Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:54:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: a word for all worried people....  (Read 220 times)
barneystinson

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:49:30 AM

late in 2011, i made my first BTC transaction on October 30 of that year.
I remember the first few times Bitcoin and alts making huge moves up and down, and
I, unfortunately, let the market's volatility decide my moves for me. I'd be a millionaire
many times over now if I had just held on and had the courage of my convictions.

It can be difficult, loved ones and media declaring crypto deceased every other month,
but don't let it get to you. We are strong, we are capable. We will last. It's easy to say
"ignore the volatility", but I understand wanting to watch your investment and see how it does. But this is long-term, just remember that.
don't worry just hold your coins, don't sell and wait for it.
Thanks for sharing your story. We should have more of this from guys like you who have been into btc from the early days. This kind of stories is what the newbies need for encouragement and putting their trust into BTC's futures. We dont want any FUD to make them lose their hope and trust in btc. We need to hear success stories from btc hodlers and believers.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:00:39 AM

I remember the first few times Bitcoin and alts making huge moves up and down, and
I, unfortunately, let the market's volatility decide my moves for me. I'd be a millionaire
many times over now if I had just held on and had the courage of my convictions.

It can be difficult, loved ones and media declaring crypto deceased every other month,
but don't let it get to you. We are strong, we are capable. We will last. It's easy to say
"ignore the volatility", but I understand wanting to watch your investment and see how it does. But this is long-term, just remember that.

Yes, optimistic and realistic at the same time, if we were not afraid once we could be rich now. So we should learn from mistakes.
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:06:07 AM

Great words for people who just started trading. It is not easy to just say don't sell your coins because not all people have the same tolerance and level of patience but what you need to do is control first your emotions. Once you can control your emotions then the rest of your attitude towards bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will just follow. It won't be easy but it will be worth it once you can handle to hold your coins, best you'd hold them for long term rather than short term.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Well at least someone really has said it. This is what I have always been talking about on almost every post I make for quite some time now. To always do their research and look back on the past years of bitcoins and other altcoins so that they can get a grasp on what is really happening. So they can really see that somehow there really is a pattern here. Although I cannot say that it is very accurate, but it can really save you from all the worries and big losses. And it would also really help if they just take into consideration the most over said advice here in the crypto world which is only invest money that you can afford to lose. Although doing this will never really get rid of your worries since it is still your money that you have invested, at least it will minimize the panic when all you get to see on your portfolio are red. But beware, because even if holding really pays off(on some coins of course), you will have to observe properly the coin you are invested in. Because no two crypto currencies are exactly the same. Meaning, you will really have to set a mark or a realistic number of profit in your portfolio that you need to reach so you can sell. Never let your greed or panic cloud your decisions, if you really believe in that investment, then go ahead and hold. And when you get to the mark, even when you think you know that it isn't the peak rise yet, take your capital and look for other investments or buy more on corrections. Remember that it is better to regret not getting the amount of profit you could've gotten than to regret because you lost all your potential profits together with your capital.

I may have probably said too much, I just got carried away. but anyways, thanks for this great post man, you deserve a merit so imma give you one. Smiley
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:03:17 PM

Right man, we need to be a little patient, not crazy like those people you are talking. the interesting thing is, they are opposing bitcoin and worries just for nothing!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: