Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:20:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628598 times)
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 07:51:53 PM

Just checked with the informant. He hasn't been contacted by you, Kieren, or any other Kraken representative yet. Any news from your side Septimus?

Hi CryptoTeng. After speaking at length with the trading team we've come to some conclusions that I'd like you share. First off, I had made an error in stating that trades had gone through in those instances. Based on the information that we have now, that was an error on my part. I'm sorry about that.

A misprint looks a lot like any other candle with excessive real volume, which is why they are so hard to narrow down. In the ETH/EUR case of June 19, there was a misprint for a few minutes. A moment's pause in our internal system caused this. Normally, the system is cleared out and the visual interface should reflect this but rarely, a misprint can happen. 

When the system pause happens, there is no actual volume traded. At the end of this pause, however, the cancelled volume falsely appears within the minute of system restart. This means that a 1 minute candle collects the data for more than a minute. As a result, a few minutes volume becomes falsely visible within a 1 minute candle.

Our site went down for roughly 2 minutes and when it came back online there was still old data that should have been cleared out that caused a misprint in the chart. Sell orders were not executed because no clients were actually buying at that price range.

As for the DASH/BTC issue in May, there was downtime with our API. The 15 minute candle starting from May 23 UTC 22:00 is where there is an unnatural spike. When disconnection occurred the data should have been wiped, but there was an error and the data falsely appears (like the previous case) within the 15 minute candle. In this case, the exaggerated candle would not reflect actual trades that went through, but instead reflects stale data clumped into a small frame of time.

As for the ticket and whether it is solved or not at this time, that would need to be addressed in the ticket. It's at a specialized team at the moment because we take legal threats and market manipulation accusations very seriously. Any further communication from us will be through that ticket. Thanks for understanding.

Since February according to
https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#0,6m
a transaction costs again only max. 5 satoshies per byte.

So for an average transaction of 226 bytes, that's 1130 satoshies, which equals 0.00001130 BTC.

Why does Kraken still pay the miners 0.00050000 BTC? This is totally inappropriate.  Huh Shocked Angry Cry

I've been waiting since February for Kraken to adjust the transaction fee back to the new reality. But nothing happened. I have the feeling that I am the only one, who has noticed that in the meantime the real rate of change has fallen sharply again.

With me it does not hurry, if I withdraw my BTC's from Kraken. And I think many others are not in a hurry either.

So my suggestion: Kraken should offer 2 differnt fees and let the user choose whether he wants a quick transfer or not. Even for a quick transfer, these 0.0005 BTC's are totally over the top.

Or an other suggestion: Kraken should make the fee dynamic. Nobody wants to pay 0.00050000 BTC for a transaction, if 0.00001130 BTC is enough.

I'm rather angry.

Would appreciate a statement from Kraken. Thank you.

Hi Mbidox. I understand your concern about the fee. The main difference that you'll notice with exchanges and wallets is the fact that we have fees to withdraw from the exchange, rather than miner's fees only. This is the same with many of the exchanges that our clients use. What we would suggest is that you withdraw funds to your own wallet and spend them from there, rather than spending directly from your Kraken account.

I've made a note of your suggestion for a dynamic fee option. If that comes into play in the future you would see it in our support documents. Thanks for reaching out and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoTeng

Activity: 167
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:44:19 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 06:36:21 PM by CryptoTeng
Merited by 4x4et (5)

Just checked with the informant. He hasn't been contacted by you, Kieren, or any other Kraken representative yet. Any news from your side Septimus?

Hi CryptoTeng. After speaking at length with the trading team we've come to some conclusions that I'd like you share. First off, I had made an error in stating that trades had gone through in those instances. Based on the information that we have now, that was an error on my part. I'm sorry about that.

A misprint looks a lot like any other candle with excessive real volume, which is why they are so hard to narrow down. In the ETH/EUR case of June 19, there was a misprint for a few minutes. A moment's pause in our internal system caused this. Normally, the system is cleared out and the visual interface should reflect this but rarely, a misprint can happen.  

When the system pause happens, there is no actual volume traded. At the end of this pause, however, the cancelled volume falsely appears within the minute of system restart. This means that a 1 minute candle collects the data for more than a minute. As a result, a few minutes volume becomes falsely visible within a 1 minute candle.

Our site went down for roughly 2 minutes and when it came back online there was still old data that should have been cleared out that caused a misprint in the chart. Sell orders were not executed because no clients were actually buying at that price range.

As for the DASH/BTC issue in May, there was downtime with our API. The 15 minute candle starting from May 23 UTC 22:00 is where there is an unnatural spike. When disconnection occurred the data should have been wiped, but there was an error and the data falsely appears (like the previous case) within the 15 minute candle. In this case, the exaggerated candle would not reflect actual trades that went through, but instead reflects stale data clumped into a small frame of time.

As for the ticket and whether it is solved or not at this time, that would need to be addressed in the ticket. It's at a specialized team at the moment because we take legal threats and market manipulation accusations very seriously. Any further communication from us will be through that ticket. Thanks for understanding.

Interesting, so it is a "misprint" again. At least you are now in line with the Kraken support. If your statement can be trusted is another issue. You have lied before, so why shouldn't you do so again? A bit suspicious, because Kraken seems not to be able to check their data for consistency after server restarts. A year should have been enough to build some kind of automated check whether the data is correct or not. And this is issue is going on for more than a year.

Then regardless of what is happening to the ticket, I still have the question why you (Kraken) are not correcting the OHLC data? As long as you knowingly present false/faulty OHLC data you are conducting market manipulation, at the very least by neglecting to correct. Those peaks create a very deceptive picture for traders. And since countless occurrences have been reported to you since the very least May 2017, you are knowingly (maybe even intentionally) presenting false data.
(Note: This is a general question, and not about the ticket itself, so it should be no problem to answer it.)

Just for your info: "Manipulation according to SEC https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answerstmanipulhtm.html
Manipulation is intentional conduct designed to deceive investors by controlling or artificially affecting the market for a security. Manipulation can involve a number of techniques to affect the supply of, or demand for, a stock. They include: spreading false or misleading information about a company; improperly limiting the number of publicly-available shares; or rigging quotes, prices or trades to create a false or deceptive picture of the demand for a security. Those who engage in manipulation are subject to various civil and criminal sanctions."

About the ticket. Then let's hope you (or someone else from the Kraken support) will reply there. To my knowledge our informant is still waiting for a reply to his last email about this case.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:24:50 AM

Don't know whether you have the right one. Let's hope you do. Maybe just take care of all cases regarding this type of issue. Still, the contradictions of you and the Kraken support are interesting.

Hi Cryptoteng. I'll follow up with you once we have more information on this issue. Thanks for your patience.

Septimus, what are Kraken's requirements for coin listing? Do they need the project's developers to apply or do you choose according to your own criteria? Ty.

I'm also interested in knowing that, since they have not added any new coin for months now as far as I have noticed.
That's too bad because KRAKEN is my most trusted Exchange at the moment and whenever I deposit FIAT to buy crypto, I do it through KRAKEN. However I have to buy LTC/XRP/ZEC which are cheap to move and withdraw to another exchange in order to buy coins that are not listed here.

Hi pinkflower & RivAngE. We're always looking to add more coins/tokens but it does come down to our own due diligence. You can follow our Blog and Twitter for the most up-to-date information on new listings.

Okay, but are you open to suggestions from the community, then do your own diligence or do you want to decide on those affairs on your own? Ty for giving us here some of your time to listen and reply.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:42:37 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 05:24:05 PM by CryptoTeng

Do I understand you correct that one could distinguish between real and false peaks by taking a look at the volume? Thus a peak/dip with very low volume is a false peak/dip, and if it is real it is paired with a large trade volume.

Taking a look at the ETH/EUR peak on June 19 using a 1 h interval, the volume is rather low for this type of peak, especially when comparing to the dip on June 22th which is paired with a rather high volume. However, we need to put ourselves in the situation on June 19th. So, we only look at trade data before the peak and neglect the trade data after the peak. Then the volume is not particularly low, actually it is higher than in most other 1h intervals within the last 48h.

After taking a look at the Dash/BTC market, we could further test this way to distinguish between real and false peaks. 1h intervals are used as it is not possible in Cryptowatch to go back to all peaks using a 15min interval. Times are given in CET.
1)   June 29 04:00-06:00 a double peak of 2.5% with very low volume: Real or not real
2)   July 3rd around 08:00 a peak of 1.5% with a bit higher volume: Real or not real
3)   July 4th around 08:00 big dip and peak, both roughly 4%, relative high volume: Real or not real
According to your way to distinguish, the first is a false peak, as the volume is rather low, and peak 2 and 3 are real because they have relative high trade volumes.
Am I correct, or is number 1 also a real peak?

As you might see, the way to distinguish does not guarantee a correct result. And even if this technique would yield a guaranteed correct result, it seems a bit odd that traders need to check your data for consistency in order to know whether the data is real or false.
Last, but not least. You are right. A misprint/mistake can happen. However, if one is responsible and is aware of a fault then one should try to correct it. Especially, when your customers trust you to display correct OHLC data. Let's not forget that customers pay fees for your service. Furthermore, this mistake is happening on a regular basis since more than a year. Therefore, I doubt that Kraken has taken this issue seriously.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:11:15 PM

As for the ticket and whether it is solved or not at this time, that would need to be addressed in the ticket. It's at a specialized team at the moment because we take legal threats and market manipulation accusations very seriously. Any further communication from us will be through that ticket. Thanks for understanding....

Our informant is still waiting for an answer, so much for taking this issue serious. The last email he got was more than 3 weeks ago.
Furthermore, as long as the data shows these peaks/dips every customer must assume that these peaks are real. Especially when Kraken does not issue an official statement that warns ALL its customers about these occurrences. Therefore, claiming refunds and/or compensation is more than justified.
Kraken-Chase

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 03:40:19 PM

Okay, but are you open to suggestions from the community, then do your own diligence or do you want to decide on those affairs on your own? Ty for giving us here some of your time to listen and reply.

Hi pinkflower,

We are certainly open to suggestions on the currencies you'd like to see added to that platform. If there's a specific currency you'd like to see added, feel free to open a support request and we'll take note of it.

Our informant is still waiting for an answer, so much for taking this issue serious. The last email he got was more than 3 weeks ago.
Furthermore, as long as the data shows these peaks/dips every customer must assume that these peaks are real. Especially when Kraken does not issue an official statement that warns ALL its customers about these occurrences. Therefore, claiming refunds and/or compensation is more than justified.

Hi CryptoTeng,

Your support request is currently still being handled by our specialized team. In the meantime, please note that any further communication and/or updates from us will be through your original ticket.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:45:54 PM

Hi CryptoTeng,

Your support request is currently still being handled by our specialized team. In the meantime, please note that any further communication and/or updates from us will be through your original ticket.

You know what the fault is (at least according to previous info), and your "specialized team" still needs this long to give an adequate answer? Your surely taking your time. Just raises more doubts about Kraken taking this issue serious.

Furthermore, the general questions in the previous posts which are not case specific remain unanswered.
pinkflower

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:33:25 AM

Hi pinkflower,

We are certainly open to suggestions on the currencies you'd like to see added to that platform. If there's a specific currency you'd like to see added, feel free to open a support request and we'll take note of it.

Okay ty. Is will ask one of the PoCC, lead developers of Burst, to contact you directly. They are doing a very good job in cleaning the code from bugs, patching the software and making the Burst network very stable. I hope you consider it.
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 06:26:33 AM

Okay ty. Is will ask one of the PoCC, lead developers of Burst, to contact you directly. They are doing a very good job in cleaning the code from bugs, patching the software and making the Burst network very stable. I hope you consider it.

https://www.burst-coin.org/information-for-exchanges

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
pinkflower

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:17:52 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 03:36:02 AM by pinkflower

Kraken-chase, I wasnt sure what support request you were reffering to because the menu didnt have the label for coin suggestions. But I will leave the information from rico666's shared url in this post.

General information
  • Name: Burst
  • Ticker: BURST
  • Number of decimals: 8
  • Maximum supply: 2,158,812,800
  • Algorithm: Proof-of-Capacity
  • Release: no ICO, no premine
  • Developers: PoC Consortium

Exchanges listed
  • bisq (P2P exchange): BURST/BTC
  • Bittrex: BURST/BTC
  • C-Cex: BURST/BTC, USD, LTC, Doge
  • Coinroom: BURST/USD, EUR, PLN, GBP, NOK, CHF, CZK, DKK
  • Indacoin: BURST/USD, EUR, RUB (Visa & MasterCard)
  • Livecoin: BURST/BTC
  • Poloniex: BURST/BTC
  • UPbit: BURST/BTC
  • xchange.me: BURST/BTC, ETH

More information

Technical support / contact
Kraken-Chase

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 01:41:36 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 02:47:36 PM by Kraken-Chase
Merited by pinkflower (1)

Kraken-chase, I wasnt sure what support request you were reffering to because the menu didnt have the label for coin suggestions. But I will leave the information from rico666's shared url in this post.

General information
  • Name: Burst
  • Ticker: BURST
  • Number of decimals: 8
  • Maximum supply: 2,158,812,800
  • Algorithm: Proof-of-Capacity
  • Release: no ICO, no premine
  • Developers: PoC Consortium

Exchanges listed
  • bisq (P2P exchange): BURST/BTC
  • Bittrex: BURST/BTC
  • C-Cex: BURST/BTC, USD, LTC, Doge
  • Coinroom: BURST/USD, EUR, PLN, GBP, NOK, CHF, CZK, DKK
  • Indacoin: BURST/USD, EUR, RUB (Visa & MasterCard)
  • Livecoin: BURST/BTC
  • Poloniex: BURST/BTC
  • UPbit: BURST/BTC
  • xchange.me: BURST/BTC, ETH

More information

Technical support / contact

Hi pinkflower,

Very good, thank you. We've made note of your suggestion.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:20:10 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 04:34:08 PM by CryptoTeng

Hi CryptoTeng,

You know what the fault is (at least according to previous info), and your "specialized team" still needs this long to give an adequate answer? Your surely taking your time. Just raises more doubts about Kraken taking this issue serious.

Furthermore, the general questions in the previous posts which are not case specific remain unanswered.

Still no news from your side to our informant, not even a status update. Seeing this it must be assumed that the statement that Kraken is taking care of this issue is a plain lie. Furthermore, please keep in mind that this type of issue is occurring on a regular basis, which makes your statement even more questionable.

Our own questions also remain unanswered. Could you please tell which of the previously mentioned peaks are real, and which are false?
These questions are not ticket specific and can be discussed here in the forum. Furthermore, the verified false peaks still show in the charts. LOL. The manipulation continues.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:26:43 PM

Case remains unsolved. no email communication to our informant about his case, and also no answers to the questions in the previous post.

Yep, it is always the same with these Kraken frauds. Since, no communication has happened, it must be assumed that no one from Kraken is actually doing something about this issue. In other words, it is a lie that a specialized team is taking care of this case. Unless it is the special "lets-ignore-unfavorable-customers-requests" team. Then they are doing an excellent job. ROFL.

Kraken-Chase

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 09:05:31 PM

Case remains unsolved. no email communication to our informant about his case, and also no answers to the questions in the previous post.

Yep, it is always the same with these Kraken frauds. Since, no communication has happened, it must be assumed that no one from Kraken is actually doing something about this issue. In other words, it is a lie that a specialized team is taking care of this case. Unless it is the special "lets-ignore-unfavorable-customers-requests" team. Then they are doing an excellent job. ROFL.

CryptoTeng,

Once there are any updates regarding your informant's support request, they will be contacted. As my colleague, Septimus, has already mentioned, we take legal threats and market manipulation accusations very seriously so please understand that any further discussion will be communicated via the original support request. In regards to any other questions you might have, we would encourage you to open a support request, as well, so our trading team can directly look into and answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:40:26 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2018, 01:03:11 AM by CryptoTeng

CryptoTeng,

Once there are any updates regarding your informant's support request, they will be contacted. As my colleague, Septimus, has already mentioned, we take legal threats and market manipulation accusations very seriously so please understand that any further discussion will be communicated via the original support request. In regards to any other questions you might have, we would encourage you to open a support request, as well, so our trading team can directly look into and answer any questions or concerns that you may have.

ROFL.
Nope, these questions can and should be discussed here. In particular as they concern an earlier statement of Septimus on recognition of false and real peaks. An open discussion might be of interest to every customer, especially as they are about market manipulation.
And from own experience, opening a ticket does not lead anywhere, as you simply ignore them. Been there before.

About the informants ticket. How many times do you want to repeat this lie? The last email communication from your side to our informant about  this case is roughly 1 month ago. And let's not start on earlier cases, then Kraken's denial to solve this problem is going on for much longer. And your answer here is particularly questionable, because Kraken claims to know what the cause of the problem is. You simply just try to solve the case by doing nothing. Yeah. Kraken is taking this issue VERY serious. LOL (Just look back for how long this type of issue is being discussed here in this forum. Same problem reoccurring again and again, and always the same type of answer and no improvement by Kraken.)
great9

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 02:50:21 AM

Other than customer support being unresponsive, the API and API doc hasn't been updated in ages. I want to check outliars for the time ranges that @CryptoTeng mentioned and I'm constantly hitting API rate limits. After scouring this thread I implemented the burst+50 second waits and hopefully the data will come through. This should be in the API. not on page 324324234230984 of a 3rd party forum. Other than that the API isn't sending any unique trade IDs, which is ludicrous.
Kraken-Chase

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 07:11:18 PM

Other than customer support being unresponsive, the API and API doc hasn't been updated in ages. I want to check outliars for the time ranges that @CryptoTeng mentioned and I'm constantly hitting API rate limits. After scouring this thread I implemented the burst+50 second waits and hopefully the data will come through. This should be in the API. not on page 324324234230984 of a 3rd party forum. Other than that the API isn't sending any unique trade IDs, which is ludicrous.

Great9,

This may be due to the recent database maintenance. If you're still encountering issues, however, could you please escalate your ticket using the information found in Kraken-Septimus' post? As well, I've reached out to the API team in regards to your suggestion in updating the API and its documentation so you don't have to weed through external forums for info such as this.
dekana

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:47:35 AM

Any problems with EUR Swift wires?

I did a wire on the 27th July and my bank sent the funds the same day.

Usually Kraken credits the funds the next day but not this time Sad
Kraken-Chase

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 02:36:14 PM

Any problems with EUR Swift wires?

I did a wire on the 27th July and my bank sent the funds the same day.

Usually Kraken credits the funds the next day but not this time Sad

Dekana,

I don't believe so. If you haven't already, please open a support request and feel free to escalate it using the form above (see my previous message). Our funding team will then be able to assist you with your most recent deposit and what the issue may have been.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 4088

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:43:56 PM

I placed an order EUR/BTC but the order was canceled for insufficient funds. I did have EUR in my account but I forgot to consider the trading fee, so fair enough to get the order not completed. However, the EUR didn't come back in my EUROS balance.

Is it me who is dumb or ?

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: