Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:43:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining Dashboard / Web Wallet  (Read 2069 times)
twmz (OP)

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:09:33 AM

Over the past several months, several people have asked me if the source code for my custom mining dashboard was available.  My answer was that I was in the process of rewriting it and that I'd be willing to share the code once that was done.

Well, it's done enough that I just put it on GitHub for anyone that is interested:

https://github.com/ervwalter/bitcoin-command

What is it?

• It shows stats on your mining operation and on individual devices
  • It is also a web frontend to bitcoin-qt or bitcoind allowing you to remotely manage your BTC (over SSL with strong wallet passphrases, of course)

Important Note: This is not a turnkey application, and is not prepackaged such that you can just install it and be up and running. If you would like to use it, you will almost certainly need to have an understanding of the technologies involved and you'll need to be comfortable reading and editing the source code to make things work for your specific setup.  The technologies involved are all open source and relatively easy to get up and running on Linux or OS X.  

I wrote up the full details in two blog posts (one about the functionality, another about how the code is organized).  If you are interested, you should definitely read these:

Bitcoin Command: A Mining & Wallet Management Web App
Bitcoin Command: Fun With AngularJS, NodeJS, and MongoDB

Out of the box, it assumes you are using cgminer as your miner.  It might work with bfgminer, but I have never tried it.  Sometime before my BitFury hardware arrives, I plan to also enhance slush's stratum proxy to feed data to the dashboard as well.

If anyone runs into any issues with this or has any questions, I'm happy to try to answer them (as long as the question is not, "Can you help me install this?")...

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
18RATTT

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

good stuff, twmz.

unfortunetely, im not that tech savvy, gonna keep my eye on this one.
hoping, i can freelance/bounty someone to install it on my computer  Cheesy

funnow

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 01:01:09 PM

good stuff, twmz.

unfortunetely, im not that tech savvy, gonna keep my eye on this one.
hoping, i can freelance/bounty someone to install it on my computer  Cheesy
Same here. Looking forward when a standalone OS will include this great peace of SW.

Thumbs up for the author.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: