. While perhaps the proposal as it was exactly written in the email won't happen, I'm sure that something very similar to it will be created and implemented.

Has anyone identified any pitfalls or shortcomings yet?  Or is it simply too early to tell?
There is active discussion about this on the mailing list (I haven't really been following), and it is still in the concept phase so expect the proposal to change and the issues worked out over time.

I would like to disagree with you but I found in the past that the "Ban" button comes in to play so best not to say anything
that might upset the moderator.
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:58:53 PM
Merited by RGBKey (1), pebwindkraft (1)

I would like to disagree with you but I found in the past that the "Ban" button comes in to play so best not to say anything
Feel free to disagree. I'm fine with having a discussion. But its not okay when the discussion turns from actually talking about a topic constructively to trolling, mudslinging, and flaming.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:51:18 PM

what's not to like about thinking like ....

we repurpose some unused space in the onion per-hop payload of the
onion blob to signal our protocol (and deliver some protocol-specific data),
then use additive secret sharing to ensure that the receiver can't pull the
payment until they have enough shares to reconstruct the original pre-image.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: