Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628600 times)
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 03:53:28 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 01:08:31 PM by btcx
Merited by redsn0w (2), OgNasty (1)

I’m happy to announce that today, after 4 months of public testing, Kraken is moving on from beta.  Live trading is now open and available.  I hope you enjoy the service.

Pairs available to trade:
XBT/USD
XBT/EUR
XBT/XRP
USD/XRP
EUR/XRP
USD/XVN
EUR/XVN
XBT/XVN
XBT/LTC
LTC/USD
LTC/EUR
LTC/XRP
XBT/NMC
NMC/USD
NMC/EUR
NMC/XRP
KRW/XRP
LTC/KRW
NMC/KRW
XBT/KRW
EUR/XDG
LTC/XDG
NMC/XDG
USD/XDG
XBT/XDG
ETH/XBT
ETH/USD
ETH/EUR
ETH/GBP
ETH/JPY
ETH/CAD

Services that appeared in Beta that are not available at launch:
GBP pairs
Margin trading

If all goes according to plan (as usual), we’ll reintroduce these services within 1 month.

Customer service:
I like to follow Tony Hsieh’s advice to under-promise and over-deliver.  We’ve had a few thousand users in beta for a few months and we think we’ve got most of the kinks worked out but we didn’t have to deal with funding and KYC in beta either.  It is our intent to make this a relatively quiet launch and slow rollout in order to give ourselves time to scale our staff according to our service demands.   If you’re among the first, you’re among the brave and we appreciate your patience and help in getting us started. For that, we offer you discounted trading fees, and love, of course—at least during the first month Wink

Communication channels:
site:  https://support.kraken.com
email:  support@kraken.com
Twitter:  @KrakenFX
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/KrakenFX
Reddit:  http://www.reddit.com/r/Kraken
Bitcointalk:  btcx, Dargo, klausbl

Bug Bounty continues:
At this point, we’re only paying for security problems but we appreciate any bug reports.  More on the bug bounty:  https://www.kraken.com/security/bug-bounty

Regulatory situation:
Our business is compliance, and we have this exchange we sometimes work on in our spare time.  Payward has led the charge in the formation of DATA and we are committed to operating only where we can operate legally.  As a consumer, you may find this inconvenient and as a business it does put us at an immediate competitive disadvantage.  The industry has, unfortunately, seen where shortcuts take us and our long view is that the only way out is through.

Bank situation:
You’d think once you’ve got full written clearance from regulators that banks would just open you up an account but it ain’t so.  Turns out banks are extremely concerned about “reputational risk” and skittish about touching anything remotely related to Bitcoin.  It took months and months of globetrotting and dead ends to find even one bank that would work with us.  Now we’ve got a few but there is always the chance that one or all of them will arbitrarily close our accounts.  That said, we’ve got good relationships, our banks know exactly what we’re doing and we’re operating legally wherever we’re operating.

Jurisdictions serviced at launch:
In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.  In some US states we offer Digital Currency <-> Digital Currency trading.  In fewer US states we offer DC <-> National Currency trading.

In most of the world we offer both DC<->DC trading and DC<->NC trading.  In no part of the world do we offer NC<->NC trading.  There are a few countries, including Germany, that have shown a particular interest in DC recently where we have opted not to operate until we have explicit regulatory clearance.
Some countries deemed high AML risk, including Afghanistan and Iran, are not serviced whatsoever at this time.  We recognize that many countries with the highest risk ratings are among those who would see the greatest benefit from currency choice but we have to pick our battles.

Upon registration, your confirmation email will inform you of the services available to you at this time.

Getting verified:
The law requires we know who you are and where you are.  Lube up—this is going to be no different than opening a bank account.  If you’re looking to launder money anonymously, I hear World of Warcraft has no AML/KYC requirements.

Tier 0 – you can poke around but you can’t deposit, withdraw or make any trades.
Tier 1 – you can deposit, withdraw and trade in digital currency only.
Tier 2 – you can deposit, withdraw and trade in both digital currency and national currency.
Tier 3 – like Tier 2 but with higher funding limits.  (may take a few days to process)
Tier 4 – like Tier 3 but with even higher funding limits.

Processing – your verification information is being reviewed.  Processing may be delayed for any of the following reasons:  IP address and stated jurisdiction mismatch, user under minimum age requirement, unable to verify name, unable to verify address, unable to read document scans/photos, unable to verify notarization.

Verified – you’ve passed verification and your account is functioning at the highest ‘Verified’ tier.

Pre-Verified – you’ve passed verification but your account activity is limited to a lower tier pending regulatory approval in your jurisdiction.  For example, if you live in California, you may be Pre-Verified to Tier 3 but your account will be functioning at Tier 0 until we have clearance for CA, at which time your account will be automatically upgraded to Verified Tier 3.

Other stuff:
All beta accounts have been wiped and users will be required to register new accounts.
If you’ve been using the API, you will need to switch over from api.beta.kraken.com to api.kraken.com.

Questions?
Post 'em if you got 'em.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 03:53:52 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 08:36:52 PM by btcx

NOTICE for Verification:
If your verification at Tier1-2 has failed to complete within 30 minutes, or Tier3 within 2 business days, please submit a ticket to support.

NOTICE for Trading:
While the market is new and relatively illiquid, please be careful when placing Market orders--you may end up with a much different outcome than anticipated.  To be safe, place Limit orders only.

UPDATE 14/Sep/2013 01:01 PDT:
If you're in a jurisdiction where we can only offer digital currency<->digital currency trading and you're verified at Tier 1 but pre-verified beyond Tier 1, your deposit/withdrawal limits for DC are now upgraded to your pre-verified tier limits.  For example, if you're verified for Tier 1 and pre-verified for Tier 2, you'll still only be able to trade DC but your deposit/withdrawal limits will be at the higher Tier 2 limits.

UPDATE 09/Oct/2013 07:00 PDT:
Fidor Bank AG partnership announced.
http://www.coindesk.com/kraken-partners-fidor-bank-offer-bitcoin-trading-services/
http://forexmagnates.com/the-legitimization-of-bitcoin-kraken-partners-with-bafin-regulated-fidor-bank/
http://www.paymentssource.com/news/germanys-fidor-bank-to-work-with-kraken-virtual-currency-exchange-3015716-1.html
http://www.thebitcointrader.com/2013/10/krakencom-to-offer-digital-currency.html
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11211586.htm
http://www.presseportal.de/pm/64229/2572944/fidor-bank-ag-kooperiert-mit-bitcoin-handelsplattform-kraken-com/

UPDATE 20/Feb/2014 02:24 PST:
USD Deposits Temporarily Disabled

Unfortunately, we've reached the limit of our US bank's capacity to deal with the volume on our account. Many USD withdrawals have been delayed beyond a limit we can accept, and it reflects poorly on our service. Rather than continue to disappoint, we've decided to suspend USD deposits until a more robust banking partner is acquired. In the meantime, USD withdrawals and trading will continue to be available, though we strongly encourage USD traders to shift to our EUR pairs. Most major banks will allow you to send EUR even if your account only holds USD.

All pending USD withdrawals not already in transit will be canceled within 24 hours and users will have the funds available again.

In order to lighten the burden on USD withdrawals and speed up the process, we're offering a 2% bonus for users willing to convert their USD balances to EUR balances. You may then trade EUR or withdraw EUR. EUR withdrawals are generally processed within 1 business day. If your bank only supports USD, withdrawing EUR to it will likely result in a < 1% conversion fee. Please contact us for details.

If you still wish to receive your USD withdrawal, please resubmit it.

Personally, I want to apologize for the long delays some of you have experienced with your USD withdrawals. I know how important it is to have your money when you need it and we've failed to provide timely service. I have been pleased with our banking partner for EUR, and the level of service we've been able to provide there. I appreciate your patience while we navigate the treacherous waters of the legacy banking system. The weather is nice in San Francisco but I'm glad you're not picketing outside our office Smiley

UPDATE 20/Feb/2014 03:00 PST:
Dogecoin added.

UPDATE 21/Feb/2014 12:00 PST:
DGE changed to XDG, XXDG for API users.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:57:51 AM

+1
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:31:50 AM

Lube up—this is going to be no different than opening a bank account.  

This statement alone is going to make me use your service... so much win.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:32:33 AM

This should be your mascot, with this as the background music.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:47:32 AM

> In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.

I get the notice stating:
"Unfortunately, we cannot offer our services in your area at this time. " without actually sharing which U.S. state I am from.  

Was that decision made based on the IP address?  If so, that's not really accurate at the granularity of states.

Incidentally, ... nice work.   I mean really, ...  nice job!  Asking for my PGP (GPG) key so you can encrypt my e-mails?  Why isn't everyone doing that?   And two-factor.  Not just letting me configure it to require two-factor on withdrawals, but giving me the option to have a separate 2FA OTP for trading than the one I have for withdrawals.   Very impressive stuff!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:03:04 AM

what are VEN pairs?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:06:30 AM

> In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.

I get the notice stating:
"Unfortunately, we cannot offer our services in your area at this time. " without actually sharing which U.S. state I am from.  

Was that decision made based on the IP address?  If so, that's not really accurate at the granularity of states.

Incidentally, ... nice work.   I mean really, ...  nice job!  Asking for my PGP (GPG) key so you can encrypt my e-mails?  Why isn't everyone doing that?   And two-factor.  Not just letting me configure it to require two-factor on withdrawals, but giving me the option to have a separate 2FA OTP for trading than the one I have for withdrawals.   Very impressive stuff!

I don't think you can create a US account without giving the state. The state field may have been auto-filled and you didn't notice. Thanks for the compliment and stay tuned - we are working hard to bring our services to more US states.

I work for Payward (Kraken) as vouched for here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192104.msg1996470#msg1996470
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:08:16 AM

In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.

Guess I will not be able to try your service out. Good luck with your venture!

Well, keep in touch, hopefully you'll be able to use our service soon!
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:11:06 AM

what are VEN pairs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ven_(currency)

A Ven pair is just a currency pair that has Ven as one of the pairs - i.e. BTC/Ven
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 06:17:02 AM

Lube up—this is going to be no different than opening a bank account.  

This statement alone is going to make me use your service... so much win.

We'll see how you feel after you've been thoroughly probed Tongue

This should be your mascot, with this as the background music.

oh man, that takes me back.  great suggestion!

kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:19:39 AM

Where are you located?

btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Where are you located?

Most of the team is in San Francisco, CA.

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:51:13 AM

Too bad that even to make test trade one needs to give name and phone number :/  not really privacy friendly

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:59:01 AM

ID verification does not seem to work. after submitting a number of times, making sure some of the technicalities are correct (btw filesize on a text-only pdf does not make much sense)
my documents never show up in the list.
also, the file picker seems bugged sometimes.

needs more UI testing i would suggest some more closed beta Smiley
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 07:03:52 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 07:31:47 AM by btcx

Too bad that even to make test trade one needs to give name and phone number :/  not really privacy friendly

Too bad indeed.  We'll be adding a beta-like trial mode back shortly to enable people to test trading without actually having to deposit real funds and provide personal info.  In the meantime, harass your local lawmakers.

ID verification does not seem to work. after submitting a number of times, making sure some of the technicalities are correct (btw filesize on a text-only pdf does not make much sense)
my documents never show up in the list.
also, the file picker seems bugged sometimes.

needs more UI testing i would suggest some more closed beta Smiley

Thanks for the report!  We're aware of some issues with the tier 3 form and we're working to solve them now.  I'll post an update and PM you directly once we have it cleared up.

UPDATE - 2013-sep-09 00:30 PDT
Tier 3 doc upload problem is believed to be solved.  Please attempt to reupload any tier 3 verification docs.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 07:53:37 AM

I don't think you can create a US account without giving the state.

Ah, appears from looking at the sign up form that you are correct, I just didn't remember selecting a state. 

So, let's say that somehow I selected the wrong state.  Is there a way I can change the state associated with my profile?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:02:27 AM

I don't think you can create a US account without giving the state.

Ah, appears from looking at the sign up form that you are correct, I just didn't remember selecting a state. 

So, let's say that somehow I selected the wrong state.  Is there a way I can change the state associated with my profile?

Not available in Alaska.  I've not seen a list of states/availability but don't choose AK ;-)
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:05:13 AM

In the meantime, harass your local lawmakers.
i dont think that "Republica Moldovenească Nistreană" have any laws regarding this

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:07:00 AM

Will you consider adding a BTC/PPC trading pair?  Also in Safari for me the site doesn't work at all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: