Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:38:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashrate fluctuation - claymore + ethermine  (Read 264 times)
daph (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:52:52 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 11:31:45 PM by daph

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to solve a major problem i have since i started mining a couple of month ago. I reserched the issue for weeks, tryed everything i saw this far, but i still have very bad fluctuation in my effective current hashrate. I have preatty high stale share too, but that's due to my connection type for the most part (satellite lte, there's nothing i can do about it) but still often this fluctuation seems preatty hard, connection/stale share aside. I don't have much hashrate, so i think it's normal to see some movement in the graphs due to the low range of data. I did read and saw picture of dudes complaining about theirs fluctuation and still they had a preatty smooth graph, almost flat. I wanna post a picture of mine and ask you if thats seems normal to you and if u have some advice for me.

https://imgur.com/a/sTMDk

My specs are:
claymore dual miner last version (up to today)
ethermine eu pool
2x rx 570 aorus 4gb hynix mem (bios mod, light oc)
rx 570 strix 4gb hynix mem (bios mod, light oc)
pentium 34xx
850w psu 80+ bronze

i got, give or take, 28mh/s per card, temps are very good (under 60°C). Got some memory errors in the strix card, something like 5-6/day, but that doesn't seems to affect fluctuation and nothing changes if  i take away those errors. It does only when i go very heavy on oc, at wich point errors goes enrage, stale shares raises up and effective current hashrate goes down. After a day or two of testing i found this preatty nice stable soft spot, but still i feel my graph have something wrong. And that was a good couples of days too.

I'm a preatty experienced IT guy but i'm very new to mining, maybe i'm doing something wrong.
Thank you very much.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pekine

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:57:04 PM

I have the same. Real Ethermine hashrate fluctuates a lot and stale parts have increased a lot recently.

However the most important is that your mined shares stays strong.
daph (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:27:45 PM

I have the same. Real Ethermine hashrate fluctuates a lot and stale parts have increased a lot recently.

However the most important is that your mined shares stays strong.

Thank you Pekine,
i agree, but i'm far from my margin of errors of my income calculation, something like 0.005 eth and that's raising (wich i think is not negligible for my mining power). I read somewhere that insufficent power suplly can cause  this issue, and since i have no additional power supply molex in the mobo above the pci-e and only 4pin for cpu, i defaulted the gpus for some time to test that, with no luck. I have some minor hashrate fluctuation in claymore too, something like 1 to 3 mh/s per card, but that happens from time to time and i think is normal since it seems not to be correlated with the fluctuation in ethermine. But thats only an opinion of mine honestly, i can't really tell.
tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:13:36 AM

Unfortunately if you expect a steady solid horizontal line for the hashrate, it won't happen.  Too many variables, flexible hashrate, flexible difficulty based on hashrate, too low hashrate for you, etc.  
You can try another pool see if you get more, but I would not expect a fixed line and fixed amount of ETH per day. It  move up and down with certain %, nothing is static.
And if you use whattomine to calculate , that is misleading as well.
burntmytoast

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:16:14 AM

Pretty much what everyone said. Do no expect a perfect line for expected hashrate.
tadeus1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:41:17 AM

Also you can try ethminer miner app. Free one.
Skip the claymore totally if you mine only ethereum. And skip fees.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2135

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 06:51:23 AM

You can get more stability and reducing stall share by choose nearest pool
Then use nofee=1 flag in claymore => stop dev fee so you'll always connected
Also make sure you have good cooling system then set tt=80 flag in claymore => it will run max load as temperature never hit 80%

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
daph (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:35:53 AM

Thank you all for your input.
@tadeus1 i'm setting up a smaller rig to try out ethminer and get some number from there to compare, i've read post from people who explained why don't use it and others who strongly adviced the opposite. So i'll take a look.
@mu_enrico
Dal nick penso tu sia italiano quindi mi butto e ti rispondo così. Ho letto in diversi forum che il flag nofee su claymore effettivamente non fa nulla, più precisamente anzi toglie solo l'output dalla finestra del miner ma in background continua a farlo. Sul post ufficiale c'è anche scritto che chi prova a togliere questa opzione sarà penalizzato senza ricevere nessun output effettivo per accorgersene così da scoraggiare ulteriori tentativi, anche se in pratica nessuno è mai riuscito a confermare questa cosa. Per le temperature sto messo abbastanza bene, sto sotto i 60 sempre e le schede girano senza problemi, apparte quei pochi errori sulla strix che ho menzionato sul post.

If i'll get some interesting result from compairing ethminer with my current setup i'll post it. Maybe will help someone else who's stucked with LTE satellite dsl.
tadeus1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:45:16 AM

You would have to play with etherminer config a bit to get similar rates.
Pm me for Ati  if you can't make it after few tries.
MokraCota

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:25:55 AM

If you are wondering how much is 1% DevFee

https://pastebin.com/BqH5Juzs
Dzeronimo

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 11:47:11 PM

I have a very similar setup (2xRX 570 - Claymore) and my graph is basically the same as yours. If you make some improvement with ethminer please let us know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: