Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:23:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eve Online corp Bitcoin Hegemony  (Read 1344 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 12:42:48 AM

I created an Eve Online corporation. It's for players interested in virtual currencies. Cryptocurrency enthusiasm is a membership requirement.

The name of the corporation is Bitcoin Hegemony and we're actively recruiting. The primary timezone is EU and main language English.

I used to play Eve a lot many years ago and now I decided to try again. I have a lot of experience in alliance warfare and fleet fights but now I might want to do something else. My char can fly capital ships and obviously a lot of smaller stuff.

It's entirely up to corporation membership what we'll end up doing. We can do PvE and PvP, probably with a PvP focus. I can't go to details yet since we have exactly 1 member at this time (me).

Both newbies and veterans allowed.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:49:30 AM

Always nice when you quote your sources.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 12:53:10 AM

Grin

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:45:41 AM

>2013
>EVE Online

haha that's funny
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 09:04:27 AM

Always nice when you quote your sources.

I was not aware that there is another Eve Bitcoin corp. Good for you. Smiley

That corporation is very different from what Bitcoin Hegemony is about.

We don't play the isk/hour game. It's at most a tertiary goal for the corporation. What I can offer on the isk making part for now is experience on isk making from certain professions. I have an alt char that makes isk for me by doing trading, and that char is not part of a player corporation. I can make a few billion isk per week with it by playing 1 hour per day on average. It's also a profession that can be started effectively by a total noob char both skill and isk wise and then scaled up as liquidity is increased. I can offer tips and concrete guides on how to make this happen. But that's it.

The corporation itself will likely have not much to do with any of that. It will be with a PvP focus. What kind of PvP, that is still to be decided. We can also do PvE stuff but more from the "what is most exciting" point of view, def not the isk/hour point of view.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 09:07:24 AM

So if you guys are interested in a Bitcoin Eve corp these two are very different ones. Mine will focus on fighting and learning to fight, and having fun together in different types of situations. Making isk will be your own responsibility for the most part, but I can offer very good tips especially for the trading profession.

If you're mainly interested in the isk/hour game, I can recommend MPOE-PR's corp. Seems quite well designed for that stuff.

saif313

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:36:19 AM

Huh Huh Huh
 Grin Grin Grin

MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:50:25 AM

OR you could abandon the vanity and just join it, lead the fighting wing or whatever.

ISK/hour is simply the mark of success, not something that you can avoid because you're "doing something else". Even if you're American.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 10:45:35 AM

Bitcoin Hegemony now has 2 members. The second member is also a long time Bitcoin enthusiast. We're figuring out what ships to use for basic PvP training ops, most likely small and inexpensive ones.

MPOE-PR: If my experiment does not work out, I'll consider joining your corp. If it does work we can create a cryptoalliance later on. Cheesy

MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:55:28 AM

Bitcoin Hegemony now has 2 members. The second member is also a long time Bitcoin enthusiast. We're figuring out what ships to use for basic PvP training ops, most likely small and inexpensive ones.

MPOE-PR: If my experiment does not work out, I'll consider joining your corp. If it does work we can create a cryptoalliance later on. Cheesy

Yeah dude. That's why goonswarm holds a quarter of the nullsec space and Bitcoin is shit on wheels three years later. That's EXACTLY it, right there. Rather than joining shit that works average Bitcoiner wants to start new shit that won't work to see if it maybe works. GL and all that.

Don't even fucking bother to check if there's previous effort you could help with, just randomly start whatever the fuck occurs to you over breakfast. We'll totally win that way.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 11:09:43 AM

Yeah dude. That's why goonswarm holds a quarter of the nullsec space and Bitcoin is shit on wheels three years later. That's EXACTLY it, right there. Rather than joining shit that works average Bitcoiner wants to start new shit that won't work to see if it maybe works. GL and all that.

Don't even fucking bother to check if there's previous effort you could help with, just randomly start whatever the fuck occurs to you over breakfast. We'll totally win that way.

With that attitude you'll not get an ally of me. On the contrary, this is giving me incentive to start hunting your miners down.

I'm not interested in your effort, nor is our corp at this time at all interested in holding sov (referring to the goonswarm mention). If you're so fucking clueless as to think that referring to "pvp" means trying to conquer sov, then just fuck off right now.

I have extensive alliance warfare experience so I know what that requires, it's most certainly not something our corp is aiming for at this time.

Also that stuff is not done by single corporations it's done by alliances. Alliance is something I might be interested in later to get our corporation into bigger stuff, if we feel like we want to do something like that. It's not up to me.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:13:02 AM

With that attitude you'll not get an ally of me. On the contrary, this is giving me incentive to start hunting your miners down.

I'm not interested in your effort, nor is our corp at this time at all interested in holding sov (referring to the goonswarm mention). If you're so fucking clueless as to think that referring to "pvp" means trying to conquer sov, then just fuck off right now.

I have extensive alliance warfare experience so I know what that requires, it's most certainly not something our corp aiming for at this time. Also that stuff is not done by single corporations it's done by alliances. Alliance is something I might be interested in later to get our corporation into bigger stuff, if we feel like we want to do something like that. It's not up to me.

Right-o. The problem here is not my attitude, tho' that's exactly what you'd say. The problem here is wholly internal, ie in your head. You're structured so as to be useless.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:18:24 AM

Sorry for noob question, but it is free game now? I know people payed few years ago monthly subscription fee Cheesy
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 11:23:54 AM

Right-o. The problem here is not my attitude, tho' that's exactly what you'd say. The problem here is wholly internal, ie in your head. You're structured so as to be useless.

The truth is that there is no problem. You have the problem, I don't. I have my corporation, you have yours. Let's just leave it at that.

As a sidenote I find it funny that you consider the point of the game to achieve a high isk/hour ratio. Perhaps you also consider everything you do in real life from a money/hour ratio. I don't think of the game that way, I think of it as a series of experiences which can be good or bad. The isk is simply a way to fund whatever I'm doing, and if you have enough for what you're doing, then all is fine.

That thinking of yours is entirely circular. To make isk simply to make more isk is not a proper goal in my book, it's circular thinking. One can think like that temporarily but I'm not interested in any endeavour where that is pretty much all the thinking there is.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:27:18 AM

The truth is that there is no problem. You have the problem, I don't. I have my corporation, you have yours. Let's just leave it at that.

As a sidenote I find it funny that you consider the point of the game to achieve a high isk/hour ratio. Perhaps you also consider everything you do in real life from a money/hour ratio. I don't think of the game that way, I think of it as a series of experiences which can be good or bad. The isk is simply a way to fund whatever I'm doing, and if you have enough for what you're doing, then all is fine.

That thinking of yours is entirely circular. To make isk simply to make more isk is not a proper goal in my book, it's circular thinking. One can think like that temporarily but I'm not interested in any endeavour where that is pretty much all the thinking there is.

Nah, it's 15 euro/dollars per month, but you can buy an in-game subscription time for ~half billion ISK per month.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 12:25:52 PM

Sorry for noob question, but it is free game now? I know people payed few years ago monthly subscription fee Cheesy

MPOE-PR's comment was perhaps directed at you. As he said, it's not free. However you can earn enough in-game money a month to pay for it. I can teach how to do that as a trader. You won't do that much the first month but probably after that. My char makes 2B a week with 1 hour a day playing time, doing trading. It's a good profession and you can start doing it with a new character, although you can't make that much at first.

There are a multitude of ways to make ISK and I've tried many of them. Trading is where I seem to get the most with the least effort, although you need to know what you're doing. There are probably even better ways but I don't care, I get what I need from what I do now.

As I said in OP, newbies as well as veterans are accepted in my corp. And perhaps contrary to some other corps out there, our focus in Eve is social capital. Building a friendly group with a similar background so that you don't have to do stuff alone. That is the focus of Bitcoin Hegemony. We will try different things to find out what the focus of our corp should be, more specifically.

I will run PvP training ops to low sec in the beginning so that we can learn some basics of combat.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 03:59:24 PM

There is a 30-day trial for Eve if a new player wants to try it out. It's a good opportunity to try it out and join our corp, as we actually need players with low level ships right now. As we do training it's expected that we lose a lot of ships and as always in Eve, only fly what you can afford to lose.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 03:32:54 PM

We now have 3 members in Bitcoin Hegemony, and we're likely getting 2 more shortly. We're planning a PvP training op for this week with frig/destro/cruiser sized ships. We're going through basic combat and fleet communication practice since we also have PvP-newbies in the corp. Hell, I haven't played in years so I need practice as well.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 09:35:22 AM

We now have 4 members and in addition to our Paara (Citadel) HQ, we have an office in Rens (Heimatar). Our first PvP training op is being planned, plenty of time to join in.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 09:38:33 AM

Bitcoin Hegemony recruitment is going well. We have 6 members and we're soon doing a PvP op. Still time to join!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: