Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the mining  (Read 377 times)
stryker000 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:51:39 AM

Hi everybody.

A few months ago i started hearing news about bitcoins. It awoke my interessts, but now I joined the mining group.
As i read a few times on forums, to actually make money, you have to buy the specific hardware, otherwise you won't get the cost out of the energy.

Me and some friends are considering to buy 10 USB block erupters each, linked on a raspberry pi for mining. We want to do it this way, so that the first initial investment isn't that big when it goes wrong. We know it takes like 3-5 months before we actually will make profit, but it's worth the try. Overtime we will commit to more high-end machinery for our mining endouvers, if it is profitable.

We have read a lot of forums & guides about mining. Also heard a lot of people telling that it's to late to jump aboard the mining-story, unless you spend so much money that you will never get break-even.

It will be most helpfull if someone could post some recent reading-material or tips before we start mining?

thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: