Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:41:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Shrinking - The Long View  (Read 19324 times)
Synaptic (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 06:57:23 PM

Have you ever heard of "no-one gives a fuck?"

Again, no-one cares that a guy traded a brown paper bag containing a copious bowl movement that's held closed by scotch tape with a drawing made by his 6 year old first born son on the front for a fancy yacht.

I mean, really? Every odd sale or trade on craigslist is newsworthy? Enough to drive market speculation on the bags of shit exchange?

I love it here, I really do.

No, no one cares because people buy things on craigslist in cash (USD).  People have been buying cars in cash since they were invented.  To my knowledge, no one has ever bought a car with bitcoins.

I don't think Synaptic has ever spent more than $200 before, from his mom's credit card.

HAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAH

HAHAH.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 06:59:11 PM

Again, no-one cares that a guy traded a brown paper bag containing a copious bowl movement that's held closed by scotch tape with a drawing made by his 6 year old first born son on the front for a fancy yacht.

I mean, really? Every odd sale or trade on craigslist is newsworthy? Enough to drive market speculation on the bags of shit exchange?

No, no one cares because people buy things on craigslist in cash (USD).  People have been buying cars in cash since they were invented.  To my knowledge, no one has ever bought a car with bitcoins.

To my knowledge, no-one has ever bought anything with a paper bag of shit.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE.

If only there were a popular news outlet that would cover such a story so I could stay abreast of all things bag of shit related...
BitcoinHoarder

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 06:59:34 PM

Why are your responses so sarcastic?  You can leave.
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 06:59:58 PM

Everyone lives in very separate locations, so each 'sting' would cost thousands of dollars per college kid to arrest in coordinated efforts, and some would fail because the address recipient wasn't the drug buyer.

edit:

Nobody has explained yet how the police could get good feedback, which is necessary to make lots of sales. Are they going to hack the site? lol

This is trivial.  Bust a drug dealer, offer him or her prosecution immunity in return for setting up sting op.  Done deal.

So meanwhile the drug dealer is still selling drugs to maintain good feedback?? The moment someone doesn't get their drugs, they rant about it in the forums, and the drug dealer's rep is screwed. Sting fails.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:00:17 PM

Why are your responses so sarcastic?  You can leave.

Maybe because I was being genuine? You can stay.
supersonic3974

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:00:17 PM

No, no one cares because people buy things on craigslist in cash (USD).  People have been buying cars in cash since they were invented.  To my knowledge, no one has ever bought a car with bitcoins.

I don't think Synaptic has ever spent more than $200 before, from his mom's credit card.
Synaptic, I'll give you an example.  I buy all my cars in cash, period.  The latest car I bought cost $6000.  I withdrew $6000 from my bank in cash and carried that with me to make the purchase.  It's very nerve racking carrying that much cash in your pocket.  With a bitcoin transaction, you don't carry any cash in your pocket and yet it is as good as cash.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:00:47 PM

Synaptic, I'll give you an example.  I buy all my cars in cash, period.  The latest car I bought cost $6000.  I withdrew $6000 from my bank in cash and carried that with me to make the purchase.  It's very nerve racking carrying that much cash in your pocket.  With a bitcoin transaction, you don't carry any cash in your pocket and yet it is as good as cash.

Have you tried Dwolla?
BitcoinHoarder

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:01:24 PM

Everyone lives in very separate locations, so each 'sting' would cost thousands of dollars per college kid to arrest in coordinated efforts, and some would fail because the address recipient wasn't the drug buyer.

edit:

Nobody has explained yet how the police could get good feedback, which is necessary to make lots of sales. Are they going to hack the site? lol

This is trivial.  Bust a drug dealer, offer him or her prosecution immunity in return for setting up sting op.  Done deal.

So meanwhile the drug dealer is still selling drugs to maintain good feedback??

Bro, listen.  I already explained this.  Take 12 agents.  Have 1 agents pretend to sell many times to the other 11 and have the 11 leave glowing feedback.  It does not take much to get reputation on SR.  Have you visited it?     http://ianxz6zefk72ulzz.onion/ via Tor.
imperi

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:01:55 PM

edit:

Bro, listen.  I already explained this.  Take 12 agents.  Have 1 agents pretend to sell many times to the other 11 and have the 11 leave glowing feedback.  It does not take much to get reputation on SR.  Have you visited it?     http://ianxz6zefk72ulzz.onion/ via Tor.

And then two other people try to buy drugs and it drops below 100%. Sting fails.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:02:07 PM

edit:

So meanwhile the drug dealer is still selling drugs to maintain good feedback?? The moment someone doesn't get their drugs, they rant about it in the forums, and the drug dealer's rep is screwed. Sting fails.

Holy sweet Jesus imperi has outsmarted the Feds on this one.

Fuck, someone give him his own CSI spinoff...
BitcoinHoarder

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:03:25 PM

edit:

And then two other people try to buy drugs and it drops below 100%. Sting fails.

No, that's not how SR works.  If you try to buy something from a dealer, he doesn't have to oblige and future buyers don't require that certain other buyers have already left positive feedback.  It just takes some good reputation to lure in a buyer, and it doesn't take much.
imperi

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:04:02 PM

edit:

No, that's not how SR works.  If you try to buy something from a dealer, he doesn't have to oblige and future buyers don't require that certain other buyers have already left positive feedback.  It just takes some good reputation to lure in a buyer, and it doesn't take much.

If nobody buys from the dealer, then they can't get in trouble. If they do buy, they can leave negative feedback.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:04:40 PM

edit:

No, that's not how SR works.  If you try to buy something from a dealer, he doesn't have to oblige and future buyers don't require that certain other buyers have already left positive feedback.  It just takes some good reputation to lure in a buyer, and it doesn't take much.

If nobody buys from the dealer, then they can't get in trouble.

Lol, fuck.

You my friend, are a dumbass.
BitcoinHoarder

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:04:56 PM

edit:

But they will.  They will see that he is offering good prices and has reputation.  They don't know ahead of time whether it is a sting.
imperi

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:05:18 PM

edit:

But they will.  They will see that he is offering good prices and has reputation.  They don't know ahead of time whether it is a sting.

Then they can leave negative feedback.
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:05:57 PM

Have you tried Dwolla?

Dwolla?  Really?  Dwolla?  An unknown internet site that takes forever and a century to clear funds, isn't a regulated or recognized financial institution?  People will accept a personal check LONG before they buy off a "now, I'm going to enter a few numbers into this web site and you'll see your money in your bank account in about 3 days.  Oh, and I'll need your account's electronic transfer code, and I'll be driving off with your car as soon as you sign that title..."

I too have bought several cars with cash, and I know what I'm talking about.  You clearly do not.  (p.s, other guy: instead of cash, try cashier's check.  most people are willing to accept that if you negotiate it beforehand).
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:06:16 PM

ITT:

Bitcoiners hijack a thread to discuss the only appreciable bitcoin economy: Silk Road.

Also, imperi makes a dipshit of himself even more.
eyal

Activity: 60
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 07:07:08 PM

edit:

Don't they have a buyer reputation as well (which should make this "trick" exponentially more complicated)?

http://bancor.network - A Hierarchical Monetary System and the Foundation of a Global Decentralized Autonomous Exchange
supersonic3974

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:08:56 PM

Have you tried Dwolla?
Yes, I agree with your point that you can buy cars using USD.  We've already established that.  The original point was that I believe the purchase of a car using BTC would create interest.  
imperi

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:09:08 PM

Also brand new seller accounts are auctioned off now, so you have to pay a lot to get one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: