Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:27:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The link between a successful economy and falling investment markets.  (Read 117 times)
juicyjanet88 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

MFG Token Sale - 1st of January

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:38:20 AM
Merited by jmlona (1)

For anyone not following the news the last day the Dow Jones index fell by record numbers in one of the biggest falls in years, other index's were also hit hard. The reason may not be one that you'd think. In fact it is largely attributable to unexpected uptrend's across the global economy. Let's take the US for example:

On the 2nd of February the US labor department released figures showing jobs and wages increases that exceeded expectations. Higher wages and more employment leads to more spending, more spending leads to higher inflation and in turn the FED will need to combat this by increasing interest rates (if interest rates are higher people borrow less and save more, hence spending goes down).

So higher interest rates, what does that mean for investments, well it's quite simple. Investors will get a better comparable pay-off in safe investments like stocks and bonds if the interest rates increase. Therefore it becomes a more attractive alternative to stocks.

It's always fascinating to see how the economy works in circles and how things are not always as they first seem. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the hurt the crypto markets are experiencing could also be attributed to this. If you look at other economies globally you can see the same thing happening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:32:57 PM

It's something that always baffled me when I was first trying to get my head around this. How the success of the employment market can actually lead to the downturn in the investment market. Intuitively you'd think the opposite as incomes increase more people have spare money to invest and the market increases.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:55:01 PM

The irony of life. I think it is impossible to become a successful economy if there is falling of investments specially if it is large investment companies. It is not consider to be a successful if there is a downturn and we all know that economy is large scope. Investments contribute well to the fluctuations of our economy so I guess it is not possible to happen.
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:45:52 PM

I noted interesting points concerning the idea in the post.
1. The US market has bounced today as has the crypto market. This seems hard to see as a coincidence. There are the same correlations between spending, investing and global economics with crypto and traditional stocks.
2. The crypto economy has shown me once again why it is better than traditional stock market. In New Zealand there was a public holiday yesterday and most people had Monday off too. So the NZX was closed for the period of the big US sell off. There was no change in prices because nothing moved, and there was a lot of chat about a big dip when it finally hit. Crypto on the other hand is global, and does not take days off. Everything happens in real time and you cant anticipate market movements based on others simply because yours is closed at the time.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:25:25 AM

This is a comparison between successful economy and falling market, I don't think so, that how can be a successful economy, if a certain country have a falling market, maybe your point is all about what happen today in bitcoin situation about price status on which the price is falling and also the investment market also falling down, however even the price is falling but still the economic status of bitcoin is rise because people are still adopt and access bitcoin.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
juicyjanet88 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

MFG Token Sale - 1st of January

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:05:43 AM

I noted interesting points concerning the idea in the post.
1. The US market has bounced today as has the crypto market. This seems hard to see as a coincidence. There are the same correlations between spending, investing and global economics with crypto and traditional stocks.

I think there's definitely some relationship but it also happened to be somewhat of a coincidence at the same time. I think the expectation of higher interest rates would have contributed to the fall in crypto prices but the main reason for the turnaround was the news coming out of the US that a 'do no harm' approach will be taken.

2. The crypto economy has shown me once again why it is better than traditional stock market. In New Zealand there was a public holiday yesterday and most people had Monday off too. So the NZX was closed for the period of the big US sell off. There was no change in prices because nothing moved, and there was a lot of chat about a big dip when it finally hit. Crypto on the other hand is global, and does not take days off. Everything happens in real time and you cant anticipate market movements based on others simply because yours is closed at the time.

I wouldn't necessarily say that is an advantage, the way the stock market work allows people to escape and have a life outside of that. As many of us in crypto can attest to it can be really hard to escape from your computer screen for too long as you don't want to miss anything.

Why do you see it as being an advantage for crypto that the market never sleeps?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: