Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:38:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the reason behind this mass price rise?  (Read 315 times)
crisasimo10

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:42:07 PM

I know there has been some changes with Bitcoin, but I wouldn't think that anything big has happened (nor do I know of anything big that has happened) in the past month to justify this mass price influx. This is insane, and I really don't see a point to it.

I would expect some of you to know a bit more then me about it, so I await some more insight. Thanks!

Bitcoin is became popular, the big players (whales / investors) dictates and control the prices. This is a natural tendency in the market trading.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:16:46 PM

I know there has been some changes with Bitcoin, but I wouldn't think that anything big has happened (nor do I know of anything big that has happened) in the past month to justify this mass price influx. This is insane, and I really don't see a point to it.

I would expect some of you to know a bit more then me about it, so I await some more insight. Thanks!

I think it has something to do with Segregated Witness (SegWit) and lightning network (LN) which will start after the countdown, since two days ago by many miners. With the rumor that the enthusiasm of the community to bitcoin slightly growing.

SegWit minimizes "transaction fees" becomes very low while Lightning Network minimizes "transaction fees" to as low as possible even up to 0%.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: