Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 349 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628507 times)
CryptoTeng

Activity: 167
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:19:29 PM

Thanks for your patience.

Trading on your platform requires more than patience: Total error rate already above 91% again.

And your devs are working soooooooo hard on solving the problem. (you probably meant "hardly working" and not "working hard")

Stop your freaking lies, get out of crypto land, & leave running a trading platform to professionals

Correction: Total error rate above 95%

Well, done, still intentionally misleading customers. One for the Kraken....wicked!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:39:51 PM

Trading on your platform requires more than patience: Total error rate already above 91% again.

And your devs are working soooooooo hard on solving the problem. (you probably meant "hardly working" and not "working hard")

Stop your freaking lies, get out of crypto land, & leave running a trading platform to professionals

Correction: Total error rate above 95%

Well, done, still intentionally misleading customers. One for the Kraken....wicked!!!!

Next update: Error rate closing in on 97%
Upcomingdiamondinvestor

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:44:53 PM

I am a non US resident and I want to transfer funds from my bank account in the US. Does Kraken have an account in the US where transfers can be made to or must all transfers made to your account in Japan?
pehoko

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:39:36 PM

+1
First step - froze all altcoins and stop trading.
Second step - trade only btc (as was years ago), as seems your 4 months old "new platform" doesn't work any more.
Third step - don't lie people and let them withdraw their funds from your broken exchange
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:49:18 PM

+1
Second step - trade only btc (as was years ago), as seems your 4 months old "new platform" doesn't work any more.
Third step - don't lie people and let them withdraw their funds from your broken exchange

next update: we have reached an incredible 99.63% error rate over the last 92 orders to be placed!

Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:02:57 PM

I am a non US resident and I want to transfer funds from my bank account in the US. Does Kraken have an account in the US where transfers can be made to or must all transfers made to your account in Japan?

Hi Upcomingdiamondinvestor. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Non-us residents can only withdraw to a bank outside of the US. Please see https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/204061046-How-do-I-deposit-USD-into-my-account-non-US-Resident- for more details.

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
crypt0dude

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:31:56 AM

@iCoinWatch You probably are not being helped, because you're pretty rude and disrespectful. Would you help someone who's constantly blaming and flaming you?

Sure, Kraken is slow and have some problems with the website and it's a huge issue for daytraders. For swing traders and short/mid/long term investors, it's no biggie.

Compared to other exchanges, I regard Kraken to be the most reputable company out there. It's only one of the three regulated crypto exchanges and has a lot of liquidity.
The only time I had contact with support was with my verification and they always responded within a few hours. The conversations were always pleasant and professional. This is not Mt. Gox, far and the complete opposite from the aforementioned points. One might have flashbacks because some of the issues are the same, but other exchanges like gdax and polo suffered from those as well and they're doing fine now as well.

I'm a software engineer and entrepreneur (disclosure: not for hiring  Wink). I've built backends in the past and it seems the issues are caused by http requests, they simply cannot handle the load. You should replace them with web sockets and most if not all the unresponsive problems should be easily fixed and scaling will be possible to grow your enterprise with a cluster of more cdn nodes. This could take a while though, which most people do not understand who never coded themselves, depending if a new team of devs takes over and the unit testing that needs to be done, but it can be done and have trust it will be done. The custom made website is much better than your competitors, imho and never been hacked, so props to that.

Instead of bitching, maybe send some good luck and positive thoughts towards Kraken Team.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:43:11 AM

@iCoinWatch You probably are not being helped, because you're pretty rude and disrespectful. Would you help someone who's constantly blaming and flaming you?

Sure, Kraken is slow and have some problems with the website and it's a huge issue for daytraders. For swing traders and short/mid/long term investors, it's no biggie.

With all due respect, but even for "swing traders and short/mid/long term investors" this site is a horror. Yesterday error rates reached more than 99% on placement API calls.

Maybe the constant flaming has something to do with Kraken's disrespectful behavior towards customers here and also when clients use the service tool. From our side we totally can understand iCoinWatch. In the past we have received several disrespectful answers when contacting them via their websites request tool. And most important, even when it takes time to improve. Kraken had sufficient time to improve the performance (we are talking months now the problems continuously occur, and if something has changed then it was for the worst.

Also, even when other exchanges had the same issues these exchanges changes something to improve their performance. Kraken however gives as much as horse excrement about improving their systems.

The only thing happening are the same old excuses and lies towards customers and clients to lure or keep them lured in, and maybe taking care of a few requests when they where posted in forums like this one.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:53:48 AM

....The custom made website is much better than your competitors, imho and never been hacked, so props to that.

Instead of bitching, maybe send some good luck and positive thoughts towards Kraken Team.

Their website....mmmh...seriously doubting your competence as software engineer now. When using the site your system's RAM usage goes skywards, and your systems speed would be to slow for slug race. I.e., before starting the website RAM usage by the browsers was around 250MB, after starting the website, within 15min the RAM usage was already at 1GB, roughly half a hour later the browser crashes due to insufficient memory. Seeing that it was possible to repeat this issues several time by starting the Kraken website, and the system runs smooth without having the Kraken website open tells me that their website is causing these issues.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:01:00 AM

....The custom made website is much better than your competitors, imho and never been hacked, so props to that.

Their website....mmmh...seriously doubting your competence as software engineer now. When using the site your system's RAM usage goes skywards, and your systems speed would be to slow for slug race. I.e., before starting the website RAM usage by the browsers was around 250MB, after starting the website, within 15min the RAM usage was already at 1GB, roughly half a hour later the browser crashes due to insufficient memory. Seeing that it was possible to repeat this issues several time by starting the Kraken website, and the system runs smooth without having the Kraken website open tells me that their website is causing these issues.

It does happen to my browser crashing when loading kraken site, I'd have to use another browser light weight browser for it.  I don't know about that RAM issues but this is just what I'm experiencing with Kraken. They really need to fix all these or they'd be losing clients.
Upcomingdiamondinvestor

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:32:43 AM

I deposited money (USD) yesterday and just received a message that the money was deposited to my Kraken account. This is very fast compared to what I have been reading of late. This is my first transfer. I checked my Kraken account it seems the dollars is being converted to euros before it could be used for trading. Is that correct? So I can't use the dollars to trade directly?. My trade balance is shown in Euros not dollars. Why is that?
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:51:16 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 08:17:31 AM by CryptoTeng

What your balance shows depends on the markets you selected (theres a little selector for markets), i.e., when BTC/EUR market is selected the balance is shown in EUR.
You can trade directly with your dollars anyway. just go to the BTC/USD market (or any other crypto/dollar market).

Addition:
It could be that your funds were converted to EURs if you send them to a EUR bank, but I'm not 100% sure on this.
lupuwolf

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:45:51 AM

I have spent the last hour (8-9AM GMT) trying to close a short position which was on profit and just closed it now on LOSS...thx...

@crypt0dude I'm very familiar with scaling challenges and Kraken does not have a "http requests" problem but a strategy/management one. You cannot handle peoples money this bad for so long. There is no transparency with what is going on, no communication, no time-frame, nothing etc. "Our dev are working hard on fixing" is not an answer. You cannot have your dev team work on your site on "black-friday" to optimize/scale it, you have to prepare for that long before.

Looking at trading volume kraken has more than $3mil monthly revenue, renting 100x high performance physical(baremetal) servers not that virtual machine rubbish, costs no more than $40k(which is obviously overkill). So why are we getting so many cloudflare errors? Api-enpoint failures? Is it because key systems where designed to scale just vertically or because they didn't bother to automate the horizontal scaling process and now is failing!?

I have registered specially to post this because recent comments said that things might have gotten back to normal which is just not true.

I hope Kraken get's back on track soon, but in the mean time somebody should tell us what is going on!!
CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:55:58 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 11:13:00 AM by CryptoTeng

I have spent the last hour (8-9AM GMT) trying to close a short position which was on profit and just closed it now on LOSS...thx...

@crypt0dude I'm very familiar with scaling challenges and Kraken does not have a "http requests" problem but a strategy/management one. You cannot handle peoples money this bad for so long. There is no transparency with what is going on, no communication, no time-frame, nothing etc. "Our dev are working hard on fixing" is not an answer. You cannot have your dev team work on your site on "black-friday" to optimize/scale it, you have to prepare for that long before.

Looking at trading volume kraken has more than $3mil monthly revenue, renting 100x high performance physical(baremetal) servers not that virtual machine rubbish, costs no more than $40k(which is obviously overkill). So why are we getting so many cloudflare errors? Api-enpoint failures? Is it because key systems where designed to scale just vertically or because they didn't bother to automate the horizontal scaling process and now is failing!?

I have registered specially to post this because recent comments said that things might have gotten back to normal which is just not true.

I hope Kraken get's back on track soon, but in the mean time somebody should tell us what is going on!!

+1

On 97 orders to be placed:
118 Eservice unavailables
1 Eservice: Busy
Total calls 97 + 118 + 1 = 216

Eservice unavailables: 118 /216*100%= 54.63%
Eservice Busy: 1 /216*100%= 0.46%
Unknowns: 89/216= 41.20% of total calls (unknowns need to be checked whether placed or not in open orders, therefore counted as error in API responses)

Total error rate = (118 + 1 + 89)/216*100% = 96.30%
Service non-existing....

@cryt0dude: Errors are constantly above 80%, recently even above 90%. Just check our error logs presented in the past. We call this unacceptable. Especially since Kraken does not warn new clients on their website about their standard state of performance which is abysmal. Therefore they are intentionally misleading potential new clients. We call that close to, if not already criminal behavior. Furthermore, current clients should get a massive refund, as Kraken's service has been close non-existent for several months now. Only sporadically the system works fine. To be plain, it should be the other way around, system working fine normally, and maybe some sporadic errors.
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:18:30 AM

+2
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:48:07 PM

+1
A relaunch of the site would be nice. Either as you suggested in a reduced form, later rebuilding the code parts as needed when adding new trade pairs or more complex order options. Krakens biggest advantage had been trailing stop loss and other stuff not offered by plain sites.

How about open sourced trading backends? I know there are some available, when the china ban forced some sites to close shop at least one published their platform's source.
t1Zona

Activity: 283
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:31:33 PM

I've trying to buy/sell some coins during these last two weeks but the orders never make it. Is it always like this?

I get into Kraken by recommendation of some people but I'm a little bit dissapointed (not too angry becasue my bitcoins that I can't trade are going up  Grin ).

CryptoTeng

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:41:27 PM

I've trying to buy/sell some coins during these last two weeks but the orders never make it. Is it always like this?

I get into Kraken by recommendation of some people but I'm a little bit dissapointed (not too angry becasue my bitcoins that I can't trade are going up  Grin ).

It is more or less always like this. We presented and will continue to present error logs of our auto system, just scroll through the pages, and you will see that placement error rates are generally abysmal.

+1

On 97 orders to be placed:
118 Eservice unavailables
1 Eservice: Busy
Total calls 97 + 118 + 1 = 216

Eservice unavailables: 118 /216*100%= 54.63%
Eservice Busy: 1 /216*100%= 0.46%
Unknowns: 89/216= 41.20% of total calls (unknowns need to be checked whether placed or not in open orders, therefore counted as error in API responses)

Total error rate = (118 + 1 + 89)/216*100% = 96.30%
Service non-existing....

And dont get hopes for any changes soon. We have been told too many times that Kraken's dev are working hard on a solution that we think that they are rather "hardly working" on a solution. Until now, things only got worse. Worst of all that no warnings are given to customers except weird little status pages which give Kraken's own rather too positive interpretation of current problems.

My recommendation to you would be to leave Kraken ASAP, and go to another trading platform.
Lostworld

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:15:29 PM

Greetings.

I need to buy $ 18,000 in Bitcoin. The last time I used Kraken, my deposit became effective in one day.

The problem is that now my bank, it takes a month to make the transfers effective ...

Do you consider it risky to transfer $ 18,000 to Kraken knowing that it will be effective in a month?

What if Kraken with so many problems does not exist in a month?

Do you know of another place to buy BTC by international transfer at market price? or at the lowest possible price?

My options are Xapo and CEX.IO, but these 2 sell 3% to 5% above the market price normally.

What other Exchanges do you recommend?

Thank you.
gregi1

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:49:52 PM

One hour? Because their site was broken and wouldn't allow me to see open positions I was unable to close a significant short for over 6 months, when the price was rising from 2000EUR
to 4500EUR and eventually got liquidated on a relatively small rise after one margin call in the middle o the night.

Total loss: five figures.  Compensation from Kraken: low two figures in credits, which I can't event make use of, because it's impossible to trade. Stay away, there's better places to lose your money.
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 349 »
  Print  

Jump to: