Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yobit chatbox scam.  (Read 134 times)
alpakka88 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:26:16 PM

https://imgur.com/a/c2PwX

I made the error of sending ETH to ETC address on Yobit which is a real kick in the nuts.
No reply from support, so we do the 0.02btc send there so I can use the chat box.

When typing the phrase, "Will Yobit help if i have sent ETC to a ETH address"
It spat out the text as you see in the screenshot above, LOL WTF hey and then bans me from chat. A scam of a exchange and I wouldn't make the mistake of putting my money there .. well a third time after having to send .02 to chat. What do people make of this?

** I just received today a message titled "Support" from "Yomailer" Stating that if I send .02 btc or .25eth to the address this problem can be solved by the technical staff.. Just a shame they asked for .02 and .25 otherwise I probably would have fell for that, not realizing you can PM anyone on yobit once you have there user name which is visible in that image.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:49:44 AM

https://imgur.com/a/c2PwX

I made the error of sending ETH to ETC address on Yobit which is a real kick in the nuts.
No reply from support, so we do the 0.02btc send there so I can use the chat box.

When typing the phrase, "Will Yobit help if i have sent ETC to a ETH address"
It spat out the text as you see in the screenshot above, LOL WTF hey and then bans me from chat. A scam of a exchange and I wouldn't make the mistake of putting my money there .. well a third time after having to send .02 to chat. What do people make of this?

** I just received today a message titled "Support" from "Yomailer" Stating that if I send .02 btc or .25eth to the address this problem can be solved by the technical staff.. Just a shame they asked for .02 and .25 otherwise I probably would have fell for that, not realizing you can PM anyone on yobit once you have there user name which is visible in that image.

I find it almost unbelievable that your message for help was converted to that automatically. Even though Yobit is pretty much a verified scam site, I'd still ask for more testimonials of the same thing happening.

It makes sense though, they don't want people to know about their problems in chat to increase their public image(if you're telling the truth, of course), so they make up an excuse to ban someone automatically.

Don't send anyone money to solve an issue, whether it's to unban or to process one of your transactions. Firstly you should get their best service for free since you're paying them in commissions anyways, secondly it's most likely a scammer trying to impersonate yobit support.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: