Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:51:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want a BFL PayPal refund? PM me.  (Read 10658 times)
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:17:26 AM

lajz99:  I sent something to your Cryptsy.  My tradekey is 80f68e261a697f2f3ff994e81a08ddfe6a6ff0f8 .  It represents 1% of my order that was refunded by Paypal.  Thanks!

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:22:43 AM

He may not be doing it for the money , but he is hiding the how it is done?

This only suggest  ' I help you , you help me' type of deal. Put it openly and anyone can do it, if tipped great if not than its free. I was never too naive to order from bfl so I have no dog in this fight but making money off refunds looks like a good way of scamming the gullable.
BTCscraper

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:31:42 AM

This only suggest  ' I help you , you help me' type of deal. Put it openly and anyone can do it, if tipped great if not than its free. I was never too naive to order from bfl so I have no dog in this fight but making money off refunds looks like a good way of scamming the gullable.

They might close the door if they get flooded, so it's better not to publicize the method.  Mentioning the tip here is just a way of expressing disgust for the seller.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:36:31 AM

I'm not hiding anything I'm just not posting it publicly and vetting out who I provide the information to so we ensure additional people who want refunds can obtain one going forward.

I also am not charging anyone for the information I've been providing and there are quite a few people who have obtained refunds and have not donated and all will tell you I'm not asking for anything. 

Thanks for your input, but you must not understand how a scam works.  The only one winning here is those who get their money back from the ripoff that is BFL.  Whether people want to tip me for helping them to get their $ back is up to them.  Move on.

lajz99 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:37:38 AM

lajz99:  I sent something to your Cryptsy.  My tradekey is 80f68e261a697f2f3ff994e81a08ddfe6a6ff0f8 .  It represents 1% of my order that was refunded by Paypal.  Thanks!

Glad to hear you got your refund!  I hope to hear of more tomorrow (although it is the weekend).

Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:41:57 AM

I could be wrong but I believe I was the first to send a tip to him for helping me with this back in August. He did not ask for anyting at all. I think I was the one that was encouraging people to tip him at first. Puerto Libre has driven it home. Anyone that I have helped I have also directed them to tip him, not me. He started this avenue, and if in their hearts people feel like giving back, whats the harm?

Regards,

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:56:40 AM

No no , you guys do not understand me , I am not saying he is doing it in return of the cash , I am saying he forces the hand. It is like 'if I go to dominos and buy a pizza and bring it home , I am not paying a tip at there , but if dominos brings me the pizza with delivery , I pay the guy a tip for bringing , I dont have to , but I usually do '

Thats the case here , I am not starting a hate deal here , it was just a mere observation , I still dont understand the reason of not publicly putting it out there , the reasons given sounds to weak to be real. I think 'how to' part should be an infographic out on the internet , and it is weird how noone published how they have done it so far respecting OP's request, gratz.
lajz99 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:06:40 AM

Since only one person has an issue with sending a PM to get the information that is how I am going to proceed.  No payment or tip required, I'm simply providing information on how I and others got a refund and that's all there is to it.

Whether you appreciate what I'm doing or not is up to you, end of story.  I will not be replying to posts like this in the future as there is no need for it.  The information is not being posted publicly and everyone seems to understand why, if you don't, oh well.

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:18:28 AM

Well thats a nice approach of 'I did it my way , I dont care if you like it or not' Cheesy

I was merely considering doing an infographic on it to help further the cause but if you insist it is a 'trade secret' for people to get their money back , thats your own selfishness I cant comment on that.
BTCscraper

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:36:07 AM

Well thats a nice approach of 'I did it my way , I dont care if you like it or not' Cheesy

I was merely considering doing an infographic on it to help further the cause but if you insist it is a 'trade secret' for people to get their money back , thats your own selfishness I cant comment on that.

Another reason for not making the method public is that it could quickly zero out the seller's Paypal wallet, and no further reversals could be made.  Not everyone can go the chargeback route because it's over 90 days.

If you make an infographic about it and it doesn't work (because either Paypal closes the door, or the wallet empties), people will blame you.

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:39:58 AM

I did not mention something for individual differences , If this method consist of 'if it says xx do xx' type of different approaches , it is impossible for me to do it , than by all means go on , but if everyone is doing the same thing , than it is nothing to be paypal to lock it since its already being done over and over again already and an infographic is nothign to be afraid of.

To people who say 'if this is public a lot of people will ask for a refund and paypal or bfl may close the door' , well what is there a limit? Is OP helping certain amount of people daily? What if 3000 people come here and ask for help? I bet you he will help everyone , so this is just to make his life easier then dealing everyone personally.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:44:38 PM

I did not mention something for individual differences , If this method consist of 'if it says xx do xx' type of different approaches , it is impossible for me to do it , than by all means go on , but if everyone is doing the same thing , than it is nothing to be paypal to lock it since its already being done over and over again already and an infographic is nothign to be afraid of.

To people who say 'if this is public a lot of people will ask for a refund and paypal or bfl may close the door' , well what is there a limit? Is OP helping certain amount of people daily? What if 3000 people come here and ask for help? I bet you he will help everyone , so this is just to make his life easier then dealing everyone personally.

Excuse me but to be honest OP has absolutely no obligation to ANYONE to make public ANY information he has.  He is also under no obligation to help anyone publicly or privately. The OP has clearly stated his reasons for sending out information in this way and has also said he may make it public info if/when HE feels it's appropriate.  He doesn't appear to be collecting personal information on people, he has not demanded nor has he even asked for money.  He has also kindly given his own free time to vet and reply to personal messages.  Not a single post complaining about him so far and yet many posts thanking him after they received promising email or actual refunds, this speaks volumes IMO.

I firmly believe that the OP's goal is to help as many victims as he can and believes this is the best way to help as many people as possible so as a community we should do all we can to support it.  He may be wrong but it's not our decision it's HIS so lets help him out anyway we can.  I also think its fair to assume he has evaluated the public vs private methodology and has made a decision on which he feels is better so I certainly will respect the mans decision unless/until something changes.  His method works and the proof is in the thread if someone feels enough gratitude to send a gift then good for them he has every right to graciously accept it and move on.

To the OP, as a member of the BTC community I thank you for helping people out.

Disclaimer, I have no dog in this fight I have never ordered from BFL nor have I ever pre-ordered nor do I own an ASIC mining device.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 02:07:20 PM

Excuse me but to be honest OP has absolutely no obligation to ANYONE to make public ANY information he has.  He is also under no obligation to help anyone publicly or privately. The OP has clearly stated his reasons for sending out information in this way and has also said he may make it public info if/when HE feels it's appropriate.  He doesn't appear to be collecting personal information on people, he has not demanded nor has he even asked for money.  He has also kindly given his own free time to vet and reply to personal messages.  Not a single post complaining about him so far and yet many posts thanking him after they received promising email or actual refunds, this speaks volumes IMO.

I firmly believe that the OP's goal is to help as many victims as he can and believes this is the best way to help as many people as possible so as a community we should do all we can to support it.  He may be wrong but it's not our decision it's HIS so lets help him out anyway we can.  I also think its fair to assume he has evaluated the public vs private methodology and has made a decision on which he feels is better so I certainly will respect the mans decision unless/until something changes.  His method works and the proof is in the thread if someone feels enough gratitude to send a gift then good for them he has every right to graciously accept it and move on.

To the OP, as a member of the BTC community I thank you for helping people out.

Disclaimer, I have no dog in this fight I have never ordered from BFL nor have I ever pre-ordered nor do I own an ASIC mining device.
I agree.  If the OP were to publicize his methodology, it is likely that information could then be used to prevent it from working any longer. 

The only concern I would have is honesty.  Myself, and a lot of people like me, placed an order for a piece of equipment that is faster and cheaper to run than the equipment I currently own.  I am perfectly content to wait for my order knowing it to be what I ordered.  While I am not saying ALL of the people clamoring for refunds are dishonest, I do feel that the true reason behind a majority of these requests is "Cause my money making machine won't make as much as it cost".  Try using that on Paypal and I'd bet you'd hear laughter followed by <click>.

If you truly are upset over the wait or the perceived customer service, then by all means, you should take advantage of this.  If you are upset cause your dreams of getting rich aren't coming true, maybe you need to rethink your course in life.  Investing in Bitcoin mining equipment is a lot like investing in stocks.  If you are lucky enough to get in early, you could profit big time.  But there are no guarantees.  The Winklevoss twins may decide tomorrow their investment strategy with BTC was a failure and dump their entire holdings and BTC would plummet to $30.  Conversely, Donald Trump may decide this is a good investment and the price could hit $1000 or more.

Face it, the majority of people demanding refunds have treated mining equipment like a get rich quick scheme and now that their bubble has burst, they want their money back.  The current rise in difficulty and the projected rise in the upcoming months clearly shows that nothing will remain profitable for long, yet more and more orders are being made.  What do these people who are ordering thousands upon thousands of units and are content to await thier product know that the rest of us don't?

Food for thought.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 02:48:38 PM

The only concern I would have is honesty.  Myself, and a lot of people like me, placed an order for a piece of equipment that is faster and cheaper to run than the equipment I currently own.  I am perfectly content to wait for my order knowing it to be what I ordered.  While I am not saying ALL of the people clamoring for refunds are dishonest, I do feel that the true reason behind a majority of these requests is "Cause my money making machine won't make as much as it cost".  Try using that on Paypal and I'd bet you'd hear laughter followed by <click>.

Paypal polices state delivery must be within 20 days of receiving payment. Name one customer that has received their BFL SC unit within the required 20 days.

Face it, the majority of people demanding refunds have treated mining equipment like a get rich quick scheme and now that their bubble has burst, they want their money back.  The current rise in difficulty and the projected rise in the upcoming months clearly shows that nothing will remain profitable for long, yet more and more orders are being made.  What do these people who are ordering thousands upon thousands of units and are content to await thier product know that the rest of us don't?

Food for thought.

Spoiled food. I don't care why someone buys something. If it isn't delivered as promised, when promised, then that person is well within their rights to request a refund. The law agrees with me.

Buy & Hold
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:04:17 PM

I just don't see how BFL can get away with basically holding people's money hostage. If this happened in my industry, I sell huge parts for steel mills that take 52+ weeks to make, I would be black balled permanently. If one of my customers requested an update on a product, I would give them everything I know. If I knew their product was stuck on a machine and needed extra machining time, I would tell my customer that. No need for subterfuge or name calling. BFL is in the business of making money, but to treat your customer base like a bunch of children when they complain about insane delivery times is outlandish. My success in my industry is based on the relationships I make with my customers. BFL has done nothing but alienate and infuriate their customer base to the point that after the back log is cleared I hope they shut their doors. So, it basically boils down to: Give me what I paid for and shut the fuck up.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:40:28 PM

No no , you guys do not understand me , I am not saying he is doing it in return of the cash , I am saying he forces the hand. It is like 'if I go to dominos and buy a pizza and bring it home , I am not paying a tip at there , but if dominos brings me the pizza with delivery , I pay the guy a tip for bringing , I dont have to , but I usually do '

Thats the case here , I am not starting a hate deal here , it was just a mere observation , I still dont understand the reason of not publicly putting it out there , the reasons given sounds to weak to be real. I think 'how to' part should be an infographic out on the internet , and it is weird how noone published how they have done it so far respecting OP's request, gratz.
Lazj99 is just regulating the flow of refunds so that the methods remain effective.

In essence, he is a regulating valve on the spigot of returns.

Too many and the refund window may explode. Just let him be, if people give him some big tips for a 100% recovery of their funds then no one is harmed in the process.

His method is sound in regulating the number of refunds arriving at PayPals desk. Hes probably getting 50 to 100 folks per day. It will be a while before the flood turns into a trickle.

Someone with a valid account should go to BFL forums and let people know about the refund opportunity that Lazj99 offers.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:42:45 PM

Another reason for not making the method public is that it could quickly zero out the seller's Paypal wallet, and no further reversals could be made.  Not everyone can go the chargeback route because it's over 90 days.

If you make an infographic about it and it doesn't work (because either Paypal closes the door, or the wallet empties), people will blame you.
Exactly!

Gotta keep Josh and Sonny delivering the 100 to 250k per day at the bank. It's good exercise.
lajz99 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:31:19 PM

As much as I'd like to help out as many as possible lets not post in BFL forums to avoid drawing their attention.

bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:02:26 PM

Paypal polices state delivery must be within 20 days of receiving payment. Name one customer that has received their BFL SC unit within the required 20 days.

Food for thought.

Spoiled food. I don't care why someone buys something. If it isn't delivered as promised, when promised, then that person is well within their rights to request a refund. The law agrees with me.
Using your scenario, 99.99% of all orders should have already been refunded.  I wonder why all those people haven't asked for a refund?

*I* do care why they bought it, cause for over a year people were quiet and now all of a sudden they are not.  You claim 20 days.  Ok, 20 days passed, no refund request.  100 days passed, no refund request.  200 days passed, no refund request.  300 days passed, no refund request.  Profitability goes into the toilet, REFUND ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:27:49 PM

It works. Thanks a lot.
1 LTC tip sent. tx id 71efac443127caa660539010feae9aa1762524b7ad60654b1c6a24df8c457965
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: