Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:37:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinstore and Coinbase?  (Read 558 times)
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 09:06:55 AM

In the Bitcoinstore checkout page there is a statement, "Please do NOT use Coinbase if you wish to receive your order."

What's the deal with that?

I can't think of a reason why there should be a problem when sending from a Coinbase shared eWallet, but whatever the case, the way it's written without any clarification is very unprofessional. It sounds as if Bitcoinstore has some personal beef with Coinbase.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 05:35:51 AM

Previously, Coinbase was taking days before actually broadcasting the transactions to the network,  and it was causing a huge amount of trouble tracking down bitcoins that were sent so late, for orders that had long since expired.

Bitcoinstore.com loves the guys at coinbase and supports what they are doing.
This page will be updated ASAP.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 07:51:25 AM

In the Bitcoinstore checkout page there is a statement, "Please do NOT use Coinbase if you wish to receive your order."

What's the deal with that?

It sounds as if Bitcoinstore has some personal beef with Coinbase.

Yes, it should probably be written more objectively and with explanation like this:

Bitcoinstore's policy is to price goods in USD while using a current exchange rate and because of Coinbase's practice of not immediately broadcasting transactions therefore we highly recommend not using Coinbase's wallet to pay for orders since there is a high likelihood their transaction broadcast delays will cause unnecessary disruption for both us and you.

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 07:58:55 AM

I actually requested to have the text changed to:

Bitcoinstore's policy is to price goods in USD while using a current exchange rate. Because hosted wallets often don't immediately broadcast transactions, we highly recommend not using hosted wallets to pay for orders since there is a high likelihood their transaction broadcast delays will cause unnecessary disruption for both us and you.  Examples of hosted wallets NOT to use for this kind of payment are www.mtgox.com www.bitstamp.net and www.coinbase.com
Bitcoinstore.com recommends our users use the bitcoin wallets from www.blockchain.info/wallet or http://electrum.org/

Please feel free to add any additional critiques.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 06:13:58 PM

Previously, Coinbase was taking days before actually broadcasting the transactions to the network,  and it was causing a huge amount of trouble tracking down bitcoins that were sent so late, for orders that had long since expired.

Bitcoinstore.com loves the guys at coinbase and supports what they are doing.
This page will be updated ASAP.
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know hosted wallets have such delays.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: