Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 09:47:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many nodes blockchain.info has?  (Read 405 times)
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:49:48 AM

I see. That is quite interesting. The main reason why I am still not fully convinced by them is because of the negative reviews that I happened to come across when I was looking for their application in the Android app store. It would seem as if a significant number of people have had negative experiences or have lost access to their bitcoins. Other reviewers, however, claim that this is mostly out of their own neglect and not knowing how to manage their bitcoins correctly and securely. To be fair to them, other reviewers also claim that it is actually quite simple and that there are even people who complain about basic things such as thinking that the network fees go to GreenAddress themselves. Another reason I have not tried it out is that it would seem as if they might not support bech32 addresses yet, even though they say they do support SegWit. I could be wrong about some of this, however, since I have not actually used them yet.
I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner but it was buried under my recent replies and I feel that I should provide my own experience too.

I've used greenaddress previously and I feel that the concept was somewhat okay. Personally, I feel that it doesn't provide much more security than a wallet without a 2FA enabled. Now to the negative part:

Their Android app was nothing short of confusing and buggy. There was this one time where I've sent 0.044BTC to an address in a greenaddress wallet I've created on my Android app. I was certain that I have done the 2FA correctly and I didn't set any emails. IIRC, it crashed and closed after I've created the wallet. I wasn't given any warnings about it. When I tried to send the funds, the 2FA was incorrect and I was frustrated as hell. Thinking that I can get my funds back with their timelock function, I decided to wait. However, I can't send any of the files with the fact that there is no email set with the wallet. It's $500 in today's value and its terrible to see it stuck there. Their support wasn't helpful at all.

In short, stay away from Greenaddress.it. Good idea but terrible execution.

Ah, I see. I was starting to believe that all those reviewers posting negative ratings on the Play Store were just not technically savvy and were simply misusing the wallet and losing their bitcoins in that way. It is good to hear from a fellow forum member whom I believe has much more knowledge of the scene and of Bitcoin itself. I will take your advice and avoid them at all cost in that case. On a similar note, is there any wallet that is actually good on Android in your opinion? I have been using blockchain.info as my sort of portable wallet, but I would be more than willing to try out something better.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: