Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:28:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoiners needed in Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, etc.  (Read 3524 times)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 06:10:03 PM

Come to Kansas City Missouri, you guys need to meet me for dinner anyway.

You should take this offer.  You really should.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 11:42:30 PM

Hey guys. Just noticed lifeonbitcoin.com is not indexed in Google because you've got wordpress set to not allow search engines to index it. When that's set Wordpress adds a meta-tag that tells the saerch-engines not to index or follow any links. That's REALLY bad for your publicity.

We got your email on this btcdrak. Thank you for the heads up! That is strange. I've forwarded it to Connor our web guy. We'll get this fixed.

That wouldn't be Art Connor by chance, would it?

I'm in Sandwich, IL, and count me in in supporting you if you pass near. There's enough bitcoiners in the states you've mentioned to slingshot to your final destination.
cbhelp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:51:15 PM

If you go through kc, Missouri, and continue on 70 east, you will be in my area. I'm game for helping you by trade, a place to sleep for a night, etc. Stay in touch, pm me
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 12:06:13 AM

Hey guys, the evil meta tag is still there:

<meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />

This meta tag needs to be removed. There is a setting in Wordpress which allows you to be indexed in the search engines, that should be enabled. If you use some funky theme plugin, sometimes there are option there too. As long as this issue persists you have zero exposure on any search engine. It's REALLY BAD for publicity.

http://cboyack.dunked.com/life-on-bitcoin

Life on Bitcoin

I partnered with a few friends to work on a feature-length documentary following a newly married couple living solely off of bitcoin for their first 90 days of marriage. I created the website and developed some tracking tools to monitor the real-time progress of the crowdfunding campaign.

Wow! When I set up WP sites, one of the first things I do within 60 seconds is tick/untick the robot box. In fact, by default its configured for the search engines to spider the site. One has to manually/purposely tick the box so that that's no longer the case.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 12:25:07 AM

I desire to ship to them a piece of barn wood, specially distressed so that a black felt tipped pen can write on it. The goal being that as they connect with fellow bitcoiners or others, they'll have the option of signing the board. Once the couple settle into their first home, they'll be able to hang the board from the ceiling in such a way to enable them to view the signatures and notes on the front, back, and even on the one inch sides.

The length of the board will be predicated on the maximum allowed dimensions that can be shipped. The width will be six to eight inches, having a one inch thickness. It will be distressed in some shade of antique white. Maybe having a package of multi colored markers on hand oppose to only a black one would be a better idea.

Consider it a memento of the trip for years to come.
LifeOnBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:47:08 AM

If you plan to take I-80, you'll travel through the state of Iowa. Without being too specific, I live in a city located along I-80 in the state of Iowa.  I'd love to meet you and help out if I can.  I may not be the only Iowan bitcoiner, but I have yet to meet another.  To my knowledge, there are no businesses that accept bitcoin in the state; however, I've managed to use Gyft to get most of what I need.  @LifeOnBitcoin, PM me if you would like my details.

I'll PM you. There is a high likelihood we will be using that route as we are going to Chicago. Can you try to get a local mom and pop restaurant to accept btc? We could do lunch with you on the way through to Chicago. Also, if you could talk to local gas stations, and get one on board, that would be awesome! I'll PM you later this evening.

Theron H.

I already have a couple of restaurants in mind that I think might be willing to accept btc, a gas station too I guess.  Do you typically encourage merchants to use a payments processor (Bitpay or Coinbase)? As a customer I think both are suitable, but I know Coinbase is currently offering no fee for the first $1M. 

For processing, we normally encourage BitPay, because they have the most serious suite of tools, and they have reps in multiple states that can help with integration.
LifeOnBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:48:24 AM

Come to Kansas City Missouri, you guys need to meet me for dinner anyway.

You should take this offer.  You really should.

Yes, we have been in touch via private message. We are trying to see if schedules will mesh.
LifeOnBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:51:42 AM

I desire to ship to them a piece of barn wood, specially distressed so that a black felt tipped pen can write on it. The goal being that as they connect with fellow bitcoiners or others, they'll have the option of signing the board. Once the couple settle into their first home, they'll be able to hang the board from the ceiling in such a way to enable them to view the signatures and notes on the front, back, and even on the one inch sides.

The length of the board will be predicated on the maximum allowed dimensions that can be shipped. The width will be six to eight inches, having a one inch thickness. It will be distressed in some shade of antique white. Maybe having a package of multi colored markers on hand oppose to only a black one would be a better idea.

Consider it a memento of the trip for years to come.

That is beautiful and really cool. I'll talk to Austin and Beccy about it, and get back to you by PM with their address. Wow, that is so kind!
LifeOnBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:53:01 AM

This meta tag needs to be removed. There is a setting in Wordpress which allows you to be indexed in the search engines, that should be enabled. If you use some funky theme plugin, sometimes there are option there too. As long as this issue persists you have zero exposure on any search engine. It's REALLY BAD for publicity.

Life on Bitcoin

I partnered with a few friends to work on a feature-length documentary following a newly married couple living solely off of bitcoin for their first 90 days of marriage. I created the website and developed some tracking tools to monitor the real-time progress of the crowdfunding campaign.

Wow! When I set up WP sites, one of the first things I do within 60 seconds is tick/untick the robot box. In fact, by default its configured for the search engines to spider the site. One has to manually/purposely tick the box so that that's no longer the case.

I messaged Connor Boyack about this meta-tag issue, and I know he has been swamped. I'll follow up with him again. Thanks for honey badgering us Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 09:02:53 AM

Life on Bitcoin

I messaged Connor Boyack about this meta-tag issue, and I know he has been swamped. I'll follow up with him again. Thanks for honey badgering us Smiley

If I didn't like you, I would have considered sticking up your donkey further. We're sure it'll be rectified soon, otherwise a reminder will be in order. Look at it this way: By not having the site indexed, it's a disservice to all those who donated $72K via Kickstarter. There are ever sponsors mentioned on the site that aren't getting any juice.

No matter how swamped Connor is, this it truly only a 30 second task.

I look forward to your PM, and hope I'm able to meet them on their way through Illinois.

Would they be interested in being on a radio show in Chicago?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 03:44:19 PM

I'm going to make my barn-wood-board-to-be-signed proposal really simple. I see that Austin and Beccy are going to attend the Crypto-Currency Conference in Atlanta. Since I'm now planning on attending, I'll simply bring the board with me, whereupon them seeing it they'll have an opportunity to embrace or nix the idea. No hard feelings if the latter. In fact, I'll bring two boards, so that they've have a choice, using the other board to be signed by the conference-goers.

At the end of the conference, there can be an informal auction to sell the signed board with the proceeds going toward Austin and Beccy's trip. Of course, it will be filmed, with the winner playing a more prominent role in the upcoming documentary.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 03:52:19 PM

I'm going to make my barn-wood-board-to-be-signed proposal really simple. I see that Austin and Beccy are going to attend the Crypto-Currency Conference in Atlanta. Since I'm now planning on attending, I'll simply bring the board with me, whereupon them seeing it they'll have an opportunity to embrace or nix the idea. No hard feelings if the latter. In fact, I'll bring two boards, so that they've have a choice, using the other board to be signed by the conference-goers.

Details on that event in Atlanta? When where? I never hear about these things until it is too late! Smiley

First off, never quote me until I'm done editing my post.  Grin

Secondly, I'll only answer your question if you're leaving your lovely wife home. I got robbed in KC.  Grin

Finally, since I like you: http://www.cryptocurrencycon.com/
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:01:51 AM

That's a rather unfortunate website name. I asked several people what this meant to them, and they all came up with "a site detailing the scam of bitcoin"
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:04:18 AM

Hey, @lifeonbitcoin you should put a link to lifeonbitcoin.com in your forum signature. It would be good for backlinks and you really need the SEO help given your site has been self-barred from the search engine since it's creation. You'll find it in My Profile->Forum Profile Information
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: