Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nuking inactive brand news after x time  (Read 220 times)
RJX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:58:26 PM
Merited by bill gator (1)

It certainly could be, but my fear is that the same logic that would be used to implement such a rule in the first place would be the same logic to implement a sliding scale.

I disagree (although strictly you are right). The fear is only just when nobody acts upon it to prevent it from becoming a sliding scale and keeping it that way if needed.

I knew I was the butt of a joke, I could just feel it. No offense taken, you have to be able to laugh at yourself. I should have known this already, and I could've easily just logged out and checked. This is a much more intriguing exchange than I had earlier; at least we are bouncing ideas back and forth, building off of something and probably both have something positive to take away.

That is what it's all about right? I don't see much wrong with administrative termination for a category of users that do not engage in similar activity but I realize that sounds really fascist too.

I just remember being on other forums where there were developers, merchants and many users that never posted publicly and remained active within PMs; everyone approaches things their own way. Although, as you pointed out earlier it might be fair to just mark those that haven't been accessed at all since their registration. For example, we could potentially still implement what you're suggesting if we count PMs as activity for this one proposal. As you said, it's at their discretion, but I think it could be done with strict limits and fair rules.

As far as I know the same posting restrictions for brand news (or any other rank) apply to pm's as well. Assuming it's true, is this forum for people who wish to send 1 pm every 360 seconds?

As long as we're counting PMs in the equation, then I can't see much harm in this (unless we're both missing something); other than the total registered users, which as Jet said might affect marketing, but I would be willing to bet this would be minimal and most likely negligible. It might be something worth doing when we migrate over to the new forum software.

Well sure, marketing and who knows what else may pose valid points I do not know, have not considered and cannot speak about. Maybe it's a dud because keeping registrations serves a purpose that outweighs the usefulness of a periodic sweep. Then again, maybe not. Much is still unclear for me.

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evdokimo

Activity: 40
Merit: 9

Support life!

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:38:10 AM

This can result in lot of confusion. For instance, an inactive member coming after some time and wanting his account back. However, if the servers are stressed with new registrations, this might help.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: