Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Shrinking - The Long View  (Read 19324 times)
supersonic3974

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:10:21 PM

Have you tried Dwolla?

Dwolla?  Really?  Dwolla?  An unknown internet site that takes forever and a century to clear funds, isn't a regulated or recognized financial institution?  People will accept a personal check LONG before they buy off a "now, I'm going to enter a few numbers into this web site and you'll see your money in your bank account in about 3 days.  Oh, and I'll need your account's electronic transfer code, and I'll be driving off with your car as soon as you sign that title..."

I too have bought several cars with cash, and I know what I'm talking about.  You clearly do not.  (p.s, other guy: instead of cash, try cashier's check.  most people are willing to accept that if you negotiate it beforehand).

That's a good tip.  Although, one thing I love about purchasing with cash in hand is the bargaining power.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synaptic (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:14:23 PM

Have you tried Dwolla?

Dwolla?  Really?  Dwolla?  An unknown internet site that takes forever and a century to clear funds, isn't a regulated or recognized financial institution?  People will accept a personal check LONG before they buy off a "now, I'm going to enter a few numbers into this web site and you'll see your money in your bank account in about 3 days.  Oh, and I'll need your account's electronic transfer code, and I'll be driving off with your car as soon as you sign that title..."

I too have bought several cars with cash, and I know what I'm talking about.  You clearly do not.  (p.s, other guy: instead of cash, try cashier's check.  most people are willing to accept that if you negotiate it beforehand).

Actually I use Dwolla as my preferred method of payment for my business.  I have had 4 clients since I started using Dwolla two months ago start paying me through Dwolla.

It's not unknown Internet site, and is actually partnered with a number of banks.  It doesn't take 3 days for the transaction to show up in your account, that happens immediately. It also doesn't take 3 days to pull it into your bank account.  That happens in one banking day, since it's  merely a "checking" front end tied to your banking account.

And furthermore you dolt, people would accept a Dwolla payment LONG before they accept some fucking retarded bitcoins that they have to A. Make a Dwolla account to get USD out of anyway becuase they have to go to B. fucking Mt. Gox or some other stupid exchange, and THEN, trade their bitcoins for USD, pull it BACK into their Dwolla account, and THEN AGAIN wait for it to go into their bank account.

So let's see, in your idiotic scenario where cash is such a motherfucking hassle and for whatever reason you were too stupid to originally consider a personal check since that's apparently a better option for this hypothetical seller, then what would the seller rather do?  Create a Dwolla account, get verified, and basically have the money deposited directly into his back account, or go through a bunch of goddamn asinine intermediary steps with bitcoin markets to get his USD out of bitcoin?

You my friend, have just been made a fool of.
supersonic3974

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:18:18 PM

What business is this that you speak of?

Also, the seller may just want the bitcoins for speculation.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:18:48 PM

Have you tried Dwolla?

That's a good tip.  Although, one thing I love about purchasing with cash in hand is the bargaining power.

Same here. And what does that say for bitcoins?

"Hey I'll trade you some bitcoins for that car.  You might make a MILLION DOLLARS OFF OF IT.  Have we got a deal?"

Now that's leverage.

Heh, the same leverage I hear from Multi-level Marketers telling me that having sausage parties at my house will make me rich, or that using bitcoin for daily exchanges will make the world a more rainbowy place for all.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:20:27 PM

My business.

And yes, I agree wholly. Bitcoin speculators speculating.
supersonic3974

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:22:45 PM

My business.

Lol, yes you established that in the post I was referring to.  How do we know you're not just some long-winded foul-mouthed kid trolling the forums?
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:23:38 PM

My business.

Lol, yes you established that in the post I was referring to.  How do we know you're not just some long-winded foul-mouthed kid trolling the forums?

HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUY WANTS TO KNOW WHO I AM.  CAN WE REMIND HIM ABOUT HOW GREAT ANONYMITY IS! THIS IS THE BITCOIN FORUM, AFTER ALL!
supersonic3974

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:24:17 PM

My business.

HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUY WANTS TO KNOW WHO I AM.  CAN WE REMIND HIM ABOUT HOW GREAT ANONYMITY IS! THIS IS THE BITCOIN FORUM, AFTER ALL!
You now agree on one of the great selling points of bitcoin Smiley
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:25:23 PM

My business.

Yeah, accept I don't really care all that much to either prove my identity or keep it hidden, since I've already revealed what I do for a living in other threads.

I simply don't give a shit about your curiosity.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:26:42 PM

My business.

Yeah, accept I don't really care all that much to either prove my identity or keep it hidden, since I've already revealed what I do for a living in other threads.

Or about spelling, clearly :-)
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:28:43 PM

My business.

Or about spelling, clearly :-)

Are you an English major?

If so, where's my fucking triple latte with whipped cream and caramel?

I think I'd like to speak to you're manager.
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:31:16 PM

So let's see, in your idiotic scenario where cash is such a motherfucking hassle and for whatever reason you were too stupid to originally consider a personal check since that's apparently a better option for this hypothetical seller, then what would the seller rather do?  Create a Dwolla account, get verified, and basically have the money deposited directly into his back account, or go through a bunch of goddamn asinine intermediary steps with bitcoin markets to get his USD out of bitcoin?

You are talking about today.  And hell no, I those people wouldn't sign up and trust Dwolla just because I told them so.  It's good for Dwolla that people you know are instantly trusting, the people I deal with not so much.  And by the way, TradeHill *used* to have electronic funds transfer in and out functionality.  What's to say they or MtGox won't have it again?  Besides, dollars need not be involved at all if bitcoin is mainstream, which is when my scenario is practical.  I consider bitcoins far far FAR more secure than numbers at a single web site "associated" with banks.  Yes, even today I'd rather have enough funds in bitcoin to buy a house than several hundred grand at Dwolla.

Your "thesis" is long term.  Long term bitcoin will become mainstream barring technical flaws with implementation or regulatory hurdles.   As a mainstream currency it is vastly superior to current offerings.  But you go ahead and spew obscenities and nonsense.
flug

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:31:41 PM

these are the facts.

This is usually a sure sign that the person is trying to force an agenda.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:33:22 PM

a rambling man.........rambles

Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:36:08 PM

You are talking about today.  And hell no, I those people wouldn't sign up and trust Dwolla just because I told them so.  It's good for Dwolla that people you know are instantly trusting, the people I deal with not so much.  And by the way, TradeHill *used* to have electronic funds transfer in and out functionality.  What's to say they or MtGox won't have it again?  Besides, dollars need not be involved at all if bitcoin is mainstream, which is when my scenario is practical.  I consider bitcoins far far FAR more secure than numbers at a single web site "associated" with banks.  Yes, even today I'd rather have enough funds in bitcoin to buy a house than several hundred grand at Dwolla.

Your "thesis" is long term.  Long term bitcoin will become mainstream barring technical flaws with implementation or regulatory hurdles.   As a mainstream currency it is vastly superior to current offerings.  But you go ahead and spew obscenities and nonsense.

It's not superior.  This has been fleshed out numerous times, but unfortunately threads here are just as meaningless as the "currency" it's about, but let me just remind you that John Q. Public will never give a shit about bitcoins. NEVER.

It's simply another fact of bitcoin: To the other 300 million Americans and the rest of the financially advanced world that exist outside of this backwater forum, It does not make sense to use.  At all.  At all.  At all.

Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:38:11 PM

It's not superior.  This has been fleshed out numerous times, but unfortunately threads here are just as meaningless as the "currency" it's about, but let me just remind you that John Q. Public will never give a shit about bitcoins. NEVER.

It's simply another fact of bitcoin: To the other 300 million Americans and the rest of the financially advanced world that exist outside of this backwater forum, It does not make sense to use.  At all.  At all.  At all.

HUUR DUUR, REPITION MAKES YOU RIGHT, HUH SYNAPTIC...HURR.

*insert all other ad hominem here*
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:40:01 PM

Bitcoin Forums: The show.

Description:  Watch as amateur investors and young anarcho-liberarians ignore negative assessments of their hobby and attack the personas of the iconoclasts.
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:44:58 PM

It's a good thing, or otherwise we'd have had 300 million Facebooks, Googles, Microsofts...

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.  The later cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thoughts in clear form.  -A.E.

Not to say that every hare-brained idea is genius, but you really are blind if you don't see the advantages of a secure, easily transferred, convenient digital currency exchange medium.   We're done here, your argument boils down to "I don't believe in bitcoin and neither do other slack-jawed types."  That can't be addressed.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:45:56 PM

Bitcoin Forums: The show.

Description:  Watch as amateur investors and young anarcho-liberarians ignore negative assessments of their hobby and attack the personas of the iconoclasts.

and that would be personae... really, you shouldn't try to use complicated words
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:46:27 PM

It's a good thing, or otherwise we'd have had 300 million Facebooks, Googles, Microsofts...

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.  The later cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thoughts in clear form.  -A.E.

Not to say that every hare-brained idea is genius, but you really are blind if you don't see the advantages of a secure, easily transferred, convenient digital currency exchange medium.   We're done here, your argument boils down to "I don't believe in bitcoin and neither do other slack-jawed types."  That can't be addressed.

No my argument actually doesn't boil down to that, you're just too stupid to read the top post and reply with any type of substantial rebuttal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: