Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Python good for bitcoin apps?  (Read 382 times)
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:54:28 PM

Only advantage of high level language is relatively fast development, ease of portability between Windows and *nix and it is friendly to noobish programmers.

I counted four in your text. Also, i can tell about one more advantage: high level language is better for small projects, like blockchain parser or transaction accelerator or data storage.
Portability and noob friendliness is not advantages. I do not care about other OS than one running on my computer. Fast development also does not matter. Once a software is written, it is.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrCrank (OP)

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:13:47 PM

Thanks to all for details info and your adiveces.
I choose Python for start Smiley

P.s. I want to create "small" project, this will be not highload and scale project.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:37:35 AM

I want create script and use blockchain node API and create "little" online/offline game  Smiley

Thanks for answers.
I will try get few lessons "Python coding" and
after will make choose.

The variety of library that Python have give you a lot of API support to play around, I'm sure it will give you a lot of option. But I doubt Python would be good for a game, I'm sure there are better programming languages for it, and also the leading game engines don't support Python.

P.s. I want to create "small" project, this will be not highload and scale project.
That is the beauty of Python its good for the small project, but when the project getting bigger the performance will be decreased.
MrCrank (OP)

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:57:30 AM

I want create script and use blockchain node API and create "little" online/offline game  Smiley

Thanks for answers.
I will try get few lessons "Python coding" and
after will make choose.

The variety of library that Python have give you a lot of API support to play around, I'm sure it will give you a lot of option. But I doubt Python would be good for a game, I'm sure there are better programming languages for it, and also the leading game engines don't support Python.

That is the beauty of Python its good for the small project, but when the project getting bigger the performance will be decreased.

Python don't support game engines? Sad
I don't know about it..  Unity is best easy engine.
need find info about game engines support Python
ivannnn

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:37:59 AM

I am agreed the following opinions.   Python is a scrpit lang, not for big program.

I want know, Is Python good for bitcoin apps?

Depends on what you mean with "apps".
Python is a scripting language.
You won't be able to comfortably code "big" software using python

For small scripts, sure.. python is awesome IMO.

I want to try make easy bitcoin app and heard that Python is best for coding blockchain..
Is it really?

There is no "best for coding blockchain".
Blockchain is a technology. Bitcoin utilizes blockchain.

The best programming language to code scripts/programs is the one you are most comfortable with!

If you are just starting to program and you don't want to code a wallet like electrum from scratch i would say Python is pretty good to get started.
Its straight forward and lets you pretty much "do whatever you want" without having to worry about memory allocation, etc.. too much

What language you use for coding?

I personally use either C, Java or Python.
Most preferably i use python because.. well.. its basically like writing pseudo code.
Additionally you can basically modify strings/data in python any way you want without having to write 100's of lines just for a simple modifying function.
nongmo

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:32:21 PM

python works,
java
Javascript

but to make apps or or software with GUI
java to android
objective C to IOS

crypto kittes was built in Javascipt using the ethereum network so if you want to down that route google that.

javascript can be ported to most of these but that can be said to with most languages now in 2018.

just go for a language you belive in or that looks and feels good to you.

icohdcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:12:28 PM

There are a lot of bitcoin projects built with Python.

Large ones (Electrum, Armory), libraries and utility scripts.

If I am starting a larger bitcoin project I would probably prefer a language with static type checking but still has similar memory safety (like C# or Java/Kotlin)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: