Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628597 times)
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 08:34:23 PM

DGE has been changed to XDG.  If you're using the API, that's XXDG.

Stuck dogecoin withdrawals should now have been processed.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:13:42 PM

Well, I do understand your point of view. You are in the trading business and earning money when customers make a trade. Fair enough.

We understand your point of view as well - you make some good points. We do a lot of advocacy work in the digital asset space - we are for example a founding member of DATA (Digital Asset Transfer Authority).

http://www.datauthority.org/

But we also need to make money and have to be practical. So digital currencies that trade high volume will tend to get our attention more than currencies that trade lower volume.

I just like bitcoin to succeed and have a feeling that adding coins that do not 'add' something and are based on a meme do not help with adaptation to use bitcoin as a currency by the general public. What if the fun is over? Will the media take the opportunity to use dogecoin as an 'example' how silly virtual currency are? There are already news reports talking about dogecoin price drops and then explain that the name is derived from a meme... People that are not so technical don't understand bitcoin already, explaining what dogecoin is.. well..

Dogecoin could crash once the meme wears thin and attract negative publicity. But it's not clear that dogecoin would die as a result. If the user base is well established already, it may carry on just fine. It's also not clear that the negative publicity would hurt bitcoin much. Bitcoin has already weathered a lot of negative publicity just fine. The take-way message might end up being, "alts are dangerous, better to stick with bitcoin." So the negative publicity for dogecoin could be a plus for bitcoin.

Also, I'm not clear on why it would be that only coins which don't "add" anything might detract from bitcoin. At this point there are a bunch of interesting alts that "add" something. These interesting alts probably confuse the general public just as much as the uninteresting alts, and contribute just as much to the idea that digital currency might be iterated to the point of triviality.    

Sure, maybe dogecoin does add something(to use it for 'tips' on reddit for example), but compared to bitcoin and litecoin, dogecoin is still very young. Biggest part of those 65k+ subscribers are probably there since the beginning. Hashrate is still very high because until now it is the most profitable coin on mining pools(even on switcher coin) and people get paid in litecoin. When dogecoin price is not rocketing anymore and the mining payout is halved, it will become less profitable and people will switch.

We'd just have to address this situation if it arose. If the network hashrate dropped to dangerous levels, we'd halt trading.  

Cryptocurrencys are something new and we yet have to find correct 'settings'(eg. confirmation time) that work in a real life environment. Adding a coin that is innovative and does try something completely new like NXT(no I don't have any nxt..) would make sense. Dogecoin is just another fork(that get's forked also because of the super fast confirmation time..)

It seems that when most people talk about a coin adding something "new," they are talking about the technical parameters of the coin. This discounts the importance of things like branding, marketing, community, etc., which strikes me as a bit short-sighted. Sure, dogecoin doesn't add anything new on a technical basis. But it has arguably been quite innovative in terms of it's unique branding and community, and these things do matter. NXT is interesting and certainly deserves a shot on some exchanges, and it's being given a shot. It might make sense for us to offer it, but I'm not so sure it makes more sense to offer it than dogecoin. Given your point below, which is a good one, we probably don't want to offer every coin that's interesting and might make some sense to offer. We are aware of the increased danger of forks with dogecoin and have special monitoring in place as a precaution against that.

We have already seen on cryptsy that the more coins they added, the lower the volume for each coin became and the less interesting it was to trade a particular coin. This is what I see happening on the dutch kraken community. People start to trade at other exchanges because volume is better.

Yeah, unfortunately more choice and more options in trading can be the enemy of liquidity. We have to be careful about overdoing it, but at the same time we don't want be afraid of expansion.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys thought it through like everything on your exchange and we'll see in future how it will work out..

Yes, we'll be watching closely to see how it goes. Thanks for your thoughts.
Sand

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:26:05 PM

Kraken is serious as well as Gox nowadays. This exchange is famous for its lost transactions (both in/out, no matter if btc or fiat), which simply dissapears for weeks, months or forever. It is not very good idea to trade there.

This guy probably won't make any friends in this thread, being so brash. However, I deposited money two weeks ago, and no news of it since. Been checking Kraken several times a day, contacted support... I still have no idea what happened to the money. It's probably in limbo, god knows where.

I don't know how SEPA transfers can take so long to process. This is a bit unnerving.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:39:48 PM

Kraken is serious as well as Gox nowadays. This exchange is famous for its lost transactions (both in/out, no matter if btc or fiat), which simply dissapears for weeks, months or forever. It is not very good idea to trade there.

This guy probably won't make any friends in this thread, being so brash. However, I deposited money two weeks ago, and no news of it since. Been checking Kraken several times a day, contacted support... I still have no idea what happened to the money. It's probably in limbo, god knows where.

I don't know how SEPA transfers can take so long to process. This is a bit unnerving.

djj exaggerates to the point of absurdity, but not all bank transfers go smoothly. For EUR transfers, a small percentage (much less than 1%) get delayed and it can take a long time to get them resolved in the banking system. If you PM me your ticket number, I can look at your case and see if there is any progress. The standard in the banking industry is that the sending institution is responsible for investigating delayed transfers. So you should get in touch with your bank about this if you haven't already. Also, it's important to have your bank contact our bank as part of the process. If your bank just wants to tell you that the transfer went fine but do nothing more about it, this won't solve anything - there needs to be direct communication between the banks. 
Sand

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:57:46 PM

Thanks for the answer, Dargo, and while I am nervous about this, it's true that Kraken is nowhere near the fiasco that Mt Gox has been. Slowness is what came forward the most in this thread, due to what I understood as the growing pains of a fledgling company, never anything scandalous like money or coins disappearing forever. I'm sending you the support ticket, and will go to my bank tomorrow morning.
hastiepagliaro

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:06:02 AM

Hello Drago,

We have two USD withdrawals initiated on Jan 28th and Jan 29 amounting to nealy USD $4500. We have waited for 10 business days and since this still did not move we have canceled the withdrawals.

Today 2 weeks later our money still in "Pending state". Multiple requests to support remain unanswered.

Please take a look at those for us to have it cancelled and  the funds moved to USD balance so we can trade BTC. At this point our money were locked in for nearly a month, would appreciate a quick resolution.

Transfer IDs: ACDMGGB and ACDNS4S

Thank you.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:58:03 AM

list P$ please

ta

R

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:29:46 PM

Bitcoinity is offering extra exposure for the first exchange that proves it is running a full reserve operation with its Bitcoin-deposits. A scheme to provide such proof without violating client privacy was explained by gmaxwell, using a setup that resembles the Merkle tree that is used for transactions in blocks.

More details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=22929.msg5286474#msg5286474
bterproblems

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:44:45 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 10:14:47 PM by bterproblems

Anyone here had BTC deposit problems ?  I deposited 2 BTC 3 days ago while I had only Tier 2 verified and seemed to have surpassed my deposit limit. Then I sent my documents and on the next day I had Tier 3 verified, but now after 2 more days I still don't have my deposit.

The transaction https://blockchain.info/bg/tx/c9bffe1ef2240861e353efdc68aaa740d7f3fd6f96d8b151088500500bebc58e is now confirmed hundreds of times but it still has not appeared in my Kraken balance.

I wrote to their support 2 days ago, noone is giving me answers.

I hope someone here could help.

EDIT: BTC finally appeared.
karim79

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:12:42 AM

USD Deposits Temporarily Disabled

Unfortunately, we've reached the limit of our US bank's capacity to deal with the volume on our account. Many USD withdrawals have been delayed beyond a limit we can accept, and it reflects poorly on our service. Rather than continue to disappoint, we've decided to suspend USD deposits until a more robust banking partner is acquired. In the meantime, USD withdrawals and trading will continue to be available, though we strongly encourage USD traders to shift to our EUR pairs. Most major banks will allow you to send EUR even if your account only holds USD.

All pending USD withdrawals not already in transit will be canceled within 24 hours and users will have the funds available again.

In order to lighten the burden on USD withdrawals and speed up the process, we're offering a 2% bonus for users willing to convert their USD balances to EUR balances. You may then trade EUR or withdraw EUR. EUR withdrawals are generally processed within 1 business day. If your bank only supports USD, withdrawing EUR to it will likely result in a < 1% conversion fee. Please contact us for details.

If you still wish to receive your USD withdrawal, please resubmit it.

Personally, I want to apologize for the long delays some of you have experienced with your USD withdrawals. I know how important it is to have your money when you need it and we've failed to provide timely service. I have been pleased with our banking partner for EUR, and the level of service we've been able to provide there. I appreciate your patience while we navigate the treacherous waters of the legacy banking system. The weather is nice in San Francisco but I'm glad you're not picketing outside our office Smiley

USD Deposits Temporarily Disabled

In order to lighten the burden on USD withdrawals and speed up the process, we're offering a 2% bonus for users willing to convert their USD balances to EUR balances. You may then trade EUR or withdraw EUR. EUR withdrawals are generally processed within 1 business day. If your bank only supports USD, withdrawing EUR to it will likely result in a < 1% conversion fee. Please contact us for details.

but how can I convert my USD Balances in EUR Balances? I see no options on Kraken for this operation

Let us know that you want to convert to EUR by replying to your support ticket (or open one if you don't already have one). You can also PM me with your ticket number.

Btcx, Dargo

So now 3 days passed since your announcement, and my USD withdraw is still pending. If I try to cancel it I get "internal Error" message.
I replied to the ticket to get it converted in Euro, but no answer...

Net Result: my money blocked since 20 of Jan (33 days..) and no support answer on my ticket since 13 of Feb (10 days ago) despite my replies...

shockload

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:05:25 PM

This has been going on more than a month now and I still don't have the money in my account. My bank tells me that the deposit arrived in Kraken's bank directly with no intermediary bank involved. My bank quoted the name and company (Kraken Payward Etc Etc) and account details down the phone to me, they spoke directly with Kraken's bank:

"I heard back from our bank about your case. They say they still can't find the deposit even after talking to your bank. They are now asking for more information about the deposit:
(1) The "value" of the transaction. This is a technical banking term meaning the date at which the transaction is supposed to have become available to the receiving bank. You bank should be able to find this date. Our bank needs it because they can search this date for your transaction.
(2) The exact EUR amount. You sent GBP, so it may not be easy to find this amount. But if you bank can run a trace on the deposit, they may be able to find this. Again, our bank needs it because it's a term that can be searched for.
(3) Exactly what was put in the subject or reference line of the transaction (also a term they can do a search for). This is probably where you put your Kraken public account ID, but we need to know exactly what went there.
Since (1)-(3) are things that only your bank can know, you'd think our bank would have asked for them when they talked to your bank. I'm going to suggest that they get the info from your bank, but my guess is that the quickest way to advance things is going to be for you to contact your bank and get them."

In red is the unbelievable reply I got from Kraken. Perhaps it should read something like. "We have been on the phone to our bank and we are planning on tearing them a new one." I am just so f***ing over Kraken's support.

My bank has repeatedly contacted Kraken's bank.

WTF. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:17:15 PM

This has been going on more than a month now and I still don't have the money in my account. My bank tells me that the deposit arrived in Kraken's bank directly with no intermediary bank involved. My bank quoted the name and company (Kraken Payward Etc Etc) and account details down the phone to me, they spoke directly with Kraken's bank:

"I heard back from our bank about your case. They say they still can't find the deposit even after talking to your bank. They are now asking for more information about the deposit:
(1) The "value" of the transaction. This is a technical banking term meaning the date at which the transaction is supposed to have become available to the receiving bank. You bank should be able to find this date. Our bank needs it because they can search this date for your transaction.
(2) The exact EUR amount. You sent GBP, so it may not be easy to find this amount. But if you bank can run a trace on the deposit, they may be able to find this. Again, our bank needs it because it's a term that can be searched for.
(3) Exactly what was put in the subject or reference line of the transaction (also a term they can do a search for). This is probably where you put your Kraken public account ID, but we need to know exactly what went there.
Since (1)-(3) are things that only your bank can know, you'd think our bank would have asked for them when they talked to your bank. I'm going to suggest that they get the info from your bank, but my guess is that the quickest way to advance things is going to be for you to contact your bank and get them."

In red is the unbelievable reply I got from Kraken. Perhaps it should read something like. "We have been on the phone to our bank and we are planning on tearing them a new one." I am just so f***ing over Kraken's support.

My bank has repeatedly contacted Kraken's bank.

WTF. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Hi shockload - I think the bit in red could have been stated better. Maybe it gives the impression that "our bank should have collected this info but oh well they didn't, so now it's your problem" - but I assure you that wasn't the intended message. The problem with our bank's reply is recognized and you're told that something is being done about it. Just because it doesn't say we're going to "tear our bank a new one" doesn't mean that we aren't making a serious effort to get our bank to do what they should have done - i.e. get this info directly from your bank. It's certainly ridiculous that our bank communicated with your bank but didn't even get all the necessary information to sort this out. The suggestion that it would be faster for you to get the information from your bank is not what you want to hear, I understand, but it's probably true. The right thing here is for our bank to contact your bank and get this sorted out, and we're asking them to do this, but the right way might not be the fastest way.   

I'm not saying that you have no reason to be very angry, you most certainly do. I just think the heart of the problem is with our bank's reply saying that they've talked to your bank, but now need info from you that they could have just gotten from your bank. The bit in red is recognizing that problem, so I don't see that's it's so horrible, though as I said, it could have been stated better. 
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:01:39 PM

Btcx, Dargo

So now 3 days passed since your announcement, and my USD withdraw is still pending. If I try to cancel it I get "internal Error" message.
I replied to the ticket to get it converted in Euro, but no answer...

Net Result: my money blocked since 20 of Jan (33 days..) and no support answer on my ticket since 13 of Feb (10 days ago) despite my replies...

That red cancel button is misleading because you actually can't cancel withdrawals after the first minute or so after you place them (we need to change this so the button turns grey or something similar). A support agent will answer your ticket, but the update is that we'll be cancelling all the outstanding withdrawals soon (should be tomorrow) and then we'll start the euro conversion. We couldn't cancel the withdrawals immediately because we needed to go through them and double check to make sure we don't cancel any that have already been sent. We're working to get this done as soon as possible, but it's a highly manual process, so it's not fast. 
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:06:46 PM

Hello Drago,

We have two USD withdrawals initiated on Jan 28th and Jan 29 amounting to nealy USD $4500. We have waited for 10 business days and since this still did not move we have canceled the withdrawals.

Today 2 weeks later our money still in "Pending state". Multiple requests to support remain unanswered.

Please take a look at those for us to have it cancelled and  the funds moved to USD balance so we can trade BTC. At this point our money were locked in for nearly a month, would appreciate a quick resolution.

Transfer IDs: ACDMGGB and ACDNS4S

Thank you.

Those aren't complete transactions IDs - you have to click on the link to get the complete ID. But really what I need to help you is a support ticket number (just PM me the ticket number). 
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:09:31 PM

Did you update your website today? I deposited 7 hours ago money via Fidor to Fidor.  Normally I get it in my account after 1-2 hours, even on sunday. But today not Sad  I will write a ticket, if I don't get it tomorrow.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:02:04 PM

Dargo, there are several problems https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=340137.msg5334830#msg5334830
in english: Many (maybe all?) Fidor to Fidor transactions over the weekend does not arrive yet. And a btc deposit does not arrive after 9 and more confirmations.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:12:19 PM

Update: 14 confirmations and no BTC at Kraken.
nagleatorcoin

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

I deposited money via SEPA Wednesday, hasn't arrived yet. I've deposited money into the Kraken account several times before and it was always went through the next day. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
Solarstorm75

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:37:36 PM

I deposited via Fidor to Fidor transaction on February 22nd which should be instant, but no EUR on Kraken until now. :-(

I've read all the positive recommendations here, but now I'm a little bit annoyed.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:21:22 PM

The Kraken website is extremely slow for me. Is it my terrible French internet connection or are others also affected?
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: