Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:12:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: TycheCash - Cash on the Tyche Network  (Read 29097 times)
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:30:06 PM

Important point regarding total number of coins and high block reward

Total number of coins is fixed at 80 Billion

Reason :

For that little intro about me : I am more into economics and finance than programming . So I am trying to implement what real economy and world is . In the world of cryptocurrencies if we want our coin to be really transact-able we need to have that much to have real use case and practicality. Real world people don't feel good in transacting into decimals which are hard to calculate for each transaction. And that way if I am right Bitcoin is going to be more of a Gold -- i.e. Investment token instead of transaction token .

Next as mentioned in the intro TycheCash is the cash part of the bigger ecosystem TycheNeXT(the temporary name ) , which is going to be compliance ready for mainstream adaptability . The smallest example you can think is if someone deposits cash into your Bank account ,that cash becomes "accountable" and part of the banking system . Even when it was in the form of cash , it was generated by the banking system was accounted for total issued qty but not traceable till its in Bank account.

That Cash part is very important and will always exist even when the world shifts to crypto world. There are several genuine example of use of cash : paying tip , small payments , govts using cash for unaccounted operations etc etc . These are the genuine use cases , there are other dark uses of cash also which also exists and will continue to exist .

What our system is going to be is combining them same as real world.

And I invite all the bright minds to be part of this whole project. This is going to be the next level in ever evolving Blockchain Technology . TycheCash may be just another coin if u look at it that way but when u look at it with full ecosystem , its the future . I invite again all the bright minds to come together in making this real. For developers there's reserved bounty in TycheCoin(not TycheCash which is and will always be a transparent mine only coin).For details of developer bounty and initial framework of ecosystem there will soon be a brain-storming meet-up . As said earlier everything needs some good money , for which I am pursuing my efforts.       

Nice concept, I would suggest you add this info on the first page of the OP so that everyone can read it who come across this page.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daveman

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:31:57 AM

Hi Guys,
I have managed to compile the wallet on ubuntu 14.xx.
Question, will there be a Block Explorer?  And is their a bounty program for a block explorer?
hechengwine

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:41:16 AM

excuse me ,how to run the daemon and sync, thank you
faltoyan

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:13:47 PM

Are you based on Bytecoin or Monero ? If yes, then you might have copyright issues. Recently SUMO developers had to fix their source code copyright issues as their initial source code is based on Monero (which IIRC itself is based on Bytecoin) See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1905086.msg29047236#msg29047236

If based on forknote, apparently there are issues with that, See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2892686.msg30087608#msg30087608
RoffoSnake

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:38:34 AM

Is the windows wallet ready yet this sucks that "U" wallet users will get the lion share of the start coins
faltoyan

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:16:29 AM

Are you based on Bytecoin or Monero ? If yes, then you might have copyright issues. Recently SUMO developers had to fix their source code copyright issues as their initial source code is based on Monero (which IIRC itself is based on Bytecoin) See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1905086.msg29047236#msg29047236

If based on forknote, apparently there are issues with that, See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2892686.msg30087608#msg30087608

Bytecoin is reference implementation of CryptoNote and Monero is based on Bytecoin. TycheCash is also an implementation of CryptoNote but under original CryptoNote MIT licence , so there's no copyright issues. Infact the revised reference to CryptoNote will be updated in GitHub, which is not compulsory under the MIT Licence, but to keep the spirit of open-source and keep TycheCash always in open-source spirit it will be done.

The MIT/BSD License allows you to do the following
1. Ship binaries without having to provide the source whether its unmodified or modified
2. When providing the source the original copyright should be maintained.
3. All new additions to the source code will by copyrighted by the developer adding those modifications

The source code copyright statement has "// Copyright (c) 2011-2016 The TycheCash developers"

Now even if you give attribution to the CryptoNote developers elsewhere, essentially the copyright statement indicates that the TycheCash developers are the original owners of the source code in question. But that is not true, TycheCache developers only have copyright over the new additions to the code (and i don't think variable/file name changes can be considered new additions).

But I am not the best person to talk about copyrights. At the same time i thought i should bring this to your notice.
tychecoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 170

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

Bytecoin is reference implementation of CryptoNote and Monero is based on Bytecoin. TycheCash is also an implementation of CryptoNote but under original CryptoNote MIT licence , so there's no copyright issues. Infact the revised reference to CryptoNote will be updated in GitHub, which is not compulsory under the MIT Licence, but to keep the spirit of open-source and keep TycheCash always in open-source spirit it will be done.

1. Ship binaries without having to provide the source whether its unmodified or modified
3. All new additions to the source code will by copyrighted by the developer adding those modifications

The source code copyright statement has "// Copyright (c) 2011-2016 The TycheCash developers"

Now even if you give attribution to the CryptoNote developers elsewhere, essentially the copyright statement indicates that the TycheCash developers are the original owners of the source code in question. But that is not true, TycheCache developers only have copyright over the new additions to the code (and i don't think variable/file name changes can be considered new additions).

But I am not the best person to talk about copyrights. At the same time i thought i should bring this to your notice.
There's difference between MIT and BSD licence , what you mentioned is true for BSD , in MIT licence you are free not to mention that.
faltoyan

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:28:50 AM

There's difference between MIT and BSD licence , what you mentioned is true for BSD , in MIT licence you are free not to mention that.

I was talking with the BSD license in mind which i assumed is similar to the MIT license, so i am wrong then. But you still have to retain the "Copyright <year> <copyright holder>" part i think. See https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
crd007

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:49:14 AM

I get these error when trying to run:
./TycheCash: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
What to do?

tychecoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:14:13 PM

I was talking with the BSD license in mind which i assumed is similar to the MIT license, so i am wrong then. But you still have to retain the "Copyright <year> <copyright holder>" part i think. See https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
Yup thanks for bringing that to notice,will update that.
tychecoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:31:42 PM

I get these error when trying to run:
./TycheCash: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
What to do?
On Ubuntu 14.04 run sh install ,it will install the required dependencies
Sentenzo

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:33:39 PM

How can I join to bounty campaign?
mss1908

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:28:46 PM

About windows wallet. I came across this page https://github.com/jraesly/Tyche. This gives process to compile windows wallet as well from binaries. I am new and have no knowledge about softwares. Can anyone just check and compile the wallet. This would help all who are waiting for it. He can then post a link so evryone can download and use it.

Link again :: https://github.com/jraesly/Tyche

""""On Windows:

Dependencies: MSVC 2013 or later, CMake 2.8.6 or later, and Boost 1.53 or later.

- To build, change to the root of the source code directory, and run these commands:

mkdir build
   cd build
   cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 Win64" -DBOOST_ROOT="c:\folder\to\boost_1_55_0"
           -DBOOST_LIBRARYDIR="c:\folder\to\boost_1_55_0\lib64-msvc-12.0"
   msbuild Project.sln /p:Configuration=Release

- If you don't have your path environment variable configured with the VS paths, you may
  may want to run 'C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat'
  (or equivalent) to temporarily set the environment variables.
""""
Arashflash44

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:57:24 PM

what is the total supply of this coin?
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:09:00 PM

what is the total supply of this coin?

Total supply is 80 bil
duyquang06

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:17:07 PM

worst launch  Cheesy
neelcomputers

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:28:30 PM

worst launch  Cheesy
agree
mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:36:52 PM

WHy hurry with the launch?

No windows wallet, no logo ? What were you thinking?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
osamadeep

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:44:24 PM

you need to be ready when post the ANN, there is alot of missing data about this project, good luck!
miguekun

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:40:20 PM

Hello,
New pool based in US:
http://tyc.revientaicos.com

Pool Fee: 0.5

CPUs: stratum+tcp://tyc.revientaicos.com:3333
GPUs: stratum+tcp://tyc.revientaicos.com:5555
RIGs: stratum+tcp://tyc.revientaicos.com:7777

Everyone is welcome.
Happy mining
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: