Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A message from Anonymous  (Read 836 times)
BouerBouer (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 02:00:38 PM

Hey guys, I got linked this video by one of those Omegle spam things, but it turned out to be a lot more interesting than I thought...

Anonymous - A Public Service Announcement

I don't know about you, but they definitely got my attention now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:35:44 AM

So much hacking is sponsored by Government I don't give credence to and of these so called Hacking outfits.  Just like the War on Terror it's meant to make people afraid of the Internet so the Government can come in and regulate and control it to keep us all safe.
BenRayfield

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:51:33 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2011, 06:02:11 AM by BenRayfield

Because of the decentralization of Anonymous, it is many groups of people which probably overlap some. Some of those groups allegedly hacked at financial computers and made threats, but this video and the forum it links to say they want a peaceful revolution.

http://www.whatis-theplan.org/t1-what-is-the-plan
While some may think that being Anonymous requires concealing one's identity, this is simply not the case. Identity matters not to a member of Anonymous. While some who practice online activist acts (hacktivism), certainly desire to keep their true identity secret for security purposes, others whom you will find in this community understand that who they are does not matter so much as what they stand for. In Anonymous there are no leaders, no figure-heads, no designated spokesmen...as each of us are all of these things in our own right. We have taken the initiative to rise to the occasion and stand firm against the oppressive and destructive forces that have laid waste to our world and raped our way of life.

Society today is organized based on who more than what. Who is that group you're a member of that we're for or against. Who did you vote for? Not what ideas did you vote for.

For years I've talked about reorganizing society in a more decentralized way based on content of ideas instead of who said them, who should be paid for them, etc. As decentralized software gives us more tools, we will build that society.

I've joined this one of Anonymous's forums as BenRayfield. Whatever one says, will be taken more seriously if they use their real name. Governments have secret meetings because they're scared of what people would do if they knew what was really going on. I'll help redesign society completely out in the open, and each time I make a little progress, governments will become that much more scared that I'm doing publicly what they can only do secretly, so who (or should I say what strategies) really has more power? As long as they're keeping it peaceful and trying to build a better society, I'll support Anonymous, but not those aggressive members you hear about in the news.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: