Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628600 times)
ICFiedler

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:28:37 AM

Hey Dargo,

is it possible that you update the balances also at night (european time) every hour? During the day it is every hour, but now it seems at least a 3 hours timeframe. (Fidor to Fidor transaction)
Isn't this automatically? So why not every hour regardless of the time?

Hi Serpens - It is automatic, so I'm not sure why it would take longer at night. I'll ask about this and let you know what I find out.

We update every hour automatically, however there is often some down time with Fidor systems during the night, so that's why transfers can take longer at night.

hmm... that's strange. I do deposit very often via Fidor to Fidor, also at night. I could swear that it takes every night longer than during the day. So it would be a very heavy down of fidor every night... =/

It could be that Fidor has some down time every night. One thing we're sure of though is that we update every hour, so anything we get through Fidor's API should be reflected in your account with the update.

I am also depositing very often Fidor-Fidor (~10 times a week) and to me the time until it is completed is totally random. I have not noticed it taking longer at nights nor being done at exactly every hour. Currently, I am waiting for over 2 hours for a deposit to arrive. It really sucks to have a look at the balance every other minute for two hours -- and sometimes even more.

The optimal solution would be, of course, instant deposits. Since Fidor-Fidor transactions are always instant (also in the night) and cause an immediate push email I think that might be doable. But I understand it might not be on your priority list (although it would be a HUGE benefit to deposit instantly).

The second best solution would be to implement a timer until the next Fidor-balance update is conducted. That would at least avoid the permanent look at the balance paired with the fear that another deposit might be stuck.

Edit: deposit arrived.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MusX

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:41:26 PM

@ Dargo:
another question:
is it possible to have a second account at kraken? I want to test a trading bot, but of course not with all my bitcoins/money I have at kraken. I could withdraw bitcoins and money, but on the other hand I want to trade manually with all my bitcoins/money during testing the bot.  So is it possible to have a second account for bot-testing? Or do you have another suggestion?

You will have to use a different email address, but yes you can create a second account. Otherwise just use the same name, address, etc. so it's clear that it's a second account of yours.
very nice information. How the verification process goes in that way? Can I apply for the same Tier as I already have on my main email address and it will be verified using previously provided documents? or I need to pass the full process for each Tier again?

ICFiedler

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:19:20 PM

@ Dargo:
another question:
is it possible to have a second account at kraken? I want to test a trading bot, but of course not with all my bitcoins/money I have at kraken. I could withdraw bitcoins and money, but on the other hand I want to trade manually with all my bitcoins/money during testing the bot.  So is it possible to have a second account for bot-testing? Or do you have another suggestion?

You will have to use a different email address, but yes you can create a second account. Otherwise just use the same name, address, etc. so it's clear that it's a second account of yours.
very nice information. How the verification process goes in that way? Can I apply for the same Tier as I already have on my main email address and it will be verified using previously provided documents? or I need to pass the full process for each Tier again?
I am also interested in these questions, thanks for posing them, MusX.

@Dargo: Maybe there could also be an alternative to have two subaccounts -- one for on-site trading and one for trading via API access both with an own balance sheet (and the possibility to instantly shift coins and fiat between subaccounts). That would also help to avoid ego-trades, that is, those trades where one is buyer and seller at the same time.

Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:36:19 PM

What's up with LTC volume on Kraken?

It used to have a similar ratio compared to BTC as the other bigger exchanges that have it (BTC-E, OKCoin, ...), so about 10-20x more LTC traded. And since BTC is about 100 times as valuable that makes the BTC volume 5-10x greater than LTC trading volume.

This is also consistent if we compare BTC/FIAT and BTC/LTC pairs. About 90% of trades are BTC/FIAT and 10% BTC/LTC.

But lately I'm noticing on Kraken that sometimes there were actually more BTC traded than LTC. And that gives us a 99% BTC - 1% LTC volume.

Dargo was talking about market makers on Kraken a while back. While I agree that the BTC/EUR trading volume has improved significantly, the rest of the trading pairs are neglected by the market makers. Any thoughts on that?

While I love Kraken for many of it's great features and support, and it is the only exchange that I move FIAT in/out, I am forced to make BTC/LTC trades on BTC-E if I'm in a hurry...
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:40:59 PM

@ Dargo:
another question:

I am also interested in these questions, thanks for posing them, MusX.

@Dargo: Maybe there could also be an alternative to have two subaccounts -- one for on-site trading and one for trading via API access both with an own balance sheet (and the possibility to instantly shift coins and fiat between subaccounts). That would also help to avoid ego-trades, that is, those trades where one is buyer and seller at the same time.

We are looking at subaccounts as a feature to add in the future. They wouldn't necessarily be on-site vs API, but you could probably set it up that way. In the meantime, we do allow you to set up two accounts, but each account requires a full set of verification documentation. This is just something that we allow rather than a feature we promote, so it isn't our goal to make it maximally convenient.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:30:06 PM

I am also depositing very often Fidor-Fidor (~10 times a week) and to me the time until it is completed is totally random.
It's not random during the day Wink The timer is one hour, but i changes a bit. The exact time is something like 1 hour and 10 seconds oder 20 seconds or sth. like this.  Thats why the deposit arrives one day at 3pm.  and the next day at 3:02pm.   And a week later it is at3:14pm.
(I don't now the exact numbers, maybe it is a bigger diffference from day to day.
But you can just take a look at your recent deposits. When your deposit from yesterday arrived at 5:35pm, your deposit today will arrive during x:35pm and x:40pm.    I use "x" because it is every hour at daytime.

and an aditional note:
I was told that you can raise the deposit/withdraw limit again, even if you are tier 4. I did not know this before Smiley 

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
mbankeatsdook

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:57:56 PM

Dargo,

I am having problems withdrawing BTC from my account. I am getting a message saying "Withdrawals are not currently available, Withdrawals have been temporarily disabled for this asset. Please check back later." What is going on? I submitted a ticket to support 30 min ago. Why would this be happening? I am verified for BTC withdrawals. I look forward to a response.
ICFiedler

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:35:18 PM

I am also depositing very often Fidor-Fidor (~10 times a week) and to me the time until it is completed is totally random.
It's not random during the day Wink The timer is one hour, but i changes a bit. The exact time is something like 1 hour and 10 seconds oder 20 seconds or sth. like this.  Thats why the deposit arrives one day at 3pm.  and the next day at 3:02pm.   And a week later it is at3:14pm.
(I don't now the exact numbers, maybe it is a bigger diffference from day to day.
But you can just take a look at your recent deposits. When your deposit from yesterday arrived at 5:35pm, your deposit today will arrive during x:35pm and x:40pm.    I use "x" because it is every hour at daytime.

You are right! This is so convenient to know. Thank you so much, Serpens.
Still, sometimes the scan seems to skip 1 or 2 runs.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:49:02 PM

yes.. especially at night.. But I think Dargo is right. Why should kraken chance the update times during the german night time? That makes no sense ^^  So the better explanation is indeed that Fidor do not update their API at night in the same timeframe, or something like this. -> it would not help, at least at night, if Kraken would update the balances every minute.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:01:23 AM

Dargo,

I am having problems withdrawing BTC from my account. I am getting a message saying "Withdrawals are not currently available, Withdrawals have been temporarily disabled for this asset. Please check back later." What is going on? I submitted a ticket to support 30 min ago. Why would this be happening? I am verified for BTC withdrawals. I look forward to a response.

Hi - have you tried it again? I know the message is vague and a bit unsettling, but in almost all cases it is just temporary and works when you try later. There shouldn't be any general issue with BTC withdrawals right now, so it should be working for you. Let me know if you still have an issue (best way would be to PM your ticket number to me so I can take a closer look).
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:08:09 AM

yes.. especially at night.. But I think Dargo is right. Why should kraken chance the update times during the german night time? That makes no sense ^^  So the better explanation is indeed that Fidor do not update their API at night in the same timeframe, or something like this. -> it would not help, at least at night, if Kraken would update the balances every minute.

I'll look into this a little further and let you know if I find anything more, but we're pretty sure that the irregularity is caused by something on Fidor's side. We have to run a script as part of the update to process Fidor-Fidor payments, so it's not really something we can just run continuously over an over. But it might be possible to do it a bit more frequently and I'll check on this possibility. But it may not really help much to run it more frequently if the bottleneck is on Fidor's side. 
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:01:12 AM

What's up with LTC volume on Kraken?

It used to have a similar ratio compared to BTC as the other bigger exchanges that have it (BTC-E, OKCoin, ...), so about 10-20x more LTC traded. And since BTC is about 100 times as valuable that makes the BTC volume 5-10x greater than LTC trading volume.

This is also consistent if we compare BTC/FIAT and BTC/LTC pairs. About 90% of trades are BTC/FIAT and 10% BTC/LTC.

But lately I'm noticing on Kraken that sometimes there were actually more BTC traded than LTC. And that gives us a 99% BTC - 1% LTC volume.

Dargo was talking about market makers on Kraken a while back. While I agree that the BTC/EUR trading volume has improved significantly, the rest of the trading pairs are neglected by the market makers. Any thoughts on that?

While I love Kraken for many of it's great features and support, and it is the only exchange that I move FIAT in/out, I am forced to make BTC/LTC trades on BTC-E if I'm in a hurry...

Hi Totscha - we're glad that you love trading on Kraken and hate to think that you sometimes have to go elsewhere for your trading needs. We want to do more to promote LTC volume with things like market making, but to be honest with you, our bandwidth right now is completely consumed with other things. So it's something we want to do, but I'm not sure when we'll have time for a focused effort at it. Our top priority right now is rolling out some exciting new features for the exchange. Some of these things will benefit LTC as well, though, so it will hopefully have a positive impact on volume.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:43:48 PM

Hi all - if you are having trouble connecting to the site please know that we are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:10:01 PM

Hi all - if you are having trouble connecting to the site please know that we are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the heads up, was just checking in to see what was going on.
ICFiedler

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:22:30 PM

Yepp, since ~15 minutes or so no chance to connect.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

This was due to a DDOS attack. The site should be functional for non-botters now. Please let us know if you still have trouble accessing the site.
Rannasha

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:28:15 PM

This was due to a DDOS attack. The site should be functional for non-botters now. Please let us know if you still have trouble accessing the site.

By "functional for non-botters" you mean that my little trading bot will have to wait in the corner for the time being?
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:42:15 PM

By "functional for non-botters" you mean that my little trading bot will have to wait in the corner for the time being?

If you can load the site manually from the same IP your botting from, that should whitelist the bot. If you can't do that, then yes, your bot will have to wait for the time being. We're looking at an alternative solution for botters as well. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to address the path of attack here.
Rannasha

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:49:14 PM

If you can load the site manually from the same IP your botting from, that should whitelist the bot. If you can't do that, then yes, your bot will have to wait for the time being. We're looking at an alternative solution for botters as well. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to address the path of attack here.

Ok, it's all the same IP for me, so I should be fine.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:56:17 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 05:07:56 PM by bernard75

Loads OK for me now.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: