Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:10:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628600 times)
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 08:17:38 AM

Ah, appears from looking at the sign up form that you are correct, I just didn't remember selecting a state.  

So, let's say that somehow I selected the wrong state.  Is there a way I can change the state associated with my profile?

You do have the opportunity to make a correction at the time you submit your Tier 1 info.

i dont think that "Republica Moldovenească Nistreană" have any laws regarding this

You're probably right.  Unfortunately, it's going to be a long and ongoing process trying to localize the service.  For now, we're sort of stuck catering to the requirements of the biggest markets.

Will you consider adding a BTC/PPC trading pair?  Also in Safari for me the site doesn't work at all.

We'll consider it but the requirement is basically dev cost + opportunity cost < anticipated PPC trading fees.  If the market is big enough, we'll add it.  Which OS/version for Safari?  Thanks for the report!

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:35:25 AM

This is pretty cool.

Will you allow USD deposits or deposits in other currencies just as Bitstamp does even if you can only trade in Euros?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:40:57 AM

i think there are compelling reasons to have a strong EUR market. bitstamp seems to be stuck on dollars, because of liquidity concerns. but this creates unwanted fees for converting between dollar/euro with their bank.

this is a gap that kraken could fill.
Herp

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:47:48 AM

i think there are compelling reasons to have a strong EUR market. bitstamp seems to be stuck on dollars, because of liquidity concerns. but this creates unwanted fees for converting between dollar/euro with their bank.

I now see their websites says:

We offer the following deposit options:

Bitcoin Deposit
    Litcoin Deposit
    SEPA Deposit (EUR only)
    Bank Wire Transfer (EUR only)
    Other deposit options (including USD deposits) coming soon.

So I guess USD deposits  are coming but no ETA on that. No mention of other currencies.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 08:50:18 AM

Bitcoin Deposit
    Litcoin Deposit
    SEPA Deposit (EUR only)

So I guess USD deposits  are coming but no ETA on that. No mention of other currencies.

Actually, you can wire us USD (and just about anything else) to our EUR account but it'll be converted to EUR and you'll be credited with EUR, and when you withdraw we'll send out EUR.  So, you may lose some on the exchange rate back and forth.  We'll eventually offer a number of other reserve currencies so you won't be forced to do the conversion and trade in EUR.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
Herp

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:11:09 AM

Bitcoin Deposit
    Litcoin Deposit
    SEPA Deposit (EUR only)

So I guess USD deposits  are coming but no ETA on that. No mention of other currencies.

Actually, you can wire us USD (and just about anything else) to our EUR account but it'll be converted to EUR and you'll be credited with EUR, and when you withdraw we'll send out EUR.  So, you may lose some on the exchange rate back and forth.  We'll eventually offer a number of other reserve currencies so you won't be forced to do the conversion and trade in EUR.

Nice. Won't hurt to specify that though. No way for customers to know. Most EURO accounts can't covert USD or other currencies automatically upon transfer. Few banks offer such option.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 09:31:49 AM

Nice to hear finally kraken launches, despite it had been quite some time, you guys are still faster than CoinSetter anyway. BTW with all those regulations around, does it mean that I can't start playing with kraken until I am 18? Thats only 2 years to go

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:53:55 AM

Congrats !
matonis

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 09:57:58 AM

Congratulations to Jesse and team! I participated in the beta and I have been following Kraken's progress over the months with great interest. It would be great if Kraken used the XBT designation for bitcoin.

Founding Director, Bitcoin Foundation
I also cover the bitcoin economy for Forbes, American Banker, PaymentsSource, and CoinDesk.
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 10:44:04 AM

Nice. Won't hurt to specify that though. No way for customers to know. Most EURO accounts can't covert USD or other currencies automatically upon transfer. Few banks offer such option.
For sure.  Good suggestion!

Nice to hear finally kraken launches, despite it had been quite some time, you guys are still faster than CoinSetter anyway. BTW with all those regulations around, does it mean that I can't start playing with kraken until I am 18? Thats only 2 years to go

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until you're 18 to take your business.  You could try convincing your parents in to trading for you in the meantime.

Congrats !

Thanks!

Congratulations to Jesse and team! I participated in the beta and I have been following Kraken's progress over the months with great interest. It would be great if Kraken used the XBT designation for bitcoin.

Thanks, Jon!  I'll bring up the XBT suggestion with the team.  I agree it's probably where things are headed anyway.

Sterling

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:37:19 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 12:11:22 PM by Sterling

Small bug for canadian address registration... need to input postal code in all caps for some reason. That's fine but no error message specifies what exactly is wrong with the postal code, and it took me a while to figure out what was going on!

Edit:

Level 3 verification error;

Identity document: Internal error
Proof of residence: Internal error

Documents are PNG, and ~1mb each.
RationalSpeculator

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:19:03 PM

Congrats Kraken! Smiley Love your name.

I am very surprised to see only EUR and not USD, what's the reason for this? (I understand you don't offer for legal reasons in US, but is not trading in USD also for legal reasons?)

On the other hand, I think it's a good idea to trade in EUR, indeed there is no successful EUR market. And bitstamp does cost money in constant USD/EUR conversion for all the Eurozone inhabitants. BTC24 proved that a EUR market can flourish.
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:42:45 PM

Awesome!
Sent my first 1 BTC. At Tier 1 I can only trade BCT/LTC. Waiting for my account to be upgraded to Tier 3  Grin

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Gerco

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:52:56 PM

I would like to open an account and I want to trade in USD/BTC and EUR/BTC. USD from a US bank account and EUR from an NL bank account. I'm just a little confused as to what to fill in in the registration form.

If I put US as country, will I still be able to use a EUR bank account for deposits/withdrawals?
If I put NL as country, will I still be able to use a US bank account for deposits/withdrawals?

Thanks!

OTC: gercod | Tip jar: 1KNxsZNsGf8RXbnjtiJN84kYVejSeK4bD8 | GPG Key: 8DA261EC572065FD
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:48:29 PM

Finally!

Best of lucks, we need some serious competition.

willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:57:09 PM

I would like to open an account and I want to trade in USD/BTC and EUR/BTC. USD from a US bank account and EUR from an NL bank account. I'm just a little confused as to what to fill in in the registration form.

If I put US as country, will I still be able to use a EUR bank account for deposits/withdrawals?
If I put NL as country, will I still be able to use a US bank account for deposits/withdrawals?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you put your country of residency.

Will

18RATTT

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:59:29 PM

congrats KRAKEN !!!

im so happy you have BTC/LTC, take notice GOX! take notice COINBASE!!

Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:54:27 PM

Why do I see the trading volume is zero?
What are your bank conversion rates for £ and USD?

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:08:09 PM

Why do I see the trading volume is zero?
What are your bank conversion rates for £ and USD?

Because there's still no BTC/FIAT trades?

Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:15:30 PM

It just launched. Sign on and get verified to trade.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: