Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:39:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628598 times)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:31:09 PM

We've decided to switch from EUR/LTC to LTC/EUR. However, we're going to stick with BTC/LTC (since LTC/BTC could potentially get very low in price and we want to avoid having too many decimal places). We've had to cancel all open EUR/LTC orders in order to make the switch.  We've emailed the users who had orders on to let them know. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that you'll find LTC/EUR easier to work with going forward.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:09:10 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2013, 01:40:43 AM by Dargo

Here's another announcement: We've gone through all the accounts that didn't verify at level 2. There were some we didn't pass, because we still couldn't confirm the address. So if you submitted for tier 2 verification, but don't have it yet, please contact us by creating a support ticket (and give us your public account ID - found under Account > Settings). We're planning on contacting people who didn't pass anyway, but it might go faster if you contact us.  

Edit: Also, if you are still waiting on Tier 1 verification, it might be best to contact us with a support ticket at this stage. If you are still waiting on Tier 3, hang in there, we'll get to you soon.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:14:49 AM

One of the things that are missing on all Bitcoin exchanges, including MtGox is a market maker. No Bitcoin exchange has that and it's one of the factors that contributes direly to the volatility. A market maker would ensure there will always be someone there to buy or sell to you, even if users themselves are not.

If you could partner with a business to provide such service or do it yourselves, you'd soon become the exchange of choice for everyone.

Informative video on the topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbSOHwCOnG0

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:43:21 AM

We've decided to switch from EUR/LTC to LTC/EUR. However, we're going to stick with BTC/LTC (since LTC/BTC could potentially get very low in price and we want to avoid having too many decimal places). We've had to cancel all open EUR/LTC orders in order to make the switch.  We've emailed the users who had orders on to let them know. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that you'll find LTC/EUR easier to work with going forward.

thank you for the switch
MykelSilver

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:26:10 PM

I have noticed that currently there is NO margin available. This applies for all available pairs (BTC/EUR, BTC/LTC and LTC/EUR). Anyone has information on this topic???

EDIT: Also send support the following ticket:
I can only select None in Advanced order. 1,2,5 and 10 are disabled. How is this possible? There are enough funds available. I did a test to buy 0.1 BTC when >90 eur available in account. How can I select 1,2,5 or 10 as leverage in advanced order?
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 05:29:59 PM

One of the things that are missing on all Bitcoin exchanges, including MtGox is a market maker. No Bitcoin exchange has that and it's one of the factors that contributes direly to the volatility. A market maker would ensure there will always be someone there to buy or sell to you, even if users themselves are not.

If you could partner with a business to provide such service or do it yourselves, you'd soon become the exchange of choice for everyone.

I agree.  We're looking for a partner to help us out with market making. If you know anyone, send em my way!

thank you for the switch

You're welcome!

I have noticed that currently there is NO margin available. This applies for all available pairs (BTC/EUR, BTC/LTC and LTC/EUR). Anyone has information on this topic???

I can only select None in Advanced order. 1,2,5 and 10 are disabled. How is this possible? There are enough funds available. I did a test to buy 0.1 BTC when >90 eur available in account. How can I select 1,2,5 or 10 as leverage in advanced order?

As stated in the original post of this thread, margin trading is disabled for now but we plan to enable it around the end of the month.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
MykelSilver

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:30:43 PM

Thanks for sharing this info.
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 12:27:36 AM

Congratulations to Jesse and team! I participated in the beta and I have been following Kraken's progress over the months with great interest. It would be great if Kraken used the XBT designation for bitcoin.

BTC is now XBT.  If you've been using the API, XBTC will continue to work for a while but please switch over to using XXBT as soon as possible to avoid any problems later.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
RationalSpeculator

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 01:18:01 PM

Congratulations to Jesse and team! I participated in the beta and I have been following Kraken's progress over the months with great interest. It would be great if Kraken used the XBT designation for bitcoin.

BTC is now XBT.  If you've been using the API, XBTC will continue to work for a while but please switch over to using XXBT as soon as possible to avoid any problems later.

Isn't XBT also referring to a lower decimal?
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 07:51:02 PM

Isn't XBT also referring to a lower decimal?

Not that I'm aware.  XBT is used by XE.com, Bloomberg.com, CoinDesk.  Some discussion on the topic here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148229.0

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:11:45 PM

Update: If you are still eagerly waiting for tier 1, 2, or 3 verification, the speediest solution at this point might be to contact us through support. We will be contacting people we need further information from, but this will take some time as each case is different.

Here are some tips for getting through the verification process smoothly.

Tier 2 (Address verification):

• Take some time to find out what the standard international format for your address is. The best way to do this is to consult with your national post office, or (maybe not as good, but easier) consult an online search engine such as Google.
  • Abbreviations tend to be problematic (i.e. "Strada" is preferable to "Str.")
  • Double-check your spelling, and entertain the possibility that things like your street name may have alternate spellings that are more recognized internationally (again, your post office or Google might help here).

Tier 3 (ID and proof of residency):

• We need crisp, clear, glare-free images.
  • Images should be full color.
  • Some government IDs, especially passports, have a special machine readable zone. If you have a government ID with a machine readable zone, this is preferable since, well, it's easily read by machine. For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_passport
  • Proof of residence docs must have your full name, the same address you gave us in tier 2, and a date showing that the document is no more than 3 months old.
  • Documents in some languages, such as Hebrew or Greek, may pose a problem. If in doubt, upload the document then contact support to see if it will be an issue.

Thanks!
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:30:53 PM

Update: We're pretty well caught up with verification. If you're still waiting on verification, check the email associated with your account to see if we've contacted you about it. If we haven't contacted you, then contact us through support. We're pretty sure we've contacted everybody, but in case we missed someone, please let us know. 
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:54:24 PM

Update: We're pretty well caught up with verification. If you're still waiting on verification, check the email associated with your account to see if we've contacted you about it. If we haven't contacted you, then contact us through support. We're pretty sure we've contacted everybody, but in case we missed someone, please let us know. 

Level 3 verified TY - any update on CDN$$$?
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:41:04 AM

Level 3 verified TY - any update on CDN$$$?

NP, thanks for signing up! CDN could happen any day, but unfortunately we don't have a definite date. We're waiting on others at this point, so it's not something we have control over. Hopefully no more than a few weeks though.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:35:29 AM

Pre-Verified – you’ve passed verification but your account activity is limited to a lower tier pending regulatory approval in your jurisdiction.  For example, if you live in California, you may be Pre-Verified to Tier 3 but your account will be functioning at Tier 0 until we have clearance for CA, at which time your account will be automatically upgraded to Verified Tier 3.

I made the steps for tier 2 a week ago. But it's still "Pre-Verified".
So it means, that u don't have clearance for germany?

Edit:
ah sry , I see
There are a few countries, including Germany, that have shown a particular interest in DC recently where we have opted not to operate until we have explicit regulatory clearance.

So I have to wait, correct?

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
truy

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:40:35 PM

[...]
There are a few countries, including Germany, that have shown a particular interest in DC recently where we have opted not to operate until we have explicit regulatory clearance.
[...]

Can someone explain what 'DC' stands for?
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:02:11 PM

[...]
[...]

Can someone explain what 'DC' stands for?

Digital Currency I believe
RationalSpeculator

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:34:16 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 04:48:20 PM by RationalSpeculator

I agree.  We're looking for a partner to help us out with market making. If you know anyone, send em my way!

I don't understand how a market maker would operate?

The necessity for a market maker seems to be build on a false premise that there are not always users willing to buy or sell. This is never true, there are always users that want to buy from or sell to you, just not for the price that you like.  

So you don't like the price...

How can a market maker change that?

How can a market maker buy or sell bitcoins for the price that you like (which is always a better price than the users are willing to offer)?

Let's say he always puts up the most competitive bids and asks. 

From what I see when the price goes up he would end up selling btc cheaper as he can buy them back, going broke. Correct?

As stated in the original post of this thread, margin trading is disabled for now but we plan to enable it around the end of the month.

How will Kraken protect themselves from default when offering margin?

While we are at it, what's the current financial strength of Kraken before going broke? I'm asking as to estimate how safe funds are with you.
nitrous

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:30:44 PM

While we are at it, what's the current financial strength of Kraken before going broke? I'm asking as to estimate how safe funds are with you.

Regarding your last point, Kraken has stated they are in for 'over 7 figures' -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg3126507#msg3126507

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:35:52 PM

Pre-Verified – you’ve passed verification but your account activity is limited to a lower tier pending regulatory approval in your jurisdiction.  For example, if you live in California, you may be Pre-Verified to Tier 3 but your account will be functioning at Tier 0 until we have clearance for CA, at which time your account will be automatically upgraded to Verified Tier 3.

I made the steps for tier 2 a week ago. But it's still "Pre-Verified".
So it means, that u don't have clearance for germany?

Edit:
ah sry , I see

So I have to wait, correct?

Yes - we hope to have the compliance for Germany finalized within a few weeks, but it's another situation where the progress is in the hands of others at the moment, so we don't have control over how long it takes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: