Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:15:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pooling for 28 nm chips  (Read 412 times)
anvoice (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:20:36 AM

Hello everyone,

Seems very likely that 28 nm ASICs will open up a new mining age. But prices are quite high: to get the most bang for your buck, you need to get a 50-pack of GoldStrike 500 GH/s chips from Cointerra for $139,750 total, at $2795 per chip. Good for the price, but out of any individual's price range. And I'm sure there is only a short window of opportunity where those are profitable, before the network hashrate hits the stratosphere.

To the point: I was wondering if anyone may be interested in setting up a pool (e.g. using Payitsquare) to purchase a 50-pack of these. Up to 50 people could participate in increments amounting to a single chip, and upon receipt they could be shipped out to the individual contributors by overnight mail. Personally, I could afford 1, maybe 2 chips total, and I'm sure others are in the same boat. If many show interest, we could make a tentative list to see if this idea is worth pursuing. Any thoughts on this?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:38:40 AM

Hello everyone,

Seems very likely that 28 nm ASICs will open up a new mining age. But prices are quite high: to get the most bang for your buck, you need to get a 50-pack of GoldStrike 500 GH/s chips from Cointerra for $139,750 total, at $2795 per chip. Good for the price, but out of any individual's price range. And I'm sure there is only a short window of opportunity where those are profitable, before the network hashrate hits the stratosphere.

To the point: I was wondering if anyone may be interested in setting up a pool (e.g. using Payitsquare) to purchase a 50-pack of these. Up to 50 people could participate in increments amounting to a single chip, and upon receipt they could be shipped out to the individual contributors by overnight mail. Personally, I could afford 1, maybe 2 chips total, and I'm sure others are in the same boat. If many show interest, we could make a tentative list to see if this idea is worth pursuing. Any thoughts on this?

Do you mean a group buy? Yes i think these will come up, since not many can afford big $ for mining.
anvoice (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:17:39 PM

Yes, that's what I mean. I'd like to invest too, but can only afford a small fraction of the order price.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: