Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:32:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can We Consider Bitcoin To be An Anti-Government?  (Read 462 times)
minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:17:32 AM

Bitcoin challenges government in many ways, especially with rules and regulations. But, I think it's not anti-government. Only governments whose motives are not quite transparent are afraid of bitcoin. Meanwhile, well-intentioned governments are finding ways to get the most out of it.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sinkelo

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:15:15 AM

I don't think so. But lack of regulations is what the gov't along with bank is trying to kill bitcoin for their own selfish gain.
nuggetbram

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:21:00 AM

Bitcoin was likely built by crypto-anarchists to undermine and destabilize governments. The exact creator of bitcoin is unknown.
joanshu

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:52:31 AM

It is true that bitcoins are coming back to power as the market value has already improved after its decline in its value and as you can see the price of the bitcoins has already crossed 10K USD which is a positive sign and the corrections are coming to an end .As you said i don't think that bitcoins are providing an alternative to what the government is giving what do you mean by that if possible please make it clear as btc is not a currency as i consider it only as an investment even though it is accepted for some trade does not mean it is accepted everywhere and some government do not trust btc as they think that it is been used for some illegal activities as the users of the btc are not known some even fear that it will make the economy crash so is the reason some governments say that they don't see it as a legal currency even though it does not have any legal approval it does not does not deal with anything which is illegal in fact the government should understand that it is helping its investors to improve their wealth.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:54:57 AM

Maybe in some countries where their rules are not so friendly with bitcoin and other cryptos. Being decentralized, autonomous and government can not disrupt its transactions makes these government believe that it can use against them. Consider France which declares war against crypto which they believe that crypto can be used to pay illegal activities,  or to fund terrorism.

_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:04:54 AM

Blockchain connects in a way that could serve as an alternative to current known forms of governing.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Viellefox1025

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:08:07 AM

Grin I think Bitcoin is not anti Government. Bitcoin community is also helping those in government on how to regulate Bitcoin.
rowel21

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:17:20 AM

The government have fear they fear if every one is using cryptosystem they can't  earn tax and provide a project cause of tax less source of income and the economic of a country Will  fall but when they learn how to collided with bitcoin cryptosystem they will see how big the benefits  they can gain

>        https://MFCHAIN.com        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM

Code:
>        https://MFCHAIN.com        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: