Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:48:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 349 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628507 times)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:37:25 AM

I don't understand the suggestion here - how would a change of "jurisdiction" have any impact on volume?

i live in the u.s. and i am afraid to do business with a u.s. exchange.   you can't be safe there.  lots of counterproductive captured regulations, but no real laws, just insane kleptocracy.  bitfinex is a couple of guys in italy operating out of a basement and their volume is very good.  maybe they should buy kraken and move  it where it can make money.  i know that i would place thousands of btc with bitfinex if they had kraken's level of security and accounting.  as it is i only keep dozens there.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:19:19 AM

Dargo, just wanted to let you know i'm a very happy customer. Keep that shit up! Wink

Did my first trades during the small LTC bubble.

Everything worked perfectly (bitcoin and litecoin deposits, placing orders).

Requested EUR SEPA withdrawal on the 8th (friday) around 3-4PM, got them on the 11th (monday) around the same time. Next business day, excelent.

Excelent service, low fees, fast wihdrawals. You deliver as promised. Thumbs up from me Wink

Now that I have your attention... Cheesy A small sugestion. Since you deal in multiple currency pairs it would be great if you had the current best sell/buy price for each pair on top of the page. Kind of like on BTC-E, but both sell and buy. They only have the highest buy price.

Thanks!
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:28:51 PM

Please, in the deposits section add the number of confirmations till a deposit is valid.
MDrollette

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 12:00:46 AM

what u.s. state do i need to be in in order to trade?
Curious about this as well. I created an account but apparently I'm stuck until you support Texas. Is there a roadmap for supporting various states?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:53:25 AM

Thanks for the comments, questions, etc. - I'll be back to address them as soon as I can.
nameface

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:56:10 AM

"In the U.S., Payward is registered with Fincen and can operate in South Carolina, New Mexico and Montana, the states that don't require money-transmitter licensing."
source: http://www.paymentssource.com/news/germanys-fidor-bank-to-work-with-kraken-virtual-currency-exchange-3015716-1.html

But no matter where you live you can store your cryptos there and trade them.
MusX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:46:24 PM

Dargo, just wanted to let you know i'm a very happy customer. Keep that shit up! Wink

Requested EUR SEPA withdrawal on the 8th (friday) around 3-4PM, got them on the 11th (monday) around the same time. Next business day, excelent.

Excelent service, low fees, fast wihdrawals. You deliver as promised. Thumbs up from me Wink

Now that I have your attention... Cheesy A small sugestion. Since you deal in multiple currency pairs it would be great if you had the current best sell/buy price for each pair on top of the page. Kind of like on BTC-E, but both sell and buy. They only have the highest buy price.

Thanks!
+1, for me less than 48h for international SEPA transfer.
Definitely the most interesting market currently, higher volume should come in time without any problems.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:44:47 PM

what u.s. state do i need to be in in order to trade?
Curious about this as well. I created an account but apparently I'm stuck until you support Texas. Is there a roadmap for supporting various states?

We don't publish a list of the areas we do and don't serve. Doing so would make it too tempting to try to circumvent our regulatory controls. To give a rough analogy, account verification is a little bit like a test, and publishing a list of the areas we do and don't serve is a little bit like giving away answers before the test. You can check the OP, though, for a little bit of info about this.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:51:17 PM

the site seems to be unusable mobile.  every time my i.p. changes, it logs me out.  can't you do something about that? fixed computers are rapidly becoming obsolete.

Thanks aminorex. You are logged out as a precaution against session hijacking, so I'm not sure to what extent it's safely avoidable, but I'll ask about this.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:00:56 PM

Thanks!
Definitely the most interesting market currently, higher volume should come in time without any problems.

Higher volume is definitely necessary. Great platform (and support) though.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:10:47 PM

I don't understand the suggestion here - how would a change of "jurisdiction" have any impact on volume?

i live in the u.s. and i am afraid to do business with a u.s. exchange.   you can't be safe there.  lots of counterproductive captured regulations, but no real laws, just insane kleptocracy.  bitfinex is a couple of guys in italy operating out of a basement and their volume is very good.  maybe they should buy kraken and move  it where it can make money.  i know that i would place thousands of btc with bitfinex if they had kraken's level of security and accounting.  as it is i only keep dozens there.

This seems to be a popular view - that US exchanges are unsafe because regulators can easily get to them, while exchanges abroad are safe because they are somehow teflon coated against regulatory intervention. We simply disagree with this. We think the key to being safe from regulators is to comply with the regulations, and that's what we're doing. With regulatory compliance, there's no need to hide out in a basement abroad, and it's pretty doubtful that a basement in Italy is particularly unreachable for regulators anyway.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:12:52 PM

Please, in the deposits section add the number of confirmations till a deposit is valid.

This is on our (very long) "to do" list.  Smiley
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:18:41 PM

But no matter where you live you can store your cryptos there and trade them.

Actually, this isn't correct. There are areas (including most of the US) where you can't even deposit digital currency at the present time. But we're working very hard to complete our regulatory requirements in the US, so this isn't a permanent situation.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:28:53 PM

Thanks!

Higher volume is definitely necessary. Great platform (and support) though.

Thanks for your support everyone! We have plenty of rough spots to smooth out, but we're working very hard to constantly improve the site. Volume is getting better, more slowly than we'd like, but it's improving. We're getting a huge steady influx of new accounts right now and the volume will surely follow. 
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:18:41 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 12:38:46 AM by Welsh

Any estimation when GBP will be introduced now? It would be a very nice addition to the website. I prefer the site layout and the fees to other exchanges. Although, you don't offer GBP yet. Hopefully you can establish a partner before 2015.
gotmilk_

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:38:37 AM

This seems to be a popular view - that US exchanges are unsafe because regulators can easily get to them, while exchanges abroad are safe because they are somehow teflon coated against regulatory intervention. We simply disagree with this. We think the key to being safe from regulators is to comply with the regulations, and that's what we're doing. With regulatory compliance, there's no need to hide out in a basement abroad, and it's pretty doubtful that a basement in Italy is particularly unreachable for regulators anyway.

Yeah, but wouldn't be easyer to move the company somewhere else? If I have an exchange like you guys I I would move it to Germany/Austria/Swiss... Canada? Somewhere where the fu*king goverments are more resanoable! Becaouse it looks like USA goverment will destroy everything good connected with BTC.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:45:23 PM

Any estimation when GBP will be introduced now?

No - the first thing we'd need is a bank that can do GBP deposits/withdrawals. Fidor can accept GBP deposits, but will convert automatically to EUR (and can only do EUR withdrawals). I think we are talking to some banks that could do GBP, but at this stage there's no saying when or even if we'll actually partner with them. 
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:55:18 PM

Yeah, but wouldn't be easyer to move the company somewhere else? If I have an exchange like you guys I I would move it to Germany/Austria/Swiss... Canada? Somewhere where the fu*king goverments are more resanoable! Becaouse it looks like USA goverment will destroy everything good connected with BTC.

Not from the standpoint of legal compliance. Moving to Europe or Canada won't change what's required to operate legally in the US, so we'd be left with the same regulatory burden. As we've been discussing, some people have this idea that we could just get a way with operating illegally in the US if we were based abroad, and as I've been saying, we doubt that and consider it a risk not worth taking. The best reason I can think of at the moment for us to move abroad is better healthcare.  Tongue
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:11:14 PM

Any estimation when GBP will be introduced now?

No - the first thing we'd need is a bank that can do GBP deposits/withdrawals. Fidor can accept GBP deposits, but will convert automatically to EUR (and can only do EUR withdrawals). I think we are talking to some banks that could do GBP, but at this stage there's no saying when or even if we'll actually partner with them. 

Hopefully you can. There is only one trusted uk bitcoin exchange at the moment. It's a big gap in the market for another.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
yeeeeye

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:51:42 AM

I just registered at your site and am waiting for verification. Smiley

Looking at security, there are three things I'd like to be added:
  • Option so save your password at login. It might not be 100% safe, but I'm sure my PC is clean and I use long user names and passwords for trading that I just can't remember. I would like this decision to be up to the user.
  • Possibility to block login by country, based on IP. I've seen that on other trading websites. Makes sense to me, as I won't be trading from outside my home country anyway. Could be combined with a two-factor authentication if you do happen to login from somewhere else.
  • Two-factor authentication for withdrawals without the need of a second login authentication. The same goes for placing orders. I think these two are the ones you really want to have just in case.

Haven't seen that monster-method before by the way. Great idea! Cheesy

Also, is there an option to export your transactions as .csv? As I'm not allowed to trade yet I might not be able to see it, just curious because I find that totally essential. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 349 »
  Print  

Jump to: