Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: any opinions regarding MyEtherwallet.com?  (Read 167 times)
lopez cryptomania (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:29:42 PM

Apparently someone hacked or took over administration uses on their main twitter account and that has some worried about the fact of whether they are a safe intermediary wallet to use for erc 20 based tokens, any opinions or better suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:38:01 PM

Feel nothing dangerous with MEW, as long as the address bookmarked and private key are stored properly.
Metamask is safer than privatekey I want to start using it. Smiley

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
blankpaladin

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:40:41 PM

MyEtherWallet for me is safe one. For my 1 month and 2 weeks of using MEW, I don't encountered any issues or bugged like hacking or losses. MEW is safe as soon as you protect your private key. Don't give your private key to other and also don't just open your MEW in a computer cafe which you don't know if there's a key logger or something that may use to hack your account. At least my opinion may help you. Thanks
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:48:16 PM

Just remember: never share you Private Key to anyone.
Store it in the safe place like removable drive or even print it on the paper,
if you are not sure about your PC and smartphone security.
richaerich

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:50:00 PM

Apparently someone hacked or took over administration uses on their main twitter account and that has some worried about the fact of whether they are a safe intermediary wallet to use for erc 20 based tokens, any opinions or better suggestions?

Really ? i haven't read about that news yet,
For me, MEW is still the best wallet so far i've been using.
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:23:37 AM

From what I heard there was a split in the Team.

You can watch today's Box Mining video that talk about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krmwjv56hFA

I will keep using MEW with Metamask, but certainly I'll be more careful.
And trying to keep updated with the news.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:33:46 PM

I think MEW is a safe wallet as long as you use it properly.
The most problems with hacked wallets have happened mostly because the PC had a trojan or a similar virus. In some other cases they have cloned the web page and people were scammed.
Except for bookmarking the web page of the wallet you have an other better option. You can download the web page from GitHub and use it locally.
You can read more informations here:

https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:36:30 PM

you dont need to worry about it as myetherwallet is one of the best wallet for erc20, you dont need to worry and be safe anytime as long as you are checking your website url before doing any transaction, private key is the best way to any account in mew, therefore be sure to keep it safe and not sharing to anyone. dont worry to much!
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:47:17 PM

Moe is a good enough and safe wallet. Of course, you need to take some security measures. For example, store the private key in a safe place and not give it to anyone, enter through the password + file. In a word, connect all degrees of protection, do not be lazy to do it.
steviegboots

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:37:38 PM

I have no issues with MEW, the only thing I don't like about it is the design, I think it looks ugly. But it does a job, is very easy to use and informative.
RACallanta

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:46:26 PM

in my opinion this wallet (myetherwallet) is definitely legit and secure because, they need a private key for to access your wallet and that private key that i said is a combination of the unique letter and numbers. so that its more safetier than the password that consists in common word like your name or lastname and also like your birthdate. if you are sharing your own private key thats is only way to hack your myetherwallet....

S M A R T   Q U O R U M
ANNTelegramWhitepapersmartquorum.comOnepagerDiscordTwitter
The First POS Coin To Fuel Blockchain Market Boom
MGmahesh

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:47:05 PM

until now I still feel safe with mew, because used with caution, as long as the rules and meticulous in transacting well then I think there will be no problem with the mew. This mew is now believed to be a personal digital wallet because of its good and secure level of security.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:57:38 PM

If we're talking about its security from developer perspective,
until now everything is fine and nothing wrong with it.
(a rumour about hacked and something like that was not real,only their social medial as far as i remember)
but if we're talking about security from users perspective,
it's not really secure because it's very easy to get hacked,
some of us do not understand about technical thing and most people get hacked due to 'phising site' and malware.

in general it's safe as long as you do nothing to it or someone get access to your account.
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:59:42 PM

Dont worry regarding myetherwallet, it is secured untill you keep safe your private key and address.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
Monodont

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:02:56 PM

Just download a stable release from the MyEtherWallet Github repository, run it on your own computer and let the drama over capitalizing the MyEtherWallet.com website pass.

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:10:37 PM

I think this is a conflict between the devs of myetherwallet refer to their tweets on twitter they probably split into 2 wallet services or team, the new one is MyCrypto.com and myetherwallet they are referring to phishing sites that claimed it has been hijacked or hacked, you can check the Mycrypto twitter account for this concerns but to be safe as long as the issues are not settled yet, keep all your private keys safe somewhere or use metamask or other reputable software to generate a new ether addresses.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:16:07 PM

You say that they were hacked because the people inside the company who wants to get out from the business did that,because he/she wanted to make his/her own cryptocurrency decentralized platform.The employees in myetherwallet has some factions right now which people are grouped.But we dont care about their business inside MEW,not unless our security has been compromised by these people.

Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:19:15 PM

MyEtherWallet I use already half a year and very happy. I fully trust this wallet and think it's safe. Most importantly, use the correct address (MyEtherwallet.com) and not to fall for the hoax on the Internet
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:29:19 PM

Myetherwallet is still safe its just some members are moving on and made a new website named mycrypto . the uses of MEW is still same as was before.

you can read the official statement here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/7wgnds/official_myetherwallet_statement/?st=jdhkpfa5&sh=614c2e90
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:32:08 PM

Mew is as safe has it has always been, i have been using it for a long time and i have never seen any security breach. The only issue is if a pkey got leaked it is a save wallet to use.
Darin2

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:07:33 PM

It's safe for now. They just split.
She just took some twitter followers Smiley
Monodont

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:53:12 PM

Check out the last Tweet.

https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/963941339002937344

AFAIK Taylor/MyCrypto gave back the MyEtherWallet Twitter handle to kvhnuke/MEW.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:05:36 PM

Nothing to fear on this as long as you can get your private key safe.
myetherwallet is the best wallet i am using with erc20 tokens and i am no worries about hacker because i have my private keys with me always safe.
myetherwallet is serving people to have a good wallet while collecting little transaction fee.
This wallet is also the most comfortable in most of the token in the market and ICO.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: