Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:37:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628597 times)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:48:20 AM

The Price at Kraken DID NEVER reach 2000€/BTC or higher yet.

These are bugs in trade engine or anything like that. That happens usually ~once a month, but in times like this it happens more often...

Nearly every exchange is unreliable at the moment.. also bitstamp has stuck orderbook quite often these days...

If it didn't reach that price why would Kraken site itself list it as the high price today? Were is it getting the data if not from its own trading engine?

Are you really sure no trades were executed at that high price after bypassing the entire order book?

Is there any place I can access a log of all trades executed?
Cause it is a bug in trade engine from kraken, not from the chart sites.
Only one single order is matched at this high price, skipping all the other orders.
(so yes one trade was executed at this high price, but I wanted to say, that it is correct that your sell order was not matched. The bug was that single high trade. And the bug happend several times withing the past 12 hours)

Dargo will explain shortly how the bug can happen.

But the explanation does not help much, since it is still a bug, that exists several years now and still not fixed...
Kraken is working on new trade engine... (slowly)

So the conclusion is that it did in fact bypass the entire order book and do a trade at an extremely high price. So, what happens with the poor guy that was liquidated or bought at that price?

Let's see if when Dargo comes back he can do a technical explanation of how the logic of the code can just ignore the next following price/order in the order book and go on higher before executing the trade.

Maybe if he shares the source code we could not only understand how and  in what "exceptional" (?) circumstances it can happen but also contribute and fix it for once.

Yes, the spikes we are seeing right now are due to an issue with the trade engine. The spikes are low volume and due to small orders (or small parts of larger orders). It's not due to the logic of the code ignoring or skipping orders that it can see. It's rather due to the trade engine very briefly only seeing a few orders and as a result matching them out of context of the other orders. It's the first time I've heard of this particular issue, so I'm not sure how long it's been an issue, but the frequency of it right now is probably related to the current very high volume. We are working to mitigate the issue, but the permanent fix will probably come as @Serpens66 says with the new trade engine. The new trade engine is hopefully coming in a matter of weeks, but we don't have a specific ETA at this time.    

Hi Dargo, at least you are recognizing the problem and not trying to hide it or making absurd excuses about it. My kudos for that.

I hope you guys understand the critical nature of this misbehaviour in the trading engine (the core of the business of a TRADING exchange), as not only there might be some people directly affected by those extremely high/low trades (every trade has two sides), but also because for us traders it is very confussing to do activity when:

1- Don't know when will be the next time the engine won't follow the order book and just act on its own.

2- We can't rely on the charts as we cannot be sure what spikes are real and which aren't. How can we set up our "scalping" orders based on contaminated data?

3- I can't even imagine what kind of havoc this is causing on people using bots for their trading.

4- We don't know if next time the trading misbehaves it will result in a extremely unfavorable trade for us, with the corresponding loss of money... or for people trading on margin what would happen if the prices spikes to $XXXXX and forces a liquidation based on that NON REAL price? It's SCARY. Very.

I would prefer a slower trading engine and cope up with the lag than one that skips ANY order in the order book. I understand that would probably mean less trades processed and thus a lower revenue for Kraken... I also understand that almost all exchanges are having problems to cope with current growth of crypto but, please guys, fix it. I am worried it could get even worse if it isn't.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:47:46 AM

It's the first time I've heard of this particular issue, so I'm not sure how long it's been an issue, but the frequency of it right now is probably related to the current very high volume.

I reported this particular issue more than 3 years ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg4376913#msg4376913

There have been other reports as well, scattered throughout the thread, so it may have been known for even longer. It used to happen quite rarely, once every few weeks or even less frequently. I suppose that the uptick in these incidents is due to the increased volume. But the issue itself is far from new.

edit: Reading further, it seems that Serpens66 spotted it a month before me as well. Also, you reported in Jan 2014 that you would be looking into it Smiley
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:23:47 PM

edit: Reading further, it seems that Serpens66 spotted it a month before me as well. Also, you reported in Jan 2014 that you would be looking into it Smiley
Wow. How the flying fuck does Kraken get away with this bullshit, for soooo long (rhetorical question)? The complacency is almost criminal.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:41:47 PM

Jesus H Christ, what a bunch of amateurs!!
Can't even withdraw to get the hell out of here.
This sure smells like MtGox.
Gurr

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:48:31 PM

Hello, I openend an account and went through the verification process by filling in tiers 1 and 2 last weekend. It is 3 days later now, and I would really like to start trading. Does somebody now how long it usually takes before you can start trading with tier 2? I also contacted Kraken about it with requeste number 288621.

Kind regards

I have the exact same issue. I verified tier 1, 2 and 3 over 24h ago. Still only "processing" on all of them. I wanted to buy ICN for a couple thousand dollars yesterday around 0.90 USD and now it's up to 1.40 USD! Kind of painful haha Smiley

But since it seems that a lot of people are experiencing the verification process "issues" I wonder if there is any fix to it? Or has Kraken said something officially?

According to their "FAQ" it says Tier 1-2 usually take a few minutes to verify.
same issue here

@flekkelek - if you make a support request and post the request number here, we can try to speed up the process for you.

@Dargo - Is it possible for you to help me as well? I have the same issue as flekkelek.
My support request number is: 293090
Durgar

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:49:20 PM

How am I supposed to make anything out of the charts when it's filled with bs like this:

http://i67.tinypic.com/vevs7.png

P.S. This is getting more frequent
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:56:45 PM

How am I supposed to make anything out of the charts when it's filled with bs like this:

P.S. This is getting more frequent

Welcome to the Club Durgar!

What I am doing is using other exchange charts to avoid being fooled by Kraken one and then inserting my limit orders blindly. Not doing bad as others traders are probably trading even more blindly than I am.

After a while you get used to it. It's almost as fun as MtGOX was.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:37:13 PM

It's the first time I've heard of this particular issue, so I'm not sure how long it's been an issue, but the frequency of it right now is probably related to the current very high volume.

I reported this particular issue more than 3 years ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg4376913#msg4376913

There have been other reports as well, scattered throughout the thread, so it may have been known for even longer. It used to happen quite rarely, once every few weeks or even less frequently. I suppose that the uptick in these incidents is due to the increased volume. But the issue itself is far from new.

You reported similar behavior, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the same cause. What I'm saying is that this is the first time I've heard about this particular cause of price spikes from our developers. That doesn't mean it hasn't been around for a long time, I'm just saying I'm not sure how long it's been around since this is the first I've heard of this cause (again, cause, not the behavior). We've had other issues in the past that have caused similar spikes (like the bid>ask issue that has been discussed here before). Probably the behavior you saw 3 years ago was from the bid>ask issue.
KaTXi

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 03:45:22 PM

You reported similar behavior, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the same cause. What I'm saying is that this is the first time I've heard about this particular cause of price spikes from our developers. That doesn't mean it hasn't been around for a long time, I'm just saying I'm not sure how long it's been around since this is the first I've heard of this cause (again, cause, not the behavior). We've had other issues in the past that have caused similar spikes (like the bid>ask issue that has been discussed here before). Probably the behavior you saw 3 years ago was from the bid>ask issue.

Please Dargo, check your PM inbox. I'm affected by the execution "out of the order book" bug...

Poollo.com. Multi-Coin Anonymous Pool, No need to register!! Mine with us at 0.9% fees only.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:48:04 PM

Please Dargo, check your PM inbox. I'm affected by the execution "out of the order book" bug...

Yes, I already forwarded your ticket to the support team, along with all the other requests that have been posted here or sent to me by DM. 
jorismaillet

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:03:16 PM

Hello

I also recently created a Kraken account. 3 days later, tier 1 and tier2 are still in "processing"

My request id is 288392

Thank you for your help!
Superphu

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:32:08 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 04:48:13 PM by Superphu

Hey dargo,
I just can't withdraw my btc ? please help me.
I'm also not having any pending orders and why is all my money shown in withheld(converted)
what is this?

id: AA62 N84G 6TE3 223A
Bimbleminer

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:53:53 PM

Hi,

Just to clarify can I set Stop Loss <= Market order for example to sell during large dips safely? I'm now paranoid about setting them and walking away but finding them triggered due to the spikes. The graph glitches are annoying but I can put up with those.

I'd really like to be able to go to sleep in the knowledge that I can see some return. Being in the UK the real activity is invariably when I should be asleep!
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:57:31 PM

@Dargo, can you please pass on to the web devs that it would be useful for the 'funds' amount shown on the trade platform (trade.kraken.com) to show available funds rather than total funds?  If I have lots of buys in on various coins I have to go back and do the math to figure out what I have available for new orders.  It would be more useful if it was already calculated so that if I wanted to go all in on a new buy, with whatever isn't already reserved on other orders, I could just see that total in that field.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:07:17 PM

Hi,

Just to clarify can I set Stop Loss <= Market order for example to sell during large dips safely? I'm now paranoid about setting them and walking away but finding them triggered due to the spikes. The graph glitches are annoying but I can put up with those.

I'd really like to be able to go to sleep in the knowledge that I can see some return. Being in the UK the real activity is invariably when I should be asleep!

My experience with stop loss has made me to avoid them completely. They will almost always execute late and at the worst possible price, especially during down spikes (ie: It will trigger at the bottom of it). But hey. that's just me. You could set up a stop-loss limit order.... but it will probably not run unless the price is already on the rebound upwards.

Maybe Dargo can guarantee you a better outcome, but I wouln't count on it.

Bonez0r

Activity: 141
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:22:03 PM

Why is my Bitgo "INSTANT" transaction still pending after 12 minutes? I was hoping to make a little arbitrage profit, but it looks like i might actually lose money. If this is going to be the standard for Bitgo, i'm using normal BTC transactions from now on.
unknow_catch

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:27:09 PM

Hello, I openend an account and went through the verification process by filling in tiers 1 and 2 last weekend. It is 3 days later now, and I would really like to start trading. Does somebody now how long it usually takes before you can start trading with tier 2? I also contacted Kraken about it with requeste number 288621.

Kind regards

I have the exact same issue. I verified tier 1, 2 and 3 over 24h ago. Still only "processing" on all of them. I wanted to buy ICN for a couple thousand dollars yesterday around 0.90 USD and now it's up to 1.40 USD! Kind of painful haha Smiley

But since it seems that a lot of people are experiencing the verification process "issues" I wonder if there is any fix to it? Or has Kraken said something officially?

same issue here

@flekkelek - if you make a support request and post the request number here, we can try to speed up the process for you.

Hello, I openend an account and went through the verification process by filling in tiers 1 and 2 last weekend. It is 4 days later now, and I would really like to start trading. I also contacted Kraken about it with requeste number 288621. Hopefully you can help me aswell.

Kind regards
Family Time

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:47:52 PM

Kind regards

same issue here

Hello, I openend an account and went through the verification process by filling in tiers 1 and 2 last weekend. It is 4 days later now, and I would really like to start trading. I also contacted Kraken about it with requeste number 288621. Hopefully you can help me aswell.

Kind regards

I registered an account about five days ago but it seems I might have somehow put my surname in the wrong spot. Oops. I registered a new account with correct information and am wondering if there is anything I can do to speed up verification? I appreciate your help.

Request number 294344
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:06:07 PM

Hi,

It appears that the spikes aren't triggering stop losses (which is good, because it would be crazy otherwise, now the situation is rather limited except for messed up charts). So any stop loss you place should only be triggered by actual price-movements.
Bimbleminer

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:22:29 PM

Hi,

It appears that the spikes aren't triggering stop losses (which is good, because it would be crazy otherwise, now the situation is rather limited except for messed up charts). So any stop loss you place should only be triggered by actual price-movements.

Cheers as yeah if it was triggering lots of orders everyone would leave pretty quickly!
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: